Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

on 12/10/2017 2:39:00 PM

I like it the mooost.

on 11/19/2017 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I went 10 years without buying liquid foundation. I have light cool toned skin, but not 001 cool toned. Foundations pull yellow very easily on my skin. Most foundation lines only formulate the palest cool tone as an actual pink based foundation, and beyond that just get progressively warmer/yellower. I don't care if yellow counteracts to "neutralize" my pink undertones - I want my face to match my neck, and my makeup to look like my natural skin. Luminous silk 4.75 is the first foundation I've ever found that matches my skin perfectly. It's light to medium buildable coverage, no scent, blends out well with a beauty blender. Very happy.

on 10/29/2017 2:46:00 PM

I recently purchased a sample of this foundation and finally tried it today. The texture was lovely and went on very smooth with a dewy finish. It is light but buildable coverage. I love how it made my skin look and it felt like I was wearing nothing at all. Around four hours in, unfortunately my eyelids started turning pink/red and my mouth started getting itchy. I have read that some people were having reactions to this and hoped that I wouldn't be the same. I am sad because this looks gorgeous on the skin but clearly there are some ingredients that are causing allergies in a wide variety of people. I won't be using it again.

on 10/26/2017 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I didn't want to like this. I've been using drugstore foundation for the last 3 years but received a sample of this to see if the hype was worth it. My primary issue is PIH/PIE and mild textural problems caused by cystic acne on my cheeks. I don't have many issues in my t-zone or neck, so I don't apply a full-face of foundation and conceal only where needed. The finish of this is like a second skin, and provided great coverage even with a small dab of product. I like it far, far more than my Revlon Colorstay, which is too cool and gives me a flatter, matte finish - I will likely grit my teeth and hand over my credit card to purchase this foundation once my Colorstay runs out!

Pros:
Decent match for my undertones (yellow-olive)
Fluid, thin texture that's very easy to apply
Medium, buildable coverage
Decent staying power on my oily skin
Didn't irritate my sensitive skin, and I used this a few days post-peel

Cons:
Makes me extremely shiny, especially in my t-zone
Texture is slightly sticky and doesn't play well with my oilier areas

on 10/11/2017 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Unforunately I wasn't a fan of this foundation, I could feel is sitting on top of my skin, the coverage was ok but not great and it didn't last very long either. I also don't like the fact that it has fragrance.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This has a nice consistency and goes on the skin smoothly - almost like second skin except that it slightly clings to dry patches. But my biggest beef with this is that throughout the day, it becomes powdery and cakey on me, which is a big no-no. I really like the smell, though. And it didn't break me out when most products do.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Ok. Most over rated foundation ever. I dont get how people like this - it breaks on my skin like no other foundation I have ever used. Maybe it needs a ton of skin prep - which i have no time for. For the price, I dont believe this delivers any value - except the fact that it looks amazing in pictures. Maybe it has some good light reflecting properties - but when u see it face to face, its a weird cakey look. What a disappointment !

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this all week and its one of few foundations that still look really nice at the end of the day on my skin! I am shade NC15 to NC20 for reference and use shade 3 in the luminous silk foundation. I think this foundation is very similar to the TF born this way foundation but it is more luminous and sheer and very build-able which I love. The only downside of this foundation is the price. Here in Australia this foundation is $99! luckily I ordered it off Selfridges and its only $56. My new holey grail foundation.

I bough this after talking to a sales assistant who assured me Armani products are "recommended by dermatologists" and all use "superior' ingredients". This was music to my ears, having just suffered a 4 month period of allergy triggered eczema.

After doing a color match on me, she made up my entire face and at first, the finish was beautiful, I was impressed so bough this plus two other products (blusher and primer). By the time I got home however, my face was itchy, and by that night my ENTIRE face was red. After a careful reading of the ingredients list I was HORRIFIED to discover that Armani uses both limonene and linalool - these are cheap, well known irritants that are only added for the sake of fragrance. I was surprised that a premium brand such of this had resorted to such cheap and unnecessary ingredients. So much for "dermatologist recommended" and "superior" ingredients.... I think not!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

O my dam I love this foundation. I have dry skin and the finish of this product is so skin like and dewy. It doesn't settle into my pores at all.

The coverage of this foundation is light, but it has a blurring effect (to me). Concealer with this foundation is a must if you have dark spots, but I find that I use MUCH less makeup overall if I'm wearing this because the finish is just that good. I appy this with a brush because my beauty blender sheers it out so much and gives it unnecessary extra moisture, if that makes sense.

My only two gripes are the price ($64 USD for a little more than an ounce!) and the color selection. All of the shades lean pink/cool toned. Once you pass the beige/taupe/bisque category, there are HUGE jumps in shades from 9-13. 9 is like an NC40 while the next shade 10 is like NC45. I had to mix this with a yellower foundation i had to make it work, but I don't want to do that at this price point.

Overall, this product wears so beautifully but I can't stick with it because the color selection is too pink for my yellow undertones. Shame. :(