Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

on 8/25/2018 7:34:00 AM

The coverage is gorgeous, if you have oily or combination skin then this is definitely for you! If you have dry skin, then use your normal nourishing moisturiser before application as this formula is oil free. It allows my skin to breathe as well which Studio Fix sometimes didn't. This is a kind of expensive price but it really is worth it, it's a highly spreadable formula so it lasts a long time.

I have been trying out a lot of foundations recently and this one is amazing. I find that this foundation looks best when applied with a brush and buffed into the skin. It is a medium coverage but buildable to full if desired. It doesn’t look cakey or flat on the skin. It has a nice satin finish and is indeed luminous. It gives the skin a healthy glow, it doesn’t look at all oily or greasy though. It lasts well throughout the day, not separating, fading or transferring. It lasts well through heat, humidity and sweat also which is a bonus if you live in a hot climate! I love how this looks and feels on my skin. The only downside is the price, it is $99AUD. However, if you have the money to invest in this product I would highly recommend it! It lives up to its reputation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my alltime holygrail foundation, and the ONLY FOUNDATION I use. The lightest shade (2) is my exact colour match and I havnt been able to find a single other foundation that matches this shade. I have bought over 15 bottles and will continue until it's discontinued(hopefully never). Its around 72 CAD which sucks but I cant give it up. I'm constantly getting compliments from people about how good my skin looks and always getting questions about what foundation I wear. I always recommend this foundation to others.

on 7/23/2018 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

If it’s any testament to how much I love this foundation, I’ve repurchased 5x. I wear 5.75 and am about nc25-30. This is my hg foundation. It gives me the most velvety skin like texture while making my skin glow and providing medium coverage. I apply with my fingers then go back in with a damp BB to blend. I use nars soft matte concealer with this and the end result is flawless natural looking skin. I have dry skin and this doesn’t emphasize flakiness. It’s important to use setting powder as it does transfer. I find it works best without a primer. It just melts into my skin and makes my less than perfect acne scarred skin look flawless. I will add that I only use this when I don’t have a lot of texture to my skin (i.e. cystic acne) as I find it emphasizes that. But when my skin is in good condition this is my absolute favorite foundation.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is consistently a fantastic foundation.
This is skin like satin finish with high medium coverage and it doesn’t sink into fine lines at all (if you are having issues with that avoid putting primer on the fine lines, the more product you put there the worst you’ll notice them.)
3.75 is a good match, a little more pink than ususally but looos fine blended in to my NW10 skin. (Could be just a little lighter but it works)
Shade 2 works too but is a tinge too yellow for me
This gives a beautiful natural lightly powdered skin look.
This is used by makeup artist world wide and for good reason, it’s unlike any other.
Perfect on my dry skin and patches

This is not Dewey and it doesn’t claim to be, if you read the box or description before buying it tells you it has a satin finish so I’m not sure why some reviews take points off for that..
It’s called luminous silk and if you think of silk you can see why in the finish, the dimension it has and how it reacts to lighting... it really is like silk.

This is in my top faves and I have tried over 1k foundations.
This is currently number one! The rest are
La Mer the soft longwear foundation
Hourglass vanish
Tom Ford traceless perfecting foundation
L’Oréal infallible pro glow (similar to luminous silk really but has lots less dimension)
Huda beauty foundation

Coverage: Medium, slightly build-able
Finish: Demi Mate
Price: 3/10
Packaging 10/10

I really wanted to like this product because everyone absolutely raves about it but it was NOT for my skin. This is my review for dry skin, slightly acne prone slightly texture skin.

The colour on my skin was wack, I have light skin with rosy undertones but this looked like white out on my face.The next shade with my proper undertone was for medium skin.

Foundation blends pretty good but come on its medium coverage, how thick can it be if its mostly water, alcohol denant and cyclopentasiloxane

Coverage was disappointing if im using a 70$ foundation i want it to cover at least some of my redness and dont want to have to use multiple layers.

