Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Normal age: 36-43
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

4.2

This is great foundation. Looks very good on my combination and during winter my skin can get a bit dry in T-zone. It has a solid wear of about 6 hours with primer and fixed with powder. I tried a couple of primers Guerlain D'or, Hourglass Veil and smash box photo finish and they all worked well with this foundation and I did not find that either had a increased wear vs the other. During the summer I did need to touch-up with powder after 4 hours of wear which is ok and expected for my type of skin. The only downside with this foundation I thought to be the shade range as it was very hard to find a right shade for my skin (NW 25 in MAC). I ended up buying 4.5 in luminous silk but I would need it to be a tiny bit more warm and darker for a perfect match. The 4.75 was much more cooler and the 5, 5.25 were lighter. Shades 5.5, 5.75 were dark and a too cool. A word of advise the shades in the giorgio armani line vary in their different foundation lines so the 4.5 in luminous silk is different from 4.5 in maestro so beware. The shade range are just weird for luminous silk, I ended up mixing my 4.5 with with a little bit of 2W1 Double Wear from estee lauder for a perfect match as I already had this other foundation which is too warm for my skin so they worked perfectly and they mixed well as I thought it would be just too expensive to buy another shade of the luminous silk (I would've bought the 6) for mixing and achieving a perfect match. During the peak of winter, I wore 4.5 by itself with some light contouring to provide some warmth to the shade in my face.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Great finish on this foundation.

. It makes my dry skin appear dewy & fresh. The color match is great (I'm a Stila B & it's #2) & the scent is faint. I don't like the pump-you can't control the amount that comes out. And it is expensive.

Will most likely repurchase.

on 1/20/2016 6:23:00 PM

After reading the reviews and seeing how pricey this foundation is, I was expecting better result than I received. It goes on evenly and blends well but so do a number of drugstore foundations, I just didn't understand the hype, it was average at best, certainly didn't see a "glow", meh. I will go back to my Clinique foundation.

I've used many many foundations from drug store to high end, and I like the dewy look that doesn't look thick and cakey
This foundation is magic.
It goes on light but is very Easy to build up to a more fully coverage!
It hydrates the skin. Makes pores look smaller. And stays put all day.
Without the mask look!
It truly looks like skin!
Also applies like a dream. The price is steep. But you do get what you pay for.
I do like to try other brands, as I'm a make up junkie. But non of them live up to this one.
Love this foundation!

I *really* like this. Not being stingy with my lipsticks, but I'm saving five for that one foundation that is 100% perfect!! (And I don't know if that even exists!!) This almost is... The colour match is great, it looks lovely on my skin and the staying power is OK. I think if you needed some heavier coverage this wouldn't be for you, but if you're after a more light to medium coverage it works well. I usually just use it on its own, applied with my Zoeva 104 buffing brush, but on a particularly good skin day, I did sheer it out a little with a spray of Mac Fix+ on my brush before application. I like it a lot - and for now it's my go-to foundation; I'll definitely re-purchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I had essentially sworn off foundation for years and years until I went to have a wedding makeup trial and the makeup artist used this product. I purchased it immediately and though the price pinched initially, I in no way regret purchasing it and would happily do so again. I realize I am in part paying for the "designer" name, but this foundation is worth it to me. It is a perfect match for my skin (I use shade 3) and provides coverage that, honestly, I didn't know was possible for me.

I have combination skin and this product strikes a good balance for me. It stays on all day and doesn't seem to transfer very much at all. I don't usually need to set it with powder until much later in the day/early evening, if I need more staying power or a touch-up. I use a flat-top brush to apply and blend this into my skin and go over it with my fingers if need be. I find it very easy to blend and two pumps gives me plenty of coverage. I've received several compliments on my makeup since I began wearing this - no one seems to think i look more made-up, just brighter and more put-together.

For reference, I've tried everything from That Gal! primer alone, Physicians Formula mineral foundation, UD Naked Beauty Balm and L'Oreal BB cream to MAC and NARS powder foundations and this is the first thing I've found that doesn't seriously bum me out in some way. I liked the L'Oreal BB for general, light coverage but this is far and away a better fit for me.

This foundation is so incredibly amazing that I call it "liquid skin." I was very sceptical before trying it because of my sensitive, dry skin (it contains alcohol), but after one week of use I knew this was the one. It absolutely melts into my skin, minimizing the appearance of pores and evening out my skin close to perfection. It feels like I'm wearing nothing, like I was born with flawless, porcelain skin. Shade #2 is a perfect match for my PPP skin. I like to mix it with Fluid Sheer #2 (champagne) for a more glowy finish.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I spent countless hours trying to figure out what the numbering convention means for the shades. I am an NW25 (BR20 Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, 125 MUFE) and ordered a 5.5 from Nordstrom. It was slightly too dark and too orange. I did a live chat on Nordstrom's website and asked if a 5.25 would be a better match. They said a 5.25 is for yellow-toned skin. WRONG! Karlasugar's swatch of 5.25 looked more pink-toned, so I ordered it anyways. It is the perfect color for NW25, light to medium, pink to neutral-skin! I couldn't even tell what was my skin and what was my foundation during application. It is the best foundation I have ever used - very pigmented, light to medium coverage and luminous. Although the price is steep, it's worth it!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am NW20 and I was matched to LSF ($59) in 4.5. Coverage is medium, and appears polished, professional, and obviously made-up. I prefer something more sheer.

on 2/11/2010 4:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

love the finish of this foundation, the face looks perfect, luminous but no shiny, good coverage (medium?), natural look.

Only two cons:
- the price, 47 euros
- I dont find the color match to my skin tone. The 5 it's a bit ligther and pinkish, and 5.5 it's a bit darker and too yellow.

Some reviews says that they mix 4.5 with 6, but I don't want to have to buy two foundatons (almost 100 euros!).

Good product, but poor range of color.

For reference, I'm NC25-NW20, shiseido I20, BB 3-beige