Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

4.1

on 9/5/2017 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Flawless all day is words to describe. Its light coverage and stay 12 hours on my oily skin. I have spent huge amounts of expensive foundation because my skin is oily and acnes. This one makes it gorgeous. Highly recommended for perfect skin. But its quite pricey!

on 3/18/2017 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is by far the best foundation I have used, alongside with Urban Decay Naked Skin (and the discontinued Bourjois 123 Foudnation).

I have it in shades 3.0, which is my transitional shade (nc25) and 2.0, which is my winter shade (between nc15 and nc20).

The shade 2.0 is a perfect neutral shade, slightly yellow (not a beige).

The foundation works very Well on My dehydrated oily skin.

I prep my skin with a light moisturizer (Caudalie sorbet, the light pink tube). I apply the foundation with a moist sponge (Real Techniques works better than Beauty Blender - quite a mistery, really). Using a buffing brush gives a similar outcome, but the sponge is definitely a better option. That way, the pores are better covered.

When I apply the foundation, my skin looks really perfect and even.

On top I put Hourglass compact powder, but it doesn't make a difference - whichever powder is on top, it looks natural and soft (Mac loose setting powder, Guerlain Perls in Medium).

The foundation lasts really long. I tested it on all weather conditions, and there is only a difference with my oiliness but despite, the foundation sits well. I get 8 hours without retouching. By 12 hours, the foundation slightly sinks into pores, but still looks good and wearable.

I highly recommend both of the foundations!

The match is on point, the foundation is longwearing, doesn't dry my skin out and doesn't make my skin oilier than usual. It's the best I came across.

Mac Prolongwear nc20 - slightly too orange
Estée Lauder DW 1w2 - slightly too orange
Burberry Velvet Ochre - slightly darker
Lancôme 24 Idole Beige Albatre - slightly darker and too orange (match with first two above)

Urban Decay 2.0 Naked
Bourjois 123 foundation 52
Giorgio Armani Luminous 2.0

on 12/22/2016 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

"I see!" said the blind man. God in every magazine, in every YouTube review, in all my life I have heard of this very foundation. I finally purchased it this summer. I tested it about 3 times for very important events and dear Lord have mercy on me! I was blind now I can see. It is exquisite! The way this lays on my buttery brown complexion? Nothing short of amazing. And this photographs so beautifully! I have several car selfies to commemorate the times I wore this. Medium coverage, does set to a luminous finish, makes you look like money! Does not exacerbate oil production either. This is a very well-executed product. I will certainly purchase again.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought 6.5 at bloomingway.com! They have the cheapest price for the GA! Here in Australia, it retails for 80aud ish . I got if for 60+. When i received it , i was so shaky and excited! Imagine i have been lemming this product since 2007! Omg! And now i had it , it's a perfect moment! Initially i thought it looked beigey because i applied it in the morning where the sun is so so bright but when i applied it at nightime, it's the perfect yellow olive shade that I always see online. So yeah i would use it more on the night. It's kinda weird hey. But trust me i have been studying foundations, undertones, colors for like 10years now because i hve been searching the perfect color! Ai love how it feels! It blends well. Yeah it doesnt give u the most matte finish like hourglass but it creates a beautiful look overall. I hate the smell , reminded me of fhe old Bobbi Brown oil free foundation that I abhored back in the days. Yes it is buildable, and it takes time to set. I can compare it to Loreal true match but the latter is weak in oil control . You must try it I promise! Im an nc40, olive in becca , cashew in EL DW. Give it a try!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is another foundation that just runs too dark for me to wear. If I put this on the color of my face doesn't match the color of my neck (and I am using shade 02). The other thing I don't like is it does not last whole day on my oily skin, so if you are oily you will definitely have to touch up or try to use this with powder. What I like is the natural finish and no cakiness. The coverage is rather sheer, so it won't work well if you're trying to cover pimples.

on 12/26/2013 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I keep repurchasing this again and again despite its prohibitive cost. By far the best of the best I've tried! Definitely HG material. If you prefer a heavy foundation, then this is not for you. It's a medium coverage foundation that doesn't feel like a mask at all, and lasts all day. I hope it never gets discontinued.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

