Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

This is probably my favorite foundation, it's pretty sheer and not full coverage but it blends so nicely and works so well on my skin even though I have dry skin problems!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is an amazing lightweight, medium coverage foundation. It has great lasting power and wears beautifully throughout the day. My hands-down favourite thing about this foundation is the colour match I got, I find it so difficult finding fair shades that don't have strong pink undertones or strong yellow undertones but this one has the perfect neutral fair shade that doesn't oxidize at all.

I would for sure recommend this product, and also I find it's best applied with a dense brush or fingertips. A sponge would just be a total waste of product.

on 2/12/2018 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I can see why this is a popular choice for many - nice formula texture glides on easily, looks dewy has nice sheen not heavy at all medium coverage but as I have oily skin not ideal for those with oily skin. Best for normal or dry skin types.
I prefer Power Fabric over this.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've tried countless foundations, ranging from dirt cheap to more expensive than this (crazy, I know), but I can really never find anything that comes close to this one. The finish it gives me is just incredible— photoshopped- looking, but also not too makeup-y. Truly a paradox. Moreover, I have dry skin and this stuff never accentuates dry patches, it also isn't like traditionally dewy and hydrating foundations that provide the moisture by making the formula emollient and greasy, leading to the foundation slipping and sliding on my face and transferring to everything I touch. Granted, this foundation isn't very long wearing even on my dry skin, but when it fades, it fades evenly and in a way that never makes me feel anxious to look in a mirror worried at what I might see. The only thing I would like to see improved is the shade range. I'd love to see a light olive color, similar to shade 6 but for an NC 20-25. I currently have to mix 6 and 3 (a light yellow- toned shade) to get my perfect match. Oh, and the price could be more reasonable too of course!

on 2/8/2018 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I got this on sale when GA was having 20% off during Christmas, it's not a horrible foundation but i'm surprised that so many recommend this for dry, mature (of which i have both) skin. I got the color in 4.5, which is described as "light, neutral" but it definitely leaned warm on me (i'm around NC20, but have mostly neutral undertones). It does have a satin finish, and is lightweight with medium coverage. The heavy glass bottle looks and feels luxurious for sure. Unfortunately, right away it emphasized and accentuated every pore on my face (mostly the area where my nose and cheeks meet), as well as fine lines and dry patches on my skin. I tried using it with both my fingers, and a damp beauty blender. It was slightly better with the beauty blender, but not by much. I also used on both primed and unprimed skin. But it just wasn't a good foundation for my skin; perhaps if you're younger and have combination/oily skin, it would work on you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Absolutely love this foundation - perfect for people who love a lightweight, natural complexion.

I feel like it blends well and doesn't settle into my pours. Longevity is not so great but wears pretty nicely throughout my work day. Will definitely re-purchase. Currently have 3 different colours so I can mix my shades for when I fake tan.

on 2/6/2018 6:56:00 PM

Love the light texture, you’ll have to apply it quick because it dries fast. Medium coverage and a lot of shades to choose from. A little goes a long way

on 2/2/2018 8:21:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I bought this from Sephora in the travel size at $42 and I wish I could return it. It feels lovely texture wise, but almost immediately when I begin blending it on my face, it gets blotchy and coagulated. I thought it might be my primer (Hourglass Mineral Veil), so I used the foundation without any and had the same result. I honestly wanted this product to work out and trusted that it would. However, as the only foundation I brought with me on my vacation to Spain, it’s a huge regret that I will never make again.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Considering how expensive and hyped up this product is, all I can say is, thank goodness I only got a sample of this. This foundation has me so confused. It feels like silk on the skin, yes. But as far as luminosity goes - this foundation makes my skin feel so dry and tight and emphasizes my pores. I don't feel like it gives me any glow to my skin and actually over the three days that I tested this foundation I had to generously apply and reapply Mac's Fix+ because my skin felt like a desert. The only good thing is that the shade match was quite good. I am an NC42 and shade 7.5 fits perfectly.

on 2/1/2018 1:06:00 AM

Bought into the hype around this and I’m glad I did. It gives a lovely natural look (esp if applied with a beauty blender) and is worth the price as it lasts ages. It also seems to have a large array of shades.