Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

on 10/11/2017 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Unforunately I wasn't a fan of this foundation, I could feel is sitting on top of my skin, the coverage was ok but not great and it didn't last very long either. I also don't like the fact that it has fragrance.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This has a nice consistency and goes on the skin smoothly - almost like second skin except that it slightly clings to dry patches. But my biggest beef with this is that throughout the day, it becomes powdery and cakey on me, which is a big no-no. I really like the smell, though. And it didn't break me out when most products do.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Ok. Most over rated foundation ever. I dont get how people like this - it breaks on my skin like no other foundation I have ever used. Maybe it needs a ton of skin prep - which i have no time for. For the price, I dont believe this delivers any value - except the fact that it looks amazing in pictures. Maybe it has some good light reflecting properties - but when u see it face to face, its a weird cakey look. What a disappointment !

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this all week and its one of few foundations that still look really nice at the end of the day on my skin! I am shade NC15 to NC20 for reference and use shade 3 in the luminous silk foundation. I think this foundation is very similar to the TF born this way foundation but it is more luminous and sheer and very build-able which I love. The only downside of this foundation is the price. Here in Australia this foundation is $99! luckily I ordered it off Selfridges and its only $56. My new holey grail foundation.

I bough this after talking to a sales assistant who assured me Armani products are "recommended by dermatologists" and all use "superior' ingredients". This was music to my ears, having just suffered a 4 month period of allergy triggered eczema.

After doing a color match on me, she made up my entire face and at first, the finish was beautiful, I was impressed so bough this plus two other products (blusher and primer). By the time I got home however, my face was itchy, and by that night my ENTIRE face was red. After a careful reading of the ingredients list I was HORRIFIED to discover that Armani uses both limonene and linalool - these are cheap, well known irritants that are only added for the sake of fragrance. I was surprised that a premium brand such of this had resorted to such cheap and unnecessary ingredients. So much for "dermatologist recommended" and "superior" ingredients.... I think not!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

O my dam I love this foundation. I have dry skin and the finish of this product is so skin like and dewy. It doesn't settle into my pores at all.

The coverage of this foundation is light, but it has a blurring effect (to me). Concealer with this foundation is a must if you have dark spots, but I find that I use MUCH less makeup overall if I'm wearing this because the finish is just that good. I appy this with a brush because my beauty blender sheers it out so much and gives it unnecessary extra moisture, if that makes sense.

My only two gripes are the price ($64 USD for a little more than an ounce!) and the color selection. All of the shades lean pink/cool toned. Once you pass the beige/taupe/bisque category, there are HUGE jumps in shades from 9-13. 9 is like an NC40 while the next shade 10 is like NC45. I had to mix this with a yellower foundation i had to make it work, but I don't want to do that at this price point.

Overall, this product wears so beautifully but I can't stick with it because the color selection is too pink for my yellow undertones. Shame. :(

on 2/19/2017 6:07:00 AM

This foundation is the closest color match that I have ever found. I read that no. 6 is the best foundation for those of us with olive skin that can not find a color match, they were right. The problem is the alcohol, my eyes could not tolerate the life being sucked out of my skin. They were literally burning. I need something with hydration, glycerin or hyaluronic acid. I suppose if you have oily skin, this would work but even oily skin should be careful with the alcohol content.

on 2/17/2017 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Pros:
This foundation makes my skin look wonderful and I've had a few random compliments while wearing it. The packaging also feels very luxurious.

Cons:
I probably would have more compliments if I wore this more often, but anytime I wear it two days in a row, I break out. The consistency is a little weird to me too--it feels a little oily and thin when I apply it. Also, the lightest shade of this foundation is too dark--I make it work with other make up and always apply it down my neck and chest but I always feel like an oompa loompa when I first apply it.

on 12/12/2016 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is my favorite foundation (alongside MAC's face & body)!

I'm an nc30 and my shade in this foundation is 5.75!

EDIT: I just ran out of my first bottle and decided to repurchase but this time i decided to go for shade 6, and it evidently looks better on me than 5.75!

I don't think one is darker than another, the only difference is in the undertone -6 is more yellow/golden whereas 5.75 is more peachy!

on 11/20/2016 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I tried this foundation yesterday for a night out and its extremely full coverage. It held up throughout a night of dancing and drinking and still looked good when I got home. The only reason I wouldn't buy this again is because of the color range. The closest color I could find to match my skin tone was 7.5 (I'm NC40 in MAC) and it looked a little orange when I put it on. Also, I believe there is a gray tint to it. When I asked my daughter if the color matched me, she responded by telling me it looked gray. Then, when I saw the pictures from the night I wore this foundation, I understood what she was talking about. While everyone else's faces looked bright, mine had a dull, gray tint to it. For this reason, although this is a great foundation, I will not be buying it again unless they come out with a wider selection of colors.