The finish is what threw me for the biggest loop, i know some brand like Nars will have foundation names that suggest quite dewy but are more mate or satin but this was medium coverage marketed as luminous so i thought it would have a bit more of a wet look. nope looked quite powdery and drying on the skin

Price is expected for a prestige brand but the value isn't there because of the need to build.
The packaging is vanity candy though,it just says i'm boujee

Overall i'm disappointed and quite surprised because of all the hype, would probably work best for someone who uses a brush for their foundation ( I used hands and brush and brush looks best ) I'd be wary to us with a sponge because its watery and again this is $70 foundation that needs to be build a bit so you'd want all the coverage you can get. I'd suggest this for someone with more normalized oil levels which already has quite smooth skin and little acne and discoloration. The BEST way i got this to work is by mixing some facial oil in to counteract the mattifying effect, spot conceal redness and imperfections with a concealer either before or after and stipple on a layer concentrating on center of face.

on 6/10/2018 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I just HATE not liking this. There are so few foundations that really work well for mature skin and this is always been touted as one of them.

But not for me.

I wanted something that provides some even-ing out redness and that left a radiant finish. And I didn't want it to immediately sit in fine lines.

But it jumped to my lines and did nothing to even out my skin tone.

And that was trying it with multip!e primers but ALWAYS sunscreen underneath. These days, If a foundation doesn't work over a serious sunscreen, pass it by.

Plus with all the unhelpful shade numbers, and that thing at Sephora that types your skin color, my share still looked awful.

$64.00 - what a waste of $$$.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'd like to begin with my main negative with this foundation: it broke me out. Initially, with the first application and wear, it was going outstandingly well and it looked so beautiful on my skin; in fact, I actually got compliments on how my skin looked which is shocking to me because my skin is probably the largest disaster to exist in this universe. It gave me medium-coverage, as claimed, and it had a satin finish which was so appealing to me. Unfortunately, some things are too good to be true and this broke my skin out in many pimples, mainly around my cheeks, chin and jawline; apparently Christmas came early, and this was not a 'gift' I wanted! However, the breakout did not happen initially, it occurred after consistent usage over the span of four days. So, I'm guessing the breakout is just due to my acne-prone skin disliking basically every brilliant product there is on the market.

Now, for the positives: it made my skin look like butter. That's all, and that's enough for me to become obsessed with a foundation; any product which can make my skin appear significantly smoother, healthier and glass-like is automatically a win-win.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my favourite foundation, it's just too bad it's so expensive (well it IS Giorgi Armani..)
I find that this foundation works perfectly with my combination skin, oily t-zone and chin and dry flaky skin around my nose. I love the coverage of this, to me this is light and is PERFECT for me as I hate cakey full coverage foundations on my skin and find that they never work for me. Instead I find that this enhances my skin and I like how I can still see freckles under it. This foundation does not dry my skin out and makes my skin look really healthy. I pair this with the Laura Mercier translucent powder and find that it's perfect. I will continue to buy this even though of the price because I LOVE it.
I would imagine that this foundation wouldn't be very suitable for someone with very oily skin as this is not a long-wearing matte foundation. If you have oily skin I'd recommend setting it with a good setting powder.

on 5/13/2018 12:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect foundation and have gravitated towards the dewy or glow-from-within foundations. I’ve found a few of them that I really like. But even with my mature 60 plus year old skin, I find a more satin finish looks the best. Powder is the enemy for older skin but the glow foundations can almost tend to emphasize fine lines and texture (at least this is the case with me).

I have tried GA Luminous Silk a number of times but I don’t think I was matched correctly in the past as it always made my pink undertone skin look sallow. I happened to be at a Macy’s recently and was color matched to 4.75 but they didn’t have my color at the store. The SA actually called over to Nordstrom’s and hooked me up.

Boy having the right color match makes all the difference. The 4.75 actually looks almost peachy coming out of the pump instead of the pink undertone I thought would be me. However, this color on just brightens up my face. It provides a natural medium coverage with a blurring and satin finish. It’s not a glowy or dewy look but just a fresh and healthy but polished look. I find it holds up nicely through the day with just a powder to my nose midday as with all my foundations.

During the summer, I bought the 5.0 shade and mixed it with the 4.75 for the best match.

This is my go-to foundation for most days when I just need the best fresh and polished look. My favorite foundation and believe me, I’ve tried more than a few....