Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Other age: 36-43
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.6

on 6/29/2018 12:12:00 PM

This foundation looks really pretty when first applied. It is amazingly lightweight and gives an airbrushed look. But fast forward about 4 hours and it's break up or disappearing on my oily skin. If I only need my skin to look good for a certain number of hours it's great, but it's not a workhorse all day formula, at least for me.

on 12/31/2017 9:22:00 AM

Awful, I really wanted to love this and I even went so far as to checking my technique with the sales lady again and youtube videos.

Thin watery foundation with a lovely glow to it, beautifully packaged. Does not work with a beauty blender as too watery and product just doesn’t hit the skin so you must use a brush.

The result: patchy uneven skin, always wears off on the nose first. Wore it to work and thought I did a good job, everyone kept saying how tired I looked. Coverage is so poor and the more you use the more your pores become emphasised.

I wanted to love this and and I don’t disagree with any of the positive reviews here as skin type differs we all suit different things, but I’m very surprised they aren’t more negative reviews.

It’s over hyped and you need good skin for this foundation. If you go to the counter ask them to do a full face or even get your own sample, do not purchase based on a patch test at the counter.

I don’t even believe Kim k even wears this as her skin is flawless.

on 12/10/2014 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Words cannot describe how much I love this foundation! Have tried all the usual suspects - Laura Mercier silk creme, nars sheer glow, Illamasqua skin base, Dior Airflash etc and none even compare to this! I have oily skin and find that I am shining like a disco ball after a few hours of wearing other foundations. Not so with this! It is a medium coverage foundation with a lovely dewy finish. Really really love it!

on 2/9/2014 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I simply don't understand what all the hype is about with this foundation. It did not suit my skin at all. It did smooth my skin but did not compare at all with my favorite foundation: Bobbi Brown. I have just about every one of Bobbi's foundations formulas and they are all outstanding in every way (especially color range).The range of colors in this foundation line are so limited...when I returned the bottle I had purchased, the saleslady looked at me like I was insane and she kept arguing with me about returning it. I guess she just couldn't believe that I truly did not like it. Again, I just don't get why this foundation keeps winning all these awards. There are so many others that are far better.

on 10/28/2013 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I like this foundation most of the time. Very nice on my skin in the fall/winter/early spring months. A tad too oily in summer. I live in Denver so need moisture due to lack of humidity that does help your skin not have so many lines. And at 61 I have a few lines but not too bad. My issue is finding a color in a foundation. I wear shade #5 in the Luminous Silk. If there is anyone out there who also wears this shade and has found another color/foundation I'd love to know what it is.

on 8/22/2008 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I first read about this product in People...this is a "must have" for Jennifer Nettles. Although I had no idea who she is, she had other "must haves" on her list of which I think highly and the picture they showed of her looked like she has great skin. So I thought this might be worth giving a shot. I was lucky enough to have swapped with a WONDERFUL MUAer who had samples of this in 4 and 5. For me, 4 is a little light (maybe save that one for winter) and 5 seemed just right. Now for the results: A friend from out of town recently visited and she asked me what I'm using on my skin. She said my skin seemed softer, smoother and no lines around the eyes when I smile. Well, I love my skincare routine and have been very happy with the results, but had to attribute her comments to the LSF. I must admit, when I put it on it just evens everything out...soft and natural looking, without being overdone... just pretty skin. It is definitely a liquid foundation and not a TM, but not as "masky" as many foundations can be. I would say the finish is somewhere between a TM and liquid foundation. It offers just enough coverage to hide the imperfections without looking like makeup. I didn't notice any "sparkle," but maybe a nice "luminousity" as the product name implies. The ONLY reason I gave this product 4 and not 5 stars is the price tag...$58.

*UPDATE: I have come to LOVE this product... can't find another foundation that looks as good on my skin... I am still keeping my lippie rating a four for the same reason as before... $$*

on 4/4/2006 4:10:00 PM

One of the best foundations out there, IMO. Its name accurately describes the finish - luminous and silky. It also looks terrific in photographs, I look like I have glowy, natural, egg-shell complexion in photos. It is a bit too much coverage for day though (IMHO). Thanks to Shu cleansing oil and my current light regime, I've been having good skin days for 2 years and prefer light tinted moisturizer type of coverage. I normally mix it with Eucerin SPF30 moisturizer to both thin it out and lighten up the shade. I use 5 (which is still a touch too dark in the winter and 5.5 is way too orangey, plus it seems to darken a touch during wear). Also like the pump, although at $55 / bottle, it's a bummer I can't get the last bit out. Will probably keep this for nights out, but will switch to something lighter for the day.

on 8/27/2005 1:39:00 PM

I had great hopes for this - it seemed to get rave reviews everywhere. It did nothing for me. I am used to my foundation not showing on my skin - but not this one. It sat on my skin and the colour was wrong (this was purchased on the adviser's opinion that the shade was right for me.) It certainly did not make me look luminous. Yet another foundation disappointment.

on 3/25/2005 9:45:00 PM

Initially I wasn't that impressed with LSF.It just sat on the skin and showed every dry flake on my face.After I got my dry skin under control,I tried LSF again and loved it.I use the GA blender brush which lets me control coverage. LSF#4 is a perfect match.

on 4/19/2004 6:30:00 PM

A couple of months back some fellow MUAers and I had a get together and one of the stores we went to was Saks, where we were offered assistance by a very nice young SA named Chris. He showed us these trays of Armani foundation samples and said "help yourselves," and then suggested color numbers (I was a "three or four," he said). So I grabbed the LSF in four, then the matte and the day sheer in the same numbers. Today, I finally got around to using the LSF and oh, my....where have you been all my life? Great coverage, great finish (stayed in place even on an unseasonable 80 degree day) and looked good even in the car! I'll have to save up my pennies for this one!