Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

on 2/12/2018 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I can see why this is a popular choice for many - nice formula texture glides on easily, looks dewy has nice sheen not heavy at all medium coverage but as I have oily skin not ideal for those with oily skin. Best for normal or dry skin types.
I prefer Power Fabric over this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Absolutely love this foundation - perfect for people who love a lightweight, natural complexion.

I feel like it blends well and doesn't settle into my pours. Longevity is not so great but wears pretty nicely throughout my work day. Will definitely re-purchase. Currently have 3 different colours so I can mix my shades for when I fake tan.

on 12/10/2017 2:39:00 PM

I like it the mooost.

on 11/19/2017 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I went 10 years without buying liquid foundation. I have light cool toned skin, but not 001 cool toned. Foundations pull yellow very easily on my skin. Most foundation lines only formulate the palest cool tone as an actual pink based foundation, and beyond that just get progressively warmer/yellower. I don't care if yellow counteracts to "neutralize" my pink undertones - I want my face to match my neck, and my makeup to look like my natural skin. Luminous silk 4.75 is the first foundation I've ever found that matches my skin perfectly. It's light to medium buildable coverage, no scent, blends out well with a beauty blender. Very happy.

on 10/29/2017 2:46:00 PM

I recently purchased a sample of this foundation and finally tried it today. The texture was lovely and went on very smooth with a dewy finish. It is light but buildable coverage. I love how it made my skin look and it felt like I was wearing nothing at all. Around four hours in, unfortunately my eyelids started turning pink/red and my mouth started getting itchy. I have read that some people were having reactions to this and hoped that I wouldn't be the same. I am sad because this looks gorgeous on the skin but clearly there are some ingredients that are causing allergies in a wide variety of people. I won't be using it again.

on 10/26/2017 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I didn't want to like this. I've been using drugstore foundation for the last 3 years but received a sample of this to see if the hype was worth it. My primary issue is PIH/PIE and mild textural problems caused by cystic acne on my cheeks. I don't have many issues in my t-zone or neck, so I don't apply a full-face of foundation and conceal only where needed. The finish of this is like a second skin, and provided great coverage even with a small dab of product. I like it far, far more than my Revlon Colorstay, which is too cool and gives me a flatter, matte finish - I will likely grit my teeth and hand over my credit card to purchase this foundation once my Colorstay runs out!

Pros:
Decent match for my undertones (yellow-olive)
Fluid, thin texture that's very easy to apply
Medium, buildable coverage
Decent staying power on my oily skin
Didn't irritate my sensitive skin, and I used this a few days post-peel

Cons:
Makes me extremely shiny, especially in my t-zone
Texture is slightly sticky and doesn't play well with my oilier areas

on 10/11/2017 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Unforunately I wasn't a fan of this foundation, I could feel is sitting on top of my skin, the coverage was ok but not great and it didn't last very long either. I also don't like the fact that it has fragrance.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This has a nice consistency and goes on the skin smoothly - almost like second skin except that it slightly clings to dry patches. But my biggest beef with this is that throughout the day, it becomes powdery and cakey on me, which is a big no-no. I really like the smell, though. And it didn't break me out when most products do.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Ok. Most over rated foundation ever. I dont get how people like this - it breaks on my skin like no other foundation I have ever used. Maybe it needs a ton of skin prep - which i have no time for. For the price, I dont believe this delivers any value - except the fact that it looks amazing in pictures. Maybe it has some good light reflecting properties - but when u see it face to face, its a weird cakey look. What a disappointment !

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Not a lot of coverage but it is so easy to apply and just smooths onto skin. It somewhat reduces the appearance of uneven texture on skin like craters or what not and from afar it looks like your skin is glowing, and by that I don't mean dewy or whatever. I mean as if you had a bunch of vegetables and eight glasses of water and actually got enough sleep kind of glow. It doesn't look like your wearing foundation at all, even my overly critical sister couldn't tell when I asked her how my foundation looked.

Only downsides is the price, and the fact it's not available at my local Sephora, so I have to make a special trip to the one that's three hours away if I need a new bottle.

Also this somewhat reminds me of the Nars all day luminous in regards to the initial finish when you apply it and it's funny cause that one is my all time HG favorite.

I wish they offered this in a smaller bottle with a nicer price tag so it wouldn't be so hard to fork out the money for this. I have to save up for this for weeks before I can get it it's that expensive here in Canada. (I'm still a student too).

The longevity seems pretty good but I'm going to try it out in the heat tomorrow hopefully.