Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 36-43
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

on 10/24/2018 1:41:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

The only reason I gave it 4 star is because it's very expensive and hard to find in Indonesia. This is a hype foundation that everyone talked about and it lives up to its expectation:
- Great staying power (wore it for 8 hours straight with 2x ablution in between - and it still stays as if nothing happened)
- Hydrating (I have dry skin)
- Medium coverage that can be build to high coverage
- It does gives you that luminous silky skin (as it named) without over powering sheen or shimmer
I do find it a bit "too made up" to be worn as everyday foundation but it definitely is a star performer for those so called "special occasions".

on 8/5/2018 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

s a 45 + woman of color, I was delighted to find this foundation. I use No 13. The foundation is AMAZING. I love the texture. It is silky and very light but it is buildable. I actually apply it with my fingers and the amazing thing is that once I have rubbed it in a circular motion on my face, my fingers are barely stained! I also love the feel because I do not feel like I am wearing a mask. It really does feel like second skin. I absolutely love the flawless finish. This is for someone who wants to look flawless and natural. I have recently bought the Armani bronze finish powder which I apply lightly to the cheekbones and bridge of the nose for a natural glowing look. I must say that although it is pricey, I use a very small amount. I can finally say adieu to MAC NW50 and welcome to my Armani Luminous Silk Foundation 13. May you live forever!

on 1/24/2018 5:20:00 PM

I had been bought this foundation as it been recommended and read good reviews. I was so excited to try it. Initially I thought the color match was ok maybe a little to light I went for 4 light sand my mum thought it looked great although she hasn’t got great eyesight. When I looked in the mirror it stuck to every pore I seen pores I that I never even noticed before. It clung to dry patches and was patchy. Really disappointed my quest for my perfect foundation goes on.

on 10/19/2017 1:50:00 PM

Oh I'm going to add to what so many have already said. I too had such high hopes for this Foundation. The foundation does what it says which is that it Glides on smoothly, buildable coverage with a luminous glow. My complexion with this makeup looked absolutely stunning. I was just so amazed, even in the Sun! But that is where my love affair ended. Like others, I had a reaction. My face started itching at the end of the day to the point where I ran home to take the makeup off. With everyone else's reviews on breakouts and reactions to this Foundation, there was no way I was going to try it for another day as my skin just cleared up from a bad hormonal Breakout.

on 10/17/2017 2:13:00 PM

I had such high hopes for this foundation after reading/watching hundreds of reviews but... this was one of my biggest disappointments in makeup purchases in general. Leaving aside the fact that it's so pricey, I could never imagine my skin reacting to any makeup product the way it did with this foundation. Although I have fairly normal/combination skin, which is not sensitive to any makeup and doesn't break out, this foundation caused so much problems for my skin:( although it promises luminous skin look and supposedly works great on most skin types, it looked so dry in places, clinging to my skin, mostly forehead, looking patchy and uneven. I'm neutral undertone and I found 4.5 shade to be too yellow, in general hard to get the right shade for fair neutral skin tone. I would be happy with the coverage it gives as I never look for full coverage in foundation, however there's something in its formula that's absolutely not working on my skin. I started feeling really itchy almost immediately after applying it and by the end of the day, my face was covered in rash, which I never ever had from any other makeup product. I decided to give it another go after my skin completely cleared out, prepping as normally would with any other foundation and unfortunately got the same reaction. Oh well, going back to my holy grail Shiseido Synchro Skin Lasting Foundation.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

After putting off buying this, I finally did. It has cost me an arm and a leg but it is worth it. I love the finish that it gives me like a 2nd skin type. To my surprise this actually last pretty well on me considering I am combo skin. This is not heavy or cakey. That being said, I need to set this with powder not just in my T-zone but my whole face. I don't find that powdering it takes away the beautiful dew/glow that it gives me skin. This is one of those rare foundation that is best with a brush. It just gives more coverage for me. Way more coverage than a sponge per say. I dab/pat this on and not drag it for more coverage. Then I lightly go over with sponge just to even it out and get rid of streaky marks but nothing that bothers me.

My biggest issue with this foundation is the scent. It makes my face itchy by the afternoon but oddly enough it doesn't break me out. This is actually starting to be one of my go to. This is actually best set with a light dusting of pressed powder than a loose powder. I'm not really sure why but the finish is more airbrush and Luminous with a pressed powder.

The shade system is confusing to me. My shade is too dark which is 5.5 totally my fault should have bought 4.5 instead but summer is approaching so hopefully it will match. If not, I will happily buy a shade lighter. At the moment it's not bad, I just mix in 1 pump of my IT Cosmetics CC+ to lighten it and it plays really well together. This doesn't oxidise on me. To me this foundation is worth the hype. Not HG status (yet) and I will probably need to try it with other primer and powder. Currently plays nicely with KVD Blotting Powder and Charlotte Tilbury Pressed Powder. Not well with Laura Mercier (gets too heavy and cakey) or RCMA No colour powder because it's just get too dry and it takes away the nice glowy finish. Try to get a sample if you can. It's worth repurchasing for me. Actually a good surprise for me. I have been trying out a couple of hyped up and high end foundation lately and it's all a massive fail so this actually works for a change.

I don't understand the hype over this foundation. It makes my well-cared-for, moisturized, exfoliated skin look like the Sahara desert while simultaneously turning my normal-to-moderately-oily T-zone into an oil slick. Amazing.

It emphasizes every fine line, dry patch, and pore on my face. And I cannot, for the life of me, find a shade that matches me (and I am what I consider a fairly common fair/light Caucasion skin tone). It very much looks like makeup no matter how sheerly I have attempted to apply it...I have also tried it over multiple different primers with no significant change in performance. Not once, not twice, but THREE times I have given this a try and I have ended up returning the product to Sephora each time (thank goodness for their great return policy). I'm done with this. It's great that it works out as HG status for so many, but GA has somehow gone very far afield from what works for my skin.

on 11/11/2016 11:58:00 AM

I went to the makeup counter and the lady colour matched 4.25 to my skin colour and gave me a sample to try at home. I have just finished a Chanel foundation which is good but wanted to test the market. I love this foundation it gives medium coverage without been cakey and immediately my skin looked glowing with no imperfections, I didn't even need any powder. I really like this foundation and wont be trying out any others, Iam definitely going to purchase this foundation, although its pricey it is worth every penny to have my skin looking so good 👍🏻

on 9/18/2016 7:15:00 PM

Bought it due to the hype but i found it drying and a bit cakey on my dry skin even when applied with my sephora hd brush. I don't see much luminescence. Finish is too matte for my liking even though it's described as a "satin finish". I prefer Makeupforever HD and Face & Body. For every day wear I prefer Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. Thank goodness i bought the smaller bottle and I'll finish it since it was expensive. It actually accentuates flakes when I have them.

on 4/23/2016 7:18:00 PM

I picked up this product a couple weeks ago and haven't been able to put it down ever since! Once you buy luminous silk you will never go back, i love the way it makes my skin look like my skin but better instead of a cakey affect.. so light and natural and leaves a lovely dewy look. not to ott just how it should be.. Packaging is very sleek and looks very luxe! Its on the pricey side but is worth every penny in my opinion, i have found my Holy Grail foundation! Also this foundation makes my skin look so perfect and just blurs out my imperfections and redness.. Provides good coverage but i do find i need to blend in some concealer to hide Red blemishes but apart from that it makes my skin look almost flawless im so happy i brought it.

So if your considering buying please do!! wont be dissapointed! :)