Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

on 5/1/2017 8:45:00 PM

I'm the queen of drugstore products and so resisted buying this, but I had a photo shoot and knew that my usual foundation contained too much spf and would give some flashback. Finally caved and bought this and must say that it has a wonderful finish. I've already gotten compliments on my skin using it. It doesn't last longer than 4-6 hours but most don't on me anyway. The price is so high, but I'm using small amounts to try to make it last. A winner for sure.

I found that this foundation was too heavy coverage. It felt like it sat on top of the skin. It didn't give me a dewy look as I have had from other foundations. The color selection was too orange for my skin tone.

on 4/4/2016 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a pretty great "event foundation", it provides medium coverage that doesn't look dull. In a way it reminds me of MUFE HD as it looks great in photographs but with a better finish in person. Unfortunately, application can be tricky as it tends to exaggerate dry spots or pores when applied in a hurry or with the wrong tools. The other problem is that the shade selection is not ideal - I got a warm/yellow shade and it still looked too beige and this seems to be the case in the light-medium shades as a whole. Overall, make sure to get a sample to test it because even though it is a great foundation, it is pricy and a bit tricky to apply. I personally won't use it as an every day foundation.

on 3/16/2016 2:03:00 PM

I got the small size from Sephora online. It cost $42 for .6 oz. I like this but it settles a little into my lines.

on 8/26/2015 9:56:00 PM

definietly on the pricey side but worth it for special occasions.

Amazing consistency. would buy again

on 7/28/2015 8:07:00 AM

I have oily skin to begin but the lo gevity of this product is pretty decent if you set it with a good powder. I like rimmel stay matte or Coty airspun both in transluscent. Let me begin by saying that the first day I wore this I was out and about at the farmers market on a super hot day. After 5 hours of wear my face looked almost better than when I just applied it. My skin looked poreless and luminous, but not shiny whatsoever. And I have oily skin so I was pretty shocked to see this baby last on my skin so long without any touch ups or fading. After a few weeks of use my skin was breaking out because of stress from finals and junk eating, so I needed more coverage and this foundation just wasn't cutting it for me anymore. Because of its consistency it takes a while to build up the product. My blemishes and darks pots were still shining through even after 3 pumps (I know too much foundation guilty), although it still didn't look caked, it just wasn't giving me any coverage! Girl I was livid. I had finals and didn't wanna spend more than 10 minutes pumping the life out of this pricey product. I put on some of my maybelline age rewind concealer on a few spots and set it and was out the door. My point is that this product is geared for those with decent skin. Not full coverage, it's strictly medium in my opinion. Doesn't look cakey, but it won't cover any acne pigmentation scaring. It's worth a shot but I returned this product.

on 6/18/2015 11:32:00 AM

Heard the rave reviews so in my search for a HG foundation I invested. Applied it with a brush and I wasn't overly impressed so next application I tried it with a beauty blender. My god it looks so nice I can't describe it. It's not high coverage id say medium but the finish is lovely! It's sort of Matt but still radiant. It's the most expensive foundation I've bought but it is lovely. On a side note originally I wanted the too faced born this way foundation but with shipping taxes it added up to a whopping 48 pounds which is like 76 dollars! I still want to try that one though but I refuse to pay that much!

on 12/20/2014 2:05:00 PM

So I have been having a very hard time finding a foundation that matches my skin. People have been raving about this foundation so why not give it a try? I'm not gonna lie, i was a bit unsure if it was worth it bc of the price but I went for it. I serioulsy LOVE it, it's so natural looking but still covers. It matches my skin tone perfectly. I'm darker than NC45 but lighter than NC50 so NC47 in mac? But I got the armani foundation in the shade 9 and i loove it. I'm so happy to finally not having to mix two foundation for the right shade. Definately HG!

on 2/16/2014 3:25:00 PM

I bought this foundation over the internet believe it or not and guessed my shade after reading reviews here! So I'm usually NC37 and I have 6.5 in this. This is definitely one of the most natural looking foundations I have ever had and took some getting used to as I was using mac studio fix before this which is a lot heavier. I found that the mac foundation just sat on top of my skin and often my hubby would say my face looks powdery. After switching to this foundation my skin is so smooth looking and it does not accentuate dry patches. It is a bit tricky to apply and I would say this is sheer to medium coverage at a push. I have learnt the best way to apply thus is one layer all over face and if heavier coverage is needed then apply extra on top when dry. I use the nars white setting powder with this. My once large pores are no longer visible and my greasy oily face is no longer greasy or shiny in fact I don't even need to blot throught out the day.

on 1/13/2014 12:15:00 AM

So i decided to buy this foundation based on the reviews here on MUA. I have to say everything about this foundation is amazing except the colour selection. I got colour matched to 5.5, however in my personal opinion i think its a little to pink/orange on me but people around me say it looks fine. The sales assistant who was much paler than me said she uses the 5.5 but she looked like nc 15 - 20 and it looked perfectly fine on her. I get a little worried about the colour especially if im standing in the sun cause i think look orange. I THINK i would repurchase this again cause it looks beautiful when photographed and coverage is natural but if there is no foundation as good as this i will have to stick to this one. BTW im a mac nc 20 :)