Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

4.5

on 9/5/2017 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Flawless all day is words to describe. Its light coverage and stay 12 hours on my oily skin. I have spent huge amounts of expensive foundation because my skin is oily and acnes. This one makes it gorgeous. Highly recommended for perfect skin. But its quite pricey!

on 3/18/2017 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is by far the best foundation I have used, alongside with Urban Decay Naked Skin (and the discontinued Bourjois 123 Foudnation).

I have it in shades 3.0, which is my transitional shade (nc25) and 2.0, which is my winter shade (between nc15 and nc20).

The shade 2.0 is a perfect neutral shade, slightly yellow (not a beige).

The foundation works very Well on My dehydrated oily skin.

I prep my skin with a light moisturizer (Caudalie sorbet, the light pink tube). I apply the foundation with a moist sponge (Real Techniques works better than Beauty Blender - quite a mistery, really). Using a buffing brush gives a similar outcome, but the sponge is definitely a better option. That way, the pores are better covered.

When I apply the foundation, my skin looks really perfect and even.

On top I put Hourglass compact powder, but it doesn't make a difference - whichever powder is on top, it looks natural and soft (Mac loose setting powder, Guerlain Perls in Medium).

The foundation lasts really long. I tested it on all weather conditions, and there is only a difference with my oiliness but despite, the foundation sits well. I get 8 hours without retouching. By 12 hours, the foundation slightly sinks into pores, but still looks good and wearable.

I highly recommend both of the foundations!

The match is on point, the foundation is longwearing, doesn't dry my skin out and doesn't make my skin oilier than usual. It's the best I came across.

Mac Prolongwear nc20 - slightly too orange
Estée Lauder DW 1w2 - slightly too orange
Burberry Velvet Ochre - slightly darker
Lancôme 24 Idole Beige Albatre - slightly darker and too orange (match with first two above)

Urban Decay 2.0 Naked
Bourjois 123 foundation 52
Giorgio Armani Luminous 2.0

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought 6.5 at bloomingway.com! They have the cheapest price for the GA! Here in Australia, it retails for 80aud ish . I got if for 60+. When i received it , i was so shaky and excited! Imagine i have been lemming this product since 2007! Omg! And now i had it , it's a perfect moment! Initially i thought it looked beigey because i applied it in the morning where the sun is so so bright but when i applied it at nightime, it's the perfect yellow olive shade that I always see online. So yeah i would use it more on the night. It's kinda weird hey. But trust me i have been studying foundations, undertones, colors for like 10years now because i hve been searching the perfect color! Ai love how it feels! It blends well. Yeah it doesnt give u the most matte finish like hourglass but it creates a beautiful look overall. I hate the smell , reminded me of fhe old Bobbi Brown oil free foundation that I abhored back in the days. Yes it is buildable, and it takes time to set. I can compare it to Loreal true match but the latter is weak in oil control . You must try it I promise! Im an nc40, olive in becca , cashew in EL DW. Give it a try!

on 5/2/2009 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this foundation, and I think I would if I had skin that was dry. But I don't. My skin is really oily and even if I use a primer, this foundation ends up sliding off my skin by the end of the day.
**Update***
In the last few months I have been changing my skin routine and it has made my skin so much better. I now love wearing this foundation. I still have to wear a primer. I use monistat powder gel. I will buy this again even though it is so expensive because the bottle lasts a really long time.

Video Reviews & Tutorials