Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

on 7/4/2018 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

My typical "everyday" foundation, although I only wear foundation like a few times a year, is the L'oreal Infallible Pro Matte, which keeps my face perfect . But sometimes it's just a bit too matte, so on special occasions like weddings and stuff when I'm gonna be photographed a lot then I wanted something to give my skin more dimension. Enter Luminous Silk.

I wear this over my Skindinavia Primer Spray (Oil Control) and the combination keeps my oils at bay for about 4 - 6 hours. After that I need to blot and powder to stay pretty but that's fine with me. I love the way this makes my skin look, it just looks radiant and flawless (for the first 4-6 hours) like I was born with it, doesn't look like I'm wearing a lot of makeup.

I also discovered something about my skintone from experimenting with the lovely Giorgio Armani SAs at Neiman––my neck colour is a shade 4 in Luminous Silk, but my actual face colour is 4.5. My face looks unnatural to me when I wear 4, but it blends in perfectly with my neck. It also makes my skin look brighter, and my eyeshadows (like the gold-copper shade Ambient from Smashbox) show up more beautifully on fairer skin. Unfortunately, if any of the foundation rubs away or if I apply too thin of a layer, then you can see this sitting on my skin which is a different colour. 4.5 looks a little too dark for my neck (just barely, only makeup artists would notice) but it is my actual perfect skin match. I also prefer when my face is a bit darker to mitigate ghostface in flash photography. So yes, I ended up buying the shade 4.5!

For reference I'm about NC30 in MAC. I think my neck is more like NC25.

Will try this foundation out in a tropical climate where I live, and will also try with setting spray on top to see if it keeps me oil-free for longer!

on 11/29/2017 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I don't like liquid make up because most break me out, look cakey or turns orange. This product does non of that. I don't wear a lot, I apply with a sponge, dries quick and then I set with powder over it. Keeps my nose and forehead non greasy all day!

on 9/12/2017 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Sadly this foundation is oxidizing on my oily skin.... however I did go get myself a shade lighter- the 4.0.
When doing the "Wayne Goss translucent powder trick", and a couple of touch ups, this foundation lasts all day (12 hours +).
And I love that this foundation causes no flashback... just wore it at my cousins wedding- and I looked flawless in photos :)
I've always been using "flat-matte", longwear foundations like Estee Lauder double wear, and Macs pro longwear, so I didn't really believe in the hype around this foundation, now I do- it is truly amazing :)

The only thing keeping me from making this my everyday foundation is the price-tag :(

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Good foundation, not one of my favorites but would purchase again! Texture is super lightweight, didn't exactly like it's coverage. I have oily skin, and had to powder my face once or twice a day.

on 5/11/2017 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm on my second bottle and I love how it looks on my skin. My only complaint is that it doesn't last all day, it starts fading around 6 hours and by the time I get home, it's basically gone. But, I have very oily skin so that's pretty typical.

It really does make my skin look glowy and I love how it layers and blends with blush and bronzers. I typically use 2 pumps worth to get medium/high coverage. It feels very light and natural, blends well with my skin tone, and doesn't settle into lines.

So far this is my HG foundation, although I am tempted to try Lasting Silk for the UV coverage!

on 3/22/2017 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I tried this after seeing so many reviews and videos praising its greatness. This did not work for me. I have combo to dry skin right now. I used Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer on my problem areas (as Karima does in her videos with this). I also set it with Laura Mercier powder. This just slid off of my face or disappeared in some areas and I only wore it for about 8 hours. Where I work is very chilly, so warmth was not an issue. The places it stayed put looked okay, but not good. I'm very disappointed in this high end foundation.

on 2/10/2017 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I wanted to buy this for ages but I waited due to the price - I finally caved in & bought it. My previous foundation was from Loreal (so this one was a bit of a step up) & whenever I went out and had photos taken my face would always be white in the photo, even though it's a dark shade foundation. With Luminous Silk, it doesn't contain SPF so in photos, even with the flash, it brings out my colour. I also bought the micro fill loose powder to go with it.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Amazing foundation that actually applies and looks like it's name suggests. It applies seamlessly and silky, while imparting a luminous, natural glow. No shimmer. I've received numerous compliments on my skin overnight. I actually purchased this on a whim and I'm glad I did. It's one of those life's little moments :). This is my new holy grail.

buildable coverage, non-cakey look, feels light on the skin, non-oily/greasy. Essentially, everything anyone could ever want in a foundation.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Amazing foundation, but too expensive for me personally for frequent use. I have oily skin, and I was shocked to see that my skin could tolerate this foundation. It gives a light to build able coverage and their entire line has a great color selection. It gives an incredibly natural, dewy, finish and lasts most of the day. Would be my holy grail for everyday wear if it wasn't for the steep price.

on 6/24/2016 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Your skin but better, light weight everyday foundation that just gives your own skin a sheer glow coating without feeling like your wearing any makeup. Wouldn't recommend if you are after a full coverage foundation