Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Other age: 25-29
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.2

I found that this foundation was too heavy coverage. It felt like it sat on top of the skin. It didn't give me a dewy look as I have had from other foundations. The color selection was too orange for my skin tone.

on 6/18/2015 11:32:00 AM

Heard the rave reviews so in my search for a HG foundation I invested. Applied it with a brush and I wasn't overly impressed so next application I tried it with a beauty blender. My god it looks so nice I can't describe it. It's not high coverage id say medium but the finish is lovely! It's sort of Matt but still radiant. It's the most expensive foundation I've bought but it is lovely. On a side note originally I wanted the too faced born this way foundation but with shipping taxes it added up to a whopping 48 pounds which is like 76 dollars! I still want to try that one though but I refuse to pay that much!

on 8/11/2014 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

FAB FAB FAB.
Light weight
Beautiful colour match
No horrible smell
Literallly feels like silk
Medium coverage - great with real techniques foundation brush
No breakouts
Classy packaging
- Bit over priced, 30 would have been suffice.

on 2/15/2013 10:37:00 PM

I have mild to moderate acne, uneven blotchy skin tone, and acne scarring. I was looking for a foundation that would cover my blemishes but look natural and feel as if I'm not wearing any foundation. I have tried all the big brands (Chanel, Dior, YSL, Guerlain, Mac, La Mer, Cle de Peau, etc) and this one is my favorite. I wear a thin layer (1/2 pump) which looks very natural and it is enough to even out my skin tone and cover light scars but does not completely cover my dark scars. It does fade but at least it fades evenly. There is no caking or drying but on sweaty days, I'll get shiny. It is expensive but it is worth it for somebody as picky as I am for foundation.

on 8/15/2009 6:44:00 AM

meh. this was nothing special. I tried 4.5 and 5.5. 4.5 was better for my skintone, but both of them looked very cakey on me. I had them put on (half on each side of my face) by the GA makeup artist and when I got home the boy could tell I was wearing makeup (he never notices). It was cakey and showed wrinkles I never had before! Plus when I took it off I had a breakout. NICE. it felt a bit heavy too. Not sure if the raves are from those who need more coverage than I do, but I didn't like this product on me.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Aghh I cant believe I wasted so much money on this crap!!! I was so excited to buy an Armani foundation, and went to the department store all set to buy 'Lasting Finish'... only to be told its not yet available in Australia.
So I buy Luminious Silk coz im told its just as good... crap. It didnt even last an hour ( and this is in the middle of winter in Australia.) It made my skin blotchy and its just horrible...!!!!!!! Cant believe anyone would like this stuff. Today, in desperation, I bought a Clarins Matte foundation which seems alot better... but Ill keep you all posted.

on 10/9/2007 10:15:00 PM

I hate to say it, but I really disliked this foundation. It left my skin INSANELY oily within the matter of an hour or two. It has no lasting power whatsoever, and broke down and disappeared by the end of the day. I have NEVER had a problem like this with other foundations. In my opinion, it way too overpriced. I wanted to love it, but it just didn't work for me. I won't purchase it again.

on 2/20/2007 7:14:00 AM

This is a new classic. It reeks of style and the bottle itself is SO Armani...however unlike Mr.Armani's designs the bottle isn't flawless. You can't see how much product you have left due to the frosted glass and you can't remove the pump to get the foundation that remains when the pump stops working. Arghhh.

The foundation is not for everyone. It's takes patience and for some may present a learning curve.

Don't use too much! This foundation should cover your whole face in one pump.
It's not going to cover your blemishes, ladies, which is why we have concealor. Any foundation that gives you that kind of full coverage will not look natural despite what their SA's might claim.

Smooth out and blend with fingers. I haven't tried the brush but I don't feel the need to either.

If you have oily skin the LSF may not be long lasting. It's dewy.

I have combo skin and it wears very well with usually 1-2 blots a day.

It's got silicones so I usually use a primer that isn't silicone based.

Sounds high maintenance, huh?

Well, I am a high maintenance girl ;) and it is TOTALLY worth it. This gives the most incredible finish.

If you can, get a sample and make up your own mind.

I thought this foundation would live up to the hype. Wrong! I used two bottles of this stuff and it made me look old. No kidding. Although it went on smooth and kept my skin moist- it made my pores look huge and fine lines were coming out of nowhere. And when I'd first put it on it looked "waxy".

I thouhgt it was my skin- i'm 28- that was aging. I didn't think it was the makeup bc of all the magazine hype about it. I needed new foundation and decided to try MAC. My pores decreased and I dont see the lines anymore. Thank Goodness it was the foundation. I think its the silicone they put in it. Yuck. Never again.

on 10/11/2005 5:55:00 PM

I wanted to love this. It's ok. I like the finish. Dislike the coverage. Hate the packaging - one pump is not enough and two pumps is just way too much. If a product is worth its premium price I will repruchase. Not the case for me here unfortunately.