Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

on 6/30/2017 7:39:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm on my second bottle and will buy a 3rd! I love the full coverage and radiant finish of this foundation. The shade 4.25 matches my skin perfectly. Very blendable. My skin is dry and acne prone and Luminous Silk doesn't cause breakout or drying. Liquid gold!

on 5/25/2017 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am a NC20 in MAC and I wear 4 in Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk. My other matches are NARS Deauville, Bourjois 52 Vanille, Too Faced Born This Way Vanilla, and MUFE Ultra HD Y245. 3.5 is a good match in the summer for when I'm darker, or around NC25.

The packaging on this foundation is lovely and screams elegance and high class. It features a substantial cap with a heavy frosted bottle. The pump distributes the perfect amount of product and never gets messy.

Honestly, this is not a bad foundation but I find it to be extremely dupeable and nothing special. This foundation is very similar to L'Oreal's Dream Lumi, which is not so surprising since both brands are owned by L'Oreal. I find that both of those foundations look and wear the exact same on the skin. This was my go-to foundation in my senior year of high school and first year of university. It provides a flawless satin finish that is slightly dewy, but it does not scream shiny at all; it gives me about medium coverage that is buildable. When first applied, it looks very natural and polished. Setting it with a powder is a must.

This foundation is gorgeous, but the way it breaks down is unflattering. Around the 6 hour mark, visible signs of the foundation wearing off begins to show, breaking down in patches all over my face and pooling around my nostrils. When it starts to break down, it really starts to show skin imperfections such as bumps, pores and dry flakes.

Overall it's okay, not terrible but not excellent either. There is a drugstore dupe of this available already and there are better foundations at this price point. If you're looking for similar foundations, I would recommend Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum for all skin types, Guerlain Lingerie de Peau for normal to combo/dry, and Too Faced Born This Way for dry skin.

on 5/15/2017 9:44:00 PM

This foundation is wonderful. I have tried every foundation you can think of...Chanel, Estee Lauder, MAC, Dior, Urban Decay, Benefit, Hourglass..well you get the idea! :) This foundation does not look cakey, there a wide range of colors to choose from, and looks great in photographs. If you have dry skin, I highly suggest this foundation. Thank you.

on 4/23/2017 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Luminous Silk is literally a do-it-all foundation for me: throw a little on in a hurry and you’ll have a natural-looking, slightly glowy base, or build up the coverage for an evening out and it’ll look amazing in photos. It’s one of the foundations I tend to take with me when I go away because I know it’ll cooperate with my skin no matter what condition it’s in.

I'd say it has medium coverage but can be built up to almost full and sets to a natural looking finish. I often hear people describing this foundation as ‘matte’ but I have to say I disagree; there is a definite radiance to it. The day I wore this again for the first time in a little while, my dad asked me if I’d gotten a new foundation because my 'face was glowing’ - when even your dad notices how good your skin is looking, you know the foundation is a keeper! Luminous Silk feels relatively hydrating on my skin and doesn’t accentuate dry patches. It also dries/sets quite fast so be sure to blend quickly and not apply too much at a time.

I would probably recommend this foundation for drier/more normal skin types as the longevity is adequate, but not superb. I have no qualms wearing it on a night out but will always wear a primer underneath and set it with powder to increase lasting power. I actually often mix it with NARS Sheer Glow to increase coverage and longevity for events. It’s not really the best choice for super hot/humid conditions as it can get shiny, but works fine in milder weather, so I would probably shy away from it if you have an oilier skin type. I'm somewhere between an NC 20-25 and wear 4 when I’m at my natural skin tone and 6 works perfectly when I’m tanned.

on 3/20/2017 8:52:00 AM

I really wanted it to work for me after reading so many good reviews and watching videos. But unfortunately it didn't meet my expectations.
My skin is dry and sensitive but I don't have obvious acne or scar problems. All I wanted to achieve was a really "luminious and silky" look. My skin ended up looking quite matte ! Not luminious at all. And although the coverege is medium, my skin didn't look like healthy and flawless.
Lancome teint miracle was the foundation I been using till then, I liked it but I wanted a bit more coverage that's why I tried armani. Teint miracle never irritates my sensitive skin and although armani is noncomodogenic as well, it caused some itchiness on forehead(due to my dryness maybe) but I made sure to apply a base of lots of moisturiser and primer ( which I got from Armani as well ). Nars all day luminious was also not very luminious but at least looked healthier on me. Maybe that word luminious means something different than I think.
Over all, I could't get that glowy healthy finish.
I tried this foundation for like 1-2 weeks and maybe in summer days when skin is already good, I can make use of the bottle I bought. But for now, I am considering to go back to Lancome teint miracle or try Bobbi brown intensive skin serum foundation which is said to be nice.

on 3/19/2017 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'd resisted buying this Foundation because of the price, although it kept coming up as something special. I have an Armani lipstick that I love so when I finished my Chanel les Beiges I decided to give it a try. LOVE.
The coverage is sheer and build- able - like my skin but better. It's got a dewy finish and I hate to dull it by setting it with powder but sometimes still do. In general I like the fresh glow so I don't.
One pump delivers super sheer coverage, two light and three medium. If you're looking for more, this isn't the product or formula you're looking for.