My HG foundation!! I LOVE THIS STUFF

Edit: 28/04/2014 - This is still my favourite foundation! I have not found anything else like it or better! I do have oily skin but suprisingly this lasts well on me, i do get shiny but this foundation does not break up on me! The finish this gives is amazing! So skin like!

on 6/5/2013 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE this foundation! I have a very oily t-zone and blemishes. this foundation provides great coverage yet it's light. I do not need a primer or setter to wear this all day long without any shine. my skin is also has a yellow/olive tone so the foundation with the yellow undertone matches beautifully to my skin. applies smoothly without needing too much and does not come off on my clothes etc. I have found my holy grail foundation!

I've already worn it through the worst of the heat wave and it stayed on all day! And because it is not heavily scented, i don't have to worry about sneezing or irritating me and my eyes.

on 3/8/2012 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm on the fence about this one. I can definitely see why it's so expensive because it is indeed high quality. It just wasn't intended for someone with my skin type: very oil with dark scarring and seeking medium-full coverage. But that's my fault for buying it even though I knew it wasn't made for all that, so I can't give it low marks. The reason I decided to try it was because I still don't like the flatness and dry look of matte foundations and I wanted something more natural.

First off, this is light to medium coverage. Very buildable, but I still couldn't manage to get full coverage out of it and I needed a concealer.

The finish is very dewy, which I can't pull off with my oily skin. I break shine through any foundation (yes, I even had a sheen with EL Doublewear!) so I expected that. The problem is, this stuff doesn't react well to touch ups. If I try to use blotting papers, it ALL sticks to the paper and comes off. It did not react well to my Guerlain mattifying compact powder or any loose powder - trying to mattify this foundation just made it gross and dough-like, like throwing flour on a wet table. I think this is just a foundation meant to be worn alone.

The texture, however, really impressed me. I do not have wrinkles at the moment, but I DO have pockmarks and indented scars. While there is no way to completely disguise them, some foundations do accentuate them. But GA Luminous actually did a fairly good job of not magnifying any indents or pores on my face. It's silicone (which irritates a lot of people's skin, but not mine), and that makes it a great winter foundation because it does not repeatedly freeze on your face outside and melt when you go indoors like a water-based fndtn. In terms of durability, it actually held up quite well on my face, albeit it was basically a big oil pool that sat on my face the whole day. I also have dry patches on the cheeks, and it did not accentuate them. The texture is probably what gives this foundation its claim to fame.

Overall, this would be a perfect foundation for someone with dry to normal skin looking for a dewy, light to medium coverage (still much more coverage than a tinted moisturizer, don't get me wrong). But unfortunately for me, it's not what I need.

For reference: I am a neutral toned NW20-25, and I used the shade 4.5. I ordered online. It was a little too light for me and looked greyish at times but nothing too noticeable. If I ordered again, I would probably look for a darker, yellower shade.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ive been wanting to try this foundation for a long time. I finally gave my sisley phyto teint a rest and tried this. I have very oily skin and heard that this helps to regulate oil production thus making me less shiny....NOT true at all. I have been using this for about a month now and have tried using fingers, sponge and brush to apply. I have also used a origins zero oil and a primer such as a silicone primer or guerlains meteorite pearls or loreals new primer underneath and none help this to stay in place. It sits in my pores and even in freezing cold weather it seperates all over my face after an hour of wear. If you try to blot away the oil you end up taking all the foundation off even if you blot lightly. I also didnt find it incredibly easy to blend on my skin. I have given it a fair chance and will not be using it again. Colour wise it matches my porcelain skin perfectly but I would only suggest that dry or dry combo skins use this, you will definately need a good primer underneath and will need to blend in lots, I tried lots of brushes with it but a mac 187 worked best. The pump can also dispense to much of the product as the pump is very stiff and being a glass container its not travel friendly. I will be going back to my sisley foundation for the time being I'm afraid!