Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Other age: 36-43
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.3

on 12/31/2017 9:22:00 AM

Awful, I really wanted to love this and I even went so far as to checking my technique with the sales lady again and youtube videos.

Thin watery foundation with a lovely glow to it, beautifully packaged. Does not work with a beauty blender as too watery and product just doesn’t hit the skin so you must use a brush.

The result: patchy uneven skin, always wears off on the nose first. Wore it to work and thought I did a good job, everyone kept saying how tired I looked. Coverage is so poor and the more you use the more your pores become emphasised.

I wanted to love this and and I don’t disagree with any of the positive reviews here as skin type differs we all suit different things, but I’m very surprised they aren’t more negative reviews.

It’s over hyped and you need good skin for this foundation. If you go to the counter ask them to do a full face or even get your own sample, do not purchase based on a patch test at the counter.

I don’t even believe Kim k even wears this as her skin is flawless.

I can see why this foundation gets lots of praise from GA customers and make-up artists. LSF has many good points. The coverage is buildable from sheer to medium, and it seems to be a nice yellow based foundation, and great for those that have yellow tones to their skin. LSF dries quickly on the skin, so it's best to apply it to one section of the face at a time. For me, I get better results when I apply it with a slightly dampened make-up wedge. I have mostly normal skin with some T-zone shine and was concerned initially because LSF looked quite matte on my skin, but luckily after a few hrs on my skin it started to look slightly dewy. It reallly does make my skin look luminous and great in photographs. LSF #8 is a fantastic match for my GGG complexion REVIEW UPDATE! (July,09) I'm finding this foundation is a bit too dewy looking for the summer months. This will be a better foundation for me in the fall, winter and spring seasons.

on 4/3/2007 1:25:00 AM

I loved this product at first and bought several products in the line...the color match was perfect and it felt wonderful, the way it just "clung" to my skin. But after using the foundation routinely for about a week, I noticed that I was begninning to break out (my skin is generally very clear), and as I continued using it, it was getting worse, particularly around the chin, upper lip, and forehead. After three weeks (I really wanted to make sure it was the foundation) I gave up, and my skin cleared up within about a week after that. I have never had that happen with any other foundation. I also hated the packaging, as others have indicated the problems with the opaque bottle and for me, one pump was not quite enough, but another full pump was way too much (the measurement seemed "off" to me). I think this foundation could work to be used in a small sample size for a special event only. but never rountinely--not good for the skin. Interestingly, I had a makeup artist who uses a lot of Armani tell me the same.

on 3/5/2005 9:38:00 AM

LSF is a true godsend for me. I find it a little runny but it applies effortlessly and achieves a flawless, weightless, satin finish. I'm a PPP/LLL and use #2 or #3 (barely see any difference between these two shades)... this foundation has never made me break out and although it's slightly moisturising, I find it has oil-controlling properties too cos I always seem to have less overall shine at the end of the day. Absolutely adore this makeup... cannot rate it highly enough. Expensive but worth every cent IMHO. For the first time ever, I wish I could rate this six lippies! :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials