Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

on 7/23/2018 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

If it’s any testament to how much I love this foundation, I’ve repurchased 5x. I wear 5.75 and am about nc25-30. This is my hg foundation. It gives me the most velvety skin like texture while making my skin glow and providing medium coverage. I apply with my fingers then go back in with a damp BB to blend. I use nars soft matte concealer with this and the end result is flawless natural looking skin. I have dry skin and this doesn’t emphasize flakiness. It’s important to use setting powder as it does transfer. I find it works best without a primer. It just melts into my skin and makes my less than perfect acne scarred skin look flawless. I will add that I only use this when I don’t have a lot of texture to my skin (i.e. cystic acne) as I find it emphasizes that. But when my skin is in good condition this is my absolute favorite foundation.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this foundation is overrated.

for my normal to dry skin this foundation works as a mixing foundation, nothing more. emphasize my dryness, sinking in to my fine lines. not luminous enough nearly satin to matte finish.i love more dewy at least satin finish foundations.after 1 hour this foundation looks horrible on my skin, around my t-zone it emphasize every dry patch. only good and the reason i gave 3 star is staying power. packaging is great, pump is controlable. but overall can't justify the price and results.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

So let me tell you, I have tried all kinds of foundations, im a "foundation Junkie".
This was actually one of my first high end foundations and I bought it around 4,5 years ago.
I am mixed so my undertone is olive/yellow-ish. And i found that this foundtion really carters amazingly to my undertone.

I love the satin, luminous like finish and the fact that you can build it. It doesn't cake my face or even show my texture to much.
i always would go back to this foundation so that I decided to stick with it.

For me it lasts quite long I have dry to combination skin and prep with moistruizer.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really don't understand all the hype over this foundation. It has very little pigmentation and I didn't find it to be very buildable to increase the coverage. I'll stick with my Nars Sheer Glow, thanks.

on 4/14/2018 7:17:00 AM

Bought this to see what the hype is and it was at one point my go to foundation. I used the shade 6.5 which was a tanned colour a good match for when I was wearing fake tan. It made my skin look amazing. however the more I wore it the more I got bored of it. It still has a matte finish in my opinion and does show texture. The price £36 is ridiculous reason why I wouldn’t buy again. I’ve just finished the bottle and tried to scrape out left over product and the applicator snapped think for the price you pay it should be better quality packaging.

on 4/8/2018 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I’ve had this foundation now for a couple of months now. I expected this foundation to be luminous and dewy...it definitely isn’t that on me. My skin is dry to normal, however I have tried different primers with this and I still find it drying. I really wanted to love this product but I think it’s just overly hyped. It has a light to medium coverage. Goes on smoothly and no spf in the foundation so great for photography. For shade reference: My shade in this is 7.5 for anything thinking about purchasing... Estée Lauder Double Wear, 4W1 Honey Bronze Estée Lauder Double Wear Light, 4.0 Lancôme Teint Idole 24 Hours - 050

Beautiful foundation. It has a satin finish and the coverage is medium. You can build it up a bit. I apply it with a damp beauty sponge and set with a bit of MAC mineralize skin finish natural. I have dry skin with a moderate but stubborn en acne and it does not cover it all, but it does not accentuate the bumps under the skin either. Im something around NC20, quote pale and yellowish/greenish (damn that doesn’t sound good, ha) and the shade 4.0 matched me like a dream! Ist quite expensive though. That’s why had to deduct one star.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've tried countless foundations, ranging from dirt cheap to more expensive than this (crazy, I know), but I can really never find anything that comes close to this one. The finish it gives me is just incredible— photoshopped- looking, but also not too makeup-y. Truly a paradox. Moreover, I have dry skin and this stuff never accentuates dry patches, it also isn't like traditionally dewy and hydrating foundations that provide the moisture by making the formula emollient and greasy, leading to the foundation slipping and sliding on my face and transferring to everything I touch. Granted, this foundation isn't very long wearing even on my dry skin, but when it fades, it fades evenly and in a way that never makes me feel anxious to look in a mirror worried at what I might see. The only thing I would like to see improved is the shade range. I'd love to see a light olive color, similar to shade 6 but for an NC 20-25. I currently have to mix 6 and 3 (a light yellow- toned shade) to get my perfect match. Oh, and the price could be more reasonable too of course!

on 2/8/2018 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I got this on sale when GA was having 20% off during Christmas, it's not a horrible foundation but i'm surprised that so many recommend this for dry, mature (of which i have both) skin. I got the color in 4.5, which is described as "light, neutral" but it definitely leaned warm on me (i'm around NC15, but have mostly neutral undertones). It does have a satin finish, and is lightweight with medium coverage. The heavy glass bottle looks and feels luxurious for sure. Unfortunately, right away it emphasized and accentuated every pore on my face (mostly the area where my nose and cheeks meet), as well as fine lines and dry patches on my skin. I tried using it with both my fingers, and a damp beauty blender. It was slightly better with the beauty blender, but not by much. I also used on both primed and unprimed skin. But it just wasn't a good foundation for my skin; perhaps if you're younger and have combination/oily skin, it would work on you.

on 2/6/2018 6:56:00 PM

Love the light texture, you’ll have to apply it quick because it dries fast. Medium coverage and a lot of shades to choose from. A little goes a long way