I'm a finger blender but I've also applied this with a brush and it's great either way. (I'm not a beauty blender or sponge person.)

The other plus was that I exactly matched with shade 4.25. This rarely happens. Nars is always too yellow, and Chanel can be too (they change formula so often I never buy the same thing 2x) and my best bet is usually YSL or Estee.

Would totally splurge on this again. I'm in love.

on 3/10/2017 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have dry, acne prone skin with some hyperpigmentation. I've been using this for the last 2 years.

PROS:
- really amazing for dry skin. I've never had a problem with flaking or my skin feeling too tight or cakey. Even on those days where I was too lazy to prep my face correctly, this foundation was really reliable.

- when I don't have an active breakout, one pump is enough to cover dark spots as long as I used a brush instead of a beauty blender. I got the best result when I used my finger to lightly spread it over my face, left it to sit for a minute while I did my eyeliner, and then blended it in with the brush.
- Really natural finish. It looks like you don't have anything on at all. But still still really good for nights out and heavy makeup looks.

CONS:
- Not ideal for when you have a breakout. Does not cover redness well so you need 2 pumps. And the soft dewy finish was detrimental because it made light reflect off the bumps.

- The price....very high. I would repurchase this in a second if it was in the 50 dollar range but there are so many good foundations in the world. I'll look around some before I come back to this one.

I would definitely repurchase this to use at special occasions, but I'm not sure if it's worth it as an everyday foundation.

on 1/20/2017 8:49:00 PM

Holy Grail and im very hard to please. This is a beautiful foundation, my only regret is not finding it sooner.

Its a medium coverage but can be built up to full or sheared out. It glides on like a dream, it has lots of playtime so it doesnt dry too quickly, its so easy to blend, doesn't sit in pores or fine lines, I can put it under my eyes and dont have to worry about creasing, it covers all my redness as I get dry rosacea on my cheeks, it doesn't cling to dry patches or look cakey. Its luminous but slightly matt at the same time if that makes sense. Its also very neutral toned.

I usually wear Double wear foundation and I do really love it but I find that it clings to my dry skin if I dont prime extremly well and even then it can look cakey and sometimes it settles into lines and can show up dry patches so ive been on the hunt for something similar but more suited to my skin type and Luminous silk is definitely it. I have a feeling it might not suit very oily skin types so id say get a sample if youre unsure, it seems like its more suited to normal/dry skin.

Its expensive but worth it in my opinion and anyway its only 5 euro more than Double wear so I dont feel im spending much more than I usually would anyway.

Edit to add, I took a bad reaction to a new cleanser recently, I rarely get spots but this new cleanser left me with a rash on my forehead, painful cystic spots on my temples and chin and little red spots every where else, it also left my skin very dry, Luminous Silk was a god send for me, it covered all my redness and evened my skin tone with two pumps without causing any further irritation. I love this foundation!!

on 1/17/2017 4:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My HG foundation. I have normal/dry skin, and this compliments my skintype and tone so well. I'm NC20 (but a bit more olive-toned than super yellow), and I use 4.0 in LS, which is a really good match.
The finish is not dewy as the name might lead you to believe, but its more of a satin-y finish which I prefer for most days. If I want a more dewy and glowy finish I mix it with MAC strobe cream and have no issues with it.
It last for about 9-10 hours on my skin, and it photographs beautifully! So this is a good foundation for a long evening event where you need to look flawless.
The coverage is medium, an can be build up to almost full coverage. I wouldn't recommend doing that though, it just doesn't look as good as it can.
I use a beauty blender with great results or a flat top kabuki brush for at bit more coverage. I don't think it applies well with fingers, but I guess thats a personal preference.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Before, I've always gravitated towards fuller coverage foundations. However, recently, something clicked in me and now I've been craving sheer finishes in all my makeup products. Maybe it's the obnoxious minimalist Glossier/Milk aesthetic unexpectedly rubbing off on me. (I still think they're gimmicky, all-style-no-substance brands, though.) Nevertheless, the search for my HG light coverage foundation ends here.

Luminous Silk is sheer yet highly pigmented, if that makes sense. It imparts its color on the face yet at the same time doesn't fully cover dark spots, acne scars, facial redness, etc. I really dig that aspect, though: seeing your skin's natural imperfections just faintly showing underneath the layer of foundation gives a very healthy-looking glow overall. And besides, for the really bad areas, you can always add concealer. The finish is exactly as advertised: radiant and silky. It applies like a silky smooth dream, not clinging to any dry patches (assuming you've properly exfoliated and moisturized) and never accentuating fine lines. I have rather prominent smile lines, which I've had countless foundations sink straight into, and thankfully, this one doesn't have that issue. This foundation lasts all day, and despite the luminous finish, I didn't experience it getting unbearably oily throughout the day. Granted, I have dry skin, but I bet this would still fare wonderfully on even oily-skinned people, with powder.

As amazing as this foundation is, there is still the elephant in the room: the exorbitant price. $64 for 1 oz. is way up there. Personally, I do believe that foundation is one of the few makeup items that you should splurge on if you find the perfect one, because from my experience, price does correlate with quality here. And the difference between an okay foundation and a great one is like night and day.