Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

on 8/5/2017 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Amazing! I have normal skin that sometimes is more on the dry side, I tend to get bunches of bright red spots from time to time that don't get covered well while the rest of my skin looks great. I love the dewy look, so usually everything looks flawless except this little bumpy area where red shines through slightly.
Not with this foundation! It makes me look so airbrushed. I'd say their shades are pretty accurate, I got mine right at the first try. It looks so flawless and luminous, I combine it with mac's studio finish concealer (cream in a jar) and mac strobe cream underneath. airbrushed, dewy, flawless combination!

The packaging is okay, it's nothing special but appropriate for the price point. The amount you get is normal.

Pros:
- really flawless, dewy finish
- beautiful shades
- covers well
- feels really lightweight, lasts fine

Cons:
- obvi, price.
- packaging is not special
- with a beautyblender I need multiple pumps to cover my face, definitely not "little goes a long way." (I need less with a harder sponge or brush.)

on 7/7/2017 5:45:00 PM

Lovely foundation, beautiful medium coverage and finish. Lasts all day and leaves a silky natural finish. Friends complimented my skin and it covered, smoothed and evened my skin perfectly. I got this as a sample while looking for new foundations. Was put off as the Armani representative lady was so rude! I guess I would have loved this foundation more if I had a positive experience with the Armani representative but oh well. 7/10 recommend

I have a long history with this product. First time i bought the shade was way too dark for me. I had to mix it in with other foundations.I liked it anyway. Now that i have the right shade (5) i fell in love. It looks gorgeous. Blends with the skin, creating naturall slightly powdery finish. The key is finding your shade. I also love how it wears. When set with powder, it lasts about 8 houra. As hours go by it blends into the skin even better. It makes me look like I'm wearing nothing at all while hiding all the imperfections.

natural finish
light
last well after setting
price
scented

on 3/4/2017 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I don't know how I feel about this. From the name I thought I was going to have a glow but this seems pretty matte but not to the point where it looks dry. It is fairly funny and does set in nicely into the skin with a beauty blender. It is not hydrating but not drying. This does need a primer underneath or it tends to look caked near areas with pores. It lasts pretty well even without setting powder but I don't think this is worth the price. It also has a lovely fragrance that isn't overwhelming and makes it smell like an expensive product. I would have given this five stars out of ten if it weren't for the price.

I hated this so much.Its such a strange consistency, watery and greasy at the same time!I found that it looked streaky whether I applied it with a brush,sponge or fingers and set in a really uneven way.I prefer a light to medium coverage and found myself having to use 4 or 5 pumps to cover my face.I gave it to a friend who also hated it.Really disappointed, it was so hyped and SO expensive.Extra disappointing because I really liked Maestro.Absolutely terrible.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This is the first foundation that I have used that actually makes my skin look like skin. It photographs beautifully and just enhances your skin rather than make it look like you're wearing a mask.

I have dry skin with hyperpigmentation and this foundation makes my skin look dewy and not greasy. I can't give it a 5 start rating because some of my hyperpigmentation peaks through even after colour correcting and two coats of foundation.

Even though I have to use two different colours of this foundation to get my exact match, I still find it worth it to use this foundation. For shade reference, I am closest to NC42 at MAC, although MAC tends to run a bit yellow/orange on me. For luminous silk, I use 2 pumps 7.5 and a partial pump of 9 and it's an EXACT match for my skin colour. Lots of trial and error to get the perfect match to my neutral golden undertone.

I apply this on top of the Becca backlight primer and use a very damp Beauty Blender to apply. I set it with the Chanel loose powder in Gold (shade 3).

on 2/4/2017 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Finally caved in and bought this, thank goodness I did... I love it so much! The only downside is that it's not really luminous, it dries almost matte? When swatched it's super dewy and luminous and just breath taking but the only disappointment is how matte it dries :( it seriously looks like your skin but even better my favorite foundation by far!!

on 12/10/2016 7:04:00 PM

Being a Rimmel 24 hour stay foundation girl, I thought I'd splash out on an expensive foundation for my birthday!

I must admit, I'd always leaned towards a thicker foundation in the vain hopes it would stay on longer and give my blotchy skin an even finish. So using Armani Luminous Silk was a big leap for me (and my bank balance).

I was matched by the kindly gentleman on the Armani counter as a 5 (and a 5.5 once I've fake tanned). The shades match perfectly as I'm naturally pale with pinkish undertones.

The foundation itself smells beautiful and does feel silky because it has the consistency of a lotion rather than a cream. It's so easy to apply and a little goes a long way, which I feel is a nice new grown up mantra for me - rather than "slap it on, the more the better"!

The coverage, for me, is excellent but can be quite sheer around problem areas, like around my nose, and the classic "I have a 1 year old" eye bags but it's buildable. I feel it gives me a glow, but by no means does it give me a "dewy" look, I just feel a little more enhanced (for want of a better phrase) when I wear it.

It's a beautiful light foundation which doesn't give you that cakey feeling once you've applied. In other foundations I've used, I've found I could feel the residue on my hands if I touched my face. Or residue on my phone (!!) I work in an office and spend large parts of my day on the phone, it's nice to see, while using Armani that I haven't left half my face on the phone receiver. It also definitely lasts longer than previous foundations I've worn, as my dear fiancée has commented that I'm still wearing make up once I've finished a day at work!

My only issue with this foundation (after bottle number 3 and having the same problem with all) is that the pump gives up too quickly! So you find yourself thinking you're running out while you've still got over half the bottle left. That aside though, I'd definitely recommend purchasing this product!!

This is great foundation. Looks very good on my combination and during winter my skin can get a bit dry in T-zone. It has a solid wear of about 6 hours with primer and fixed with powder. I tried a couple of primers Guerlain D'or, Hourglass Veil and smash box photo finish and they all worked well with this foundation and I did not find that either had a increased wear vs the other. During the summer I did need to touch-up with powder after 4 hours of wear which is ok and expected for my type of skin. The only downside with this foundation I thought to be the shade range as it was very hard to find a right shade for my skin (NW 25 in MAC). I ended up buying 4.5 in luminous silk but I would need it to be a tiny bit more warm and darker for a perfect match. The 4.75 was much more cooler and the 5, 5.25 were lighter. Shades 5.5, 5.75 were dark and a too cool. A word of advise the shades in the giorgio armani line vary in their different foundation lines so the 4.5 in luminous silk is different from 4.5 in maestro so beware. The shade range are just weird for luminous silk, I ended up mixing my 4.5 with with a little bit of 2W1 Double Wear from estee lauder for a perfect match as I already had this other foundation which is too warm for my skin so they worked perfectly and they mixed well as I thought it would be just too expensive to buy another shade of the luminous silk (I would've bought the 6) for mixing and achieving a perfect match. During the peak of winter, I wore 4.5 by itself with some light contouring to provide some warmth to the shade in my face.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really do not understand the hype surrounding this product, it is ok at best. It barely offers any coverage at all, it is sooooo light. Even when I tried building it up I could still see my skin underneath. I felt like I had nothing on. I understand that some people like the natural look which is fine, to each their own but If I'm shelling out $64 plus tax I expect more from the product. I'm not stingy at all with money when it comes to a quality product either but 64 is pricey for a foundation that really should be sold as a tinted moisturizer. Overall, It's not terrible but I would not recommend if you are looking for flawless coverage.