Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Dry age: 36-43
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

4.4

on 5/15/2017 9:44:00 PM

This foundation is wonderful. I have tried every foundation you can think of...Chanel, Estee Lauder, MAC, Dior, Urban Decay, Benefit, Hourglass..well you get the idea! :) This foundation does not look cakey, there a wide range of colors to choose from, and looks great in photographs. If you have dry skin, I highly suggest this foundation. Thank you.

on 6/24/2016 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Love! Love! Love! This foundation is amazing. No SPF which means it will photographed well under any kind of light and even with flash photography! Skin looks luminous and not flat matte! Your skin looks healthy and beautiful with glow... Medium coverage and holds well on my skin. Highly recommended!!!

on 6/13/2016 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

EDIT on 11/19/16: I repurchased this during the VIB sale. I got the shade 5.75 for my NC25-30 skin. It's described a medium with warm undertones. It definitely has a peachy undertone but for reason works for me and my fake tan. It makes my skin look pretty, yet still look like skin. So it's not going to be full coverage and make you look absolutely flawless, but I can see this as a good every day foundation. I find it best to apply with fingers to get more coverage.

Don't understand the hype. I bought it in the shade 4 (light with golden undertones and perfect for a NC20). Yes it's a nice foundation but for $62 I was expecting miracles. It's definitely a sheer finish. Yet the fact that it said "buildable" coverage I figured it could cover dark spots. Nope! The good things about it is that it leaves a satiny finish to the skin and it still looks like real skin, not mask like. Also it lasted through the humid Florida summer day. I ended up returning it because I can find drugstore foundations that do the same thing. Just couldn't justify spending that much money on an "average" foundation.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Extremely impressed with this foundation. I have normal to dry skin with some redness around my nose. This foundation wears all day and gives my skin a warm radiant glow. I wear it alone and without powder.

Very happy with it so far. I also have best results with applying with a foundation brush.

on 5/4/2016 1:41:00 AM

Let me start by saying I have tried many many foundations over the years. I had heard so many great things about this foundation that I had to try it. I am so glad I did, this stuff is liquid gold and unfortunately the price reflects that.

This foundation leaves a beautiful finish on the skin and dries to a demi matte finish. It's neither dewy or completely matte. In my opinion it makes your skin look younger because it doesn't settle into fine lines and looks so fresh. I have worn full coverage foundations for many years but lately I felt like my skin was looking dry and the foundation was emphasising my fine lines.

I would call this a medium coverage but certainly buildable without looking cakey or mask like. I set this with It Cosmetics Bye Bye pores loose powder and this takes it next level. It looks so smooth and luminous and lately my skin has been a bit prone to redness and breakouts but this covered it no problem at all. I will be purchasing this again in the future and wish I had tried it years ago.

on 3/17/2016 2:00:00 AM

Not moisturizing for someone who has dryer, thinner skin. I also think it settles in fine lines, even with a primer. I'm on the hunt for a foundation that feels like Ellie Faas foundation but without the price tag.

on 12/20/2015 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am really satisfied with this foundation. As the name already says, it has a luminious fininish which is a must for a mature and dry skin. Lovely...

on 11/28/2015 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Recently repurchased my second bottle. I used to use LM mineral foundation, cakey and no, no, no. The GALS bottles last a VERY long time using 1-2 pumps per application. I have normal to dry skin with a slightly oily t-zone, with red-pink undertones, and GALS 4.5 shade matches and evens my skin tone out beautifully. I do not use for full coverage, and some blemishes do show through a little, but I don't mind that. I use a small bit of concealer to cover up blemishes. I apply the foundation with my fingers or the GA blender brush, directly over my moisturizer. The GA blender brush does do something different for the application, but I'm not convinced it's better than using clean fingers. The foundation lasts all day even when I'm running around in the hospital, and it looks natural and beautiful. I bought the GALS compact pressed powder for touch-ups, but I rarely need to touch up! Sometimes I mix the foundation with GA fluid sheer for a 'dewy' look, and use other fluid sheers for liquid blush. Love love love. Huge shout-out to the sales manager at the GA counter at Bloomingdales on 59th st in NYC for his excellent, amazing teaching on how to apply.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i had heard so much hype on this product i was very excited to try it. i had my color matched for me at the armani counter. the color right away seemed a tad orange for me but it was the best match they had. kind of disappointing for the price but my biggest problem is that is so drying on my skin. i do have very dry skin, and have to be very picky about my concealers. (I've been loving make up forever full cover concealer) so, back to their foundation: as soon as i apply it it starts to settle into tiny little flakes and pores that were invisible before i applied it. sort of the opposite of what it's supposed to do, right? i expect more from armani products. i see other reviewers had the same experience. and still others adore this. my take: if you have dry skin, mature skin, or large pores, skip this one.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is the best foundation I have found so far, and I have used many high end ones, such as Chanel, Dior, Bobbi Brown, etc. It's not my HG one, because the color does not quite match my skin. No. 4 is too light and 3.5 is slightly orange. I must admit I did not play with the other colors, as the SAs seem to keen to 'help' and don't let you get on with it.
The texture is amazing, light yet it covers my brown spots better than any foundation I have ever tried. It is so easy to blend, it just melts into the skin.
I received a sample, but I am sure I will buy it despite the price, a little goes a long way because it is highly pigmented.
I would not recommend it for oily or combination skins because it is indeed luminous. I found that it lasted a long time, at least 5-6 hours, but then my skin is slightly dry.