Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by age: 25-29
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

I love that this product comes in fair shades for me and it does leave a nice satin finish and quite nice medium coverage for a thinner consistency fdtn. I will say I was a touch disappointed given the hype and PRICE that it wasn't more smooth/invisible/skin-like - when I consider the Bourjois Healthy Mix gel serum is awesome and costs about half and I get the result I'm looking for, why spend so much on this product right...?

on 3/30/2018 5:17:00 PM

This is my favorite foundation! I have dry-combination skin and rosacea, and therefore a lot of redness to cover up + bumps and flakiness. After I started using Soolantra the texture of my skin has improved immensely, and I also use a lot of skincare to tackle dehydration which has helped give me a better base.

This foundation goes on so smoothly, gives you a lot of time to work it in before it sets and gives a beautiful finish. I work it in in several thin layers and spend a lot of time blending and pressing it in with a beauty blender, which I find gives the most skinlike finish. I go over my cheeks, chin and center of my forehead until I have the coverage that I need and it never goes cakey. You can build it up to medium+ coverage. The t-zone gets oily throughout the day with this one, but that is not a big concern for me with all my other skin problems, and I find that you can blot and powder through the day without ruining the look.

I also like to mix this with Armani maestro glow on drier days which gives a dewier finish, and I mix in a drop of Face atelier´s white foundation during winter time. I´m in the shade 2 which is fair neutral, but I find that it leans a bit yellow. Might try to mix with the shade 4.75 to get a cooler and bit darker shade for the summer months.

All in all, I find that this works well for my dehydrated textured skin and gives a great amount of coverage if you work with it a bit.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

An absolute no-no on combination to dry skin. I bought this after reading all the raving reviews and I regretted it immediately. Upon putting it on (with a brush), it clung to my dry patches and after just one hour I looked like an oily mess, despite not having oily skin. One of the worst foundations I have ever tried. Get a sample before committing!

Beautiful foundation. It has a satin finish and the coverage is medium. You can build it up a bit. I apply it with a damp beauty sponge and set with a bit of MAC mineralize skin finish natural. I have dry skin with a moderate but stubborn en acne and it does not cover it all, but it does not accentuate the bumps under the skin either. Im something around NC20, quote pale and yellowish/greenish (damn that doesn’t sound good, ha) and the shade 4.0 matched me like a dream! Ist quite expensive though. That’s why had to deduct one star.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Absolutely love this foundation - perfect for people who love a lightweight, natural complexion.

I feel like it blends well and doesn't settle into my pours. Longevity is not so great but wears pretty nicely throughout my work day. Will definitely re-purchase. Currently have 3 different colours so I can mix my shades for when I fake tan.

on 2/2/2018 8:21:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I bought this from Sephora in the travel size at $42 and I wish I could return it. It feels lovely texture wise, but almost immediately when I begin blending it on my face, it gets blotchy and coagulated. I thought it might be my primer (Hourglass Mineral Veil), so I used the foundation without any and had the same result. I honestly wanted this product to work out and trusted that it would. However, as the only foundation I brought with me on my vacation to Spain, it’s a huge regret that I will never make again.

on 1/22/2018 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

How do I love thee, let me count the ways:
- The best thing I find about Luminous Silk is the silky (duh), slippery texture that glides over the skin effortlessly. I have to blend most other foundations very carefully over small areas of my face to avoid cakey spots. With this one, I got completely lazy - I can slap a pump's worth into the middle of my face, slather it around, and it gives me a completely even, perfectly blended coverage without drying up and setting too fast and clinging to skin patches. For a light all-over application, I get the best results when I use my fingers and simply spread it around just like a moisturizer. (Some reviews mentioned that they hated LS when using it with the Beauty Blender, and I hated the BB when using it with this foundation, so it looks like they're not compatible, if that's your preferred application method. Not a problem for me, but LS is rather light and thin, so sponges and brushes soak it up quite easily.)

- It can be built up from about medium-light to medium-heavy coverage without looking heavy. On the days when the above is not enough, I like to take a bit more and apply it with a tapping motion wherever I need it, either with my fingers or a brush. This covers any redness, capillaries, faded scars and light spots. It won't cover anything too dark/red, but I'd rather use a concealer than a heavy foundation for that.

- The finish, despite the name, is rather natural with slight dewiness. For me (normal skin that's sometimes prone to dryness and can get oily towards the end of the day), it's perfect - anything more matte looks dry and patchy on me, and anything richer sits on top of the skin, and I just end up using too much powder to get rid of the tacky feel. This may not be the best foundation for those who have very dry skin, though - I tried using it after a (bad) experiment with a salicylic acid toner, and it did emphasize the skin flakes.

- It stays on quite well for 8-12 hours. It does get shiny in the middle of the day and fade a bit towards the evening, of course, but it never breaks down in patches (Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua!) or otherwise looks offensive.
All in all, like any foundation, it won't suit every single skin type, but it's a fantastic in-between option - not too heavy, not too light, not too matte and not too dewy. I've been using this for about 10 years now, and every time I "cheated" on it with a different foundation, I regretted it.

on 1/14/2018 5:55:00 AM

So I realllly wanted to love this foundation after reading reviews and hearing the kardashians rated it. For me this is probably THE worst foundation I have ever used. No exaggeration. I can only think this works if you have perfect skin.

The girl I purchased it from was lovely and told me for more coverage apply with beauty blender. However when I did this I found the blender ate it all up as the product is soooo watery.
I tried with a brush which was slightly better but didn’t feel it gave me a “silky” look. After a day of wearing it I found it went so patchy and I mean like having to rub it in in places making my already combo skin look worse.

The packaging is great as it’s small so fits in bags easier but for me that was the only plus with this product. Massively over rated and over priced deffo not re purchasing. Sorry to bring the rating down but feel maybe this isn’t great for combo skin!!

on 1/8/2018 10:01:00 AM

One of my all-time favorites. Beautiful sheer but buildable coverage, dewy skin-like finish. I always get compliments when I wear it.

on 12/10/2017 2:39:00 PM