Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Other age: 25-29
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.4

I found that this foundation was too heavy coverage. It felt like it sat on top of the skin. It didn't give me a dewy look as I have had from other foundations. The color selection was too orange for my skin tone.

on 4/4/2016 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a pretty great "event foundation", it provides medium coverage that doesn't look dull. In a way it reminds me of MUFE HD as it looks great in photographs but with a better finish in person. Unfortunately, application can be tricky as it tends to exaggerate dry spots or pores when applied in a hurry or with the wrong tools. The other problem is that the shade selection is not ideal - I got a warm/yellow shade and it still looked too beige and this seems to be the case in the light-medium shades as a whole. Overall, make sure to get a sample to test it because even though it is a great foundation, it is pricy and a bit tricky to apply. I personally won't use it as an every day foundation.

on 6/18/2015 11:32:00 AM

Heard the rave reviews so in my search for a HG foundation I invested. Applied it with a brush and I wasn't overly impressed so next application I tried it with a beauty blender. My god it looks so nice I can't describe it. It's not high coverage id say medium but the finish is lovely! It's sort of Matt but still radiant. It's the most expensive foundation I've bought but it is lovely. On a side note originally I wanted the too faced born this way foundation but with shipping taxes it added up to a whopping 48 pounds which is like 76 dollars! I still want to try that one though but I refuse to pay that much!

on 5/7/2013 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am in love with this foundation. Finally found a foundation that I'm totally satisfied with (a little pricey tho). It is super lightweight yet gives a good coverage to create a flawless look! I must admit that I have blemishes here and there and got quite a few dark spots and acne scars on my face but this foundation covers them ALL! It is amazing! I am onto my 3rd bottle now. Each time I finish a bottle I wish I could find something cheaper to replace it but end up keep coming back to it cuz nothing is as nearly amazing as this foundation. Highly recommended!

on 2/15/2013 10:37:00 PM

I have mild to moderate acne, uneven blotchy skin tone, and acne scarring. I was looking for a foundation that would cover my blemishes but look natural and feel as if I'm not wearing any foundation. I have tried all the big brands (Chanel, Dior, YSL, Guerlain, Mac, La Mer, Cle de Peau, etc) and this one is my favorite. I wear a thin layer (1/2 pump) which looks very natural and it is enough to even out my skin tone and cover light scars but does not completely cover my dark scars. It does fade but at least it fades evenly. There is no caking or drying but on sweaty days, I'll get shiny. It is expensive but it is worth it for somebody as picky as I am for foundation.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

gross. i hated it. it didnt settle right at all, and makeup is what i do. if i as a working artist threw this crap in the trash cuz i couldnt blend it, how can you expect the adverage woman to spend that kinda money and work this as an everyday makeup. another product over hyped.

on 3/19/2010 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

This foundation is OK, but considering the prize...I wouldn't even consider buying it again. The pump is hard to manage, and the finish is more powdery than "dewy". And be careful about picking the shade on this one, ladies. It seems like it becomes much lighter (in my case, shade no. 5, more "spooky") when you apply it. I am aware it might work differently for someone with oily skin, but I don't think it's a foundation that works for "all skin types" (as the sales lady told me). Also, I would't recommend it to someone with somewhat sensitive or dry skin, because I do find it a bit drying. On the plus side, it does stay on it's place throughout the day.

on 8/15/2009 6:44:00 AM

meh. this was nothing special. I tried 4.5 and 5.5. 4.5 was better for my skintone, but both of them looked very cakey on me. I had them put on (half on each side of my face) by the GA makeup artist and when I got home the boy could tell I was wearing makeup (he never notices). It was cakey and showed wrinkles I never had before! Plus when I took it off I had a breakout. NICE. it felt a bit heavy too. Not sure if the raves are from those who need more coverage than I do, but I didn't like this product on me.

on 7/26/2009 6:38:00 PM

Another HG for me! This the foundation that I worship (well.... almost!).
I am NC25 and wear shade 5 during the year and switch to 5.5 in the summer.
Here are the reasons why this award winning is my HG

1. The GLOW. Oh the glow is just right. This oil-free formula gives a perfect skin like finish with a medium coverage. I don't need a highlighter because it highlights all the right places.
2. You need only one pump so it lasts a while.
3. I love the pump dispenser.
4. It makes my face look flawless. Celebrity-flawless.
It is not a full coverage foundation but it covers enough any imperfection you might have.
$58 is well worth it: I've had the bottle for 6 months and I have about a third left:-)

I had big hopes for this foundation and I went to the GA counter to get colormatched.
The sales-assistent there helped me get colormatched, and she believed the 4.5 was my color. She tried it on my face and insisted it was exactly my color even though I was unsure myself...It seemed way too yellow in the department light, so I asked for a sample to take with me and try on at home.
When I got home the first thing my friend said "why is your face so yellow?" Needless to say the color was all wrong for me. The intensity might have been fine, but for my cool toned fair skin there is no option in this line. Everything seems very yellow. Don't get me wrong, I hate putting on overly pink foundations, because they make me look like an idiot, but I hate putting on overly yellow foundations too, it is just no match. My skintone needs a nice neutral foundation that neutralizes the pink a bit, without making me look jaundized...I did try the sample for a couple of days though, just to test the overall quality. It goes on allright and smooth, but I wasn't overly impressed, because I'm a high end foundation kind of girl and most of them do that. Nothing exceptional.
It still gave it 3 out of 5 stars, because I tjink it is prob. a decent foundation if you find a good color, but if you are cool toned and fair like me, it probably won't be your HG (even though you can always try though!).