Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'd like to begin with my main negative with this foundation: it broke me out. Initially, with the first application and wear, it was going outstandingly well and it looked so beautiful on my skin; in fact, I actually got compliments on how my skin looked which is shocking to me because my skin is probably the largest disaster to exist in this universe. It gave me medium-coverage, as claimed, and it had a satin finish which was so appealing to me. Unfortunately, some things are too good to be true and this broke my skin out in many pimples, mainly around my cheeks, chin and jawline; apparently Christmas came early, and this was not a 'gift' I wanted! However, the breakout did not happen initially, it occurred after consistent usage over the span of four days. So, I'm guessing the breakout is just due to my acne-prone skin disliking basically every brilliant product there is on the market.

Now, for the positives: it made my skin look like butter. That's all, and that's enough for me to become obsessed with a foundation; any product which can make my skin appear significantly smoother, healthier and glass-like is automatically a win-win.

on 5/17/2018 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

First off, this is not for oily skin. This would be perfect for normal to dry skin. I have oily skin BUT I use this foundation after I do a face mask that dries my skin out. It is soooo beautiful and makes my face look like I’m glowing! On my oily skin days though, it does not last at all, it will last about 3 to 4 hours then get super oily and break down. A primer definitely helps though! So all in all I would recommend it to normal-dry skin, it’s a great foundation and it doesnt look cakey. It’s expensive but worth it if you have the right skin type for it

on 3/10/2018 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

For years I have been watching youtube videos reviewing this foundation. I finally caved and bought it. I really wanted not to like it since it is pricey. But I love it! It blends so nice and looks great on my skin. I have dry skin in the winter and oily in the summer. I am a bit oily with this though but I still love it.

on 2/12/2018 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I can see why this is a popular choice for many - nice formula texture glides on easily, looks dewy has nice sheen not heavy at all medium coverage but as I have oily skin not ideal for those with oily skin. Best for normal or dry skin types.
I prefer Power Fabric over this. However it's a great option for everyday work wear as not heavy and buildable coverage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Absolutely love this foundation - perfect for people who love a lightweight, natural complexion.

I feel like it blends well and doesn't settle into my pours. Longevity is not so great but wears pretty nicely throughout my work day. Will definitely re-purchase. Currently have 3 different colours so I can mix my shades for when I fake tan.

on 12/10/2017 2:39:00 PM

I like it the mooost.

on 11/19/2017 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I went 10 years without buying liquid foundation. I have light cool toned skin, but not 001 cool toned. Foundations pull yellow very easily on my skin. Most foundation lines only formulate the palest cool tone as an actual pink based foundation, and beyond that just get progressively warmer/yellower. I don't care if yellow counteracts to "neutralize" my pink undertones - I want my face to match my neck, and my makeup to look like my natural skin. Luminous silk 4.75 is the first foundation I've ever found that matches my skin perfectly. It's light to medium buildable coverage, no scent, blends out well with a beauty blender. Very happy.

on 10/29/2017 2:46:00 PM

I recently purchased a sample of this foundation and finally tried it today. The texture was lovely and went on very smooth with a dewy finish. It is light but buildable coverage. I love how it made my skin look and it felt like I was wearing nothing at all. Around four hours in, unfortunately my eyelids started turning pink/red and my mouth started getting itchy. I have read that some people were having reactions to this and hoped that I wouldn't be the same. I am sad because this looks gorgeous on the skin but clearly there are some ingredients that are causing allergies in a wide variety of people. I won't be using it again.

on 10/26/2017 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I didn't want to like this. I've been using drugstore foundation for the last 3 years but received a sample of this to see if the hype was worth it. My primary issue is PIH/PIE and mild textural problems caused by cystic acne on my cheeks. I don't have many issues in my t-zone or neck, so I don't apply a full-face of foundation and conceal only where needed. The finish of this is like a second skin, and provided great coverage even with a small dab of product. I like it far, far more than my Revlon Colorstay, which is too cool and gives me a flatter, matte finish - I will likely grit my teeth and hand over my credit card to purchase this foundation once my Colorstay runs out!

Pros:
Decent match for my undertones (yellow-olive)
Fluid, thin texture that's very easy to apply
Medium, buildable coverage
Decent staying power on my oily skin
Didn't irritate my sensitive skin, and I used this a few days post-peel

Cons:
Makes me extremely shiny, especially in my t-zone
Texture is slightly sticky and doesn't play well with my oilier areas

on 10/11/2017 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Unforunately I wasn't a fan of this foundation, I could feel is sitting on top of my skin, the coverage was ok but not great and it didn't last very long either. I also don't like the fact that it has fragrance.