Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

4.4

on 12/2/2017 10:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The best foundation I’ve ever tried. It’s the one foundation I always go back to and leaves a very natural, non cakey finish. Luminous silk isn’t a full coverage foundation, I’d say it’s medium coverage but leaves a beautiful slightly dewy finish. Definitely will repurchase

on 11/30/2016 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

My favorite foundation. Works well with my hard to match skin tone. Easily bendable, smooth finish. Gives a natural finish - not too dewy, not too matte. Just right. I use this in 7.5 and use the real techniques blender.

on 3/30/2016 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I bought this product along with my Nars Sheer Glow. I use both of them. I use 6.0 in Luminous Silk for daily use and Vallauris in Sheer Glow when I am going out. They both work extremely well. My skin can flake but it doesn't flake with this when I apply it properly (with my face oil, cream and serum + sponge application). Plus it doesn't oxidize on my skin. Its almost impossible to choose between the two but I think I got the wrong shade for Luminous Silk.

on 2/9/2014 5:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my all-time favourite foundation. I wear shade 4 (Mac NC20, Bobbi Brown 3.0) and it goes on a little bit pale but warms up to my skin tone within a few minutes. I have dry skin and this just gives me such a glow. It's not really dewy, it just looks like my skin but so much better when I apply with a stippling brush like the MAC 187 or the hourglass foundation brush. The staying power is quite good, maybe because I have dry skin, but I do find this wears better than all of my other foundations and it is never cakey. And it doesn't transfer either!! I will continue to repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

this is the most amazing foundation I have ever used...however, there is a trick to it...you MUST use it sparingly...no more than a pump and a half. I got turned on to LSF some time ago through MUA, and tried a sample of the #1. I was thrilled with it, but unfortunately, the #1 was discontinued so I tried mixing the #2 and the Fluid Sheer in #0. Perfect. This product got fives all the way: the quality is amazing, as well as the packaging; but the price will leave you weeping...$55 a bottle. The feel of the foundation is light and silicone-based, with no discernible scent. I apply with my fingers, and then blend with a foundation brush. My skin is left looking luminous, and like my natural skin, but better. The shimmers are very subtle and really perfect the look. When I initially tried the LSF and FS, I was applying it wrong -- I was using WAY too much. I called Saks and found out what I was doing wrong, and it's been perfect ever since. Honestly I'm so glad you need so little, Armani is expensive...but so worth it:)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

i was matched for 5.5. that's a bit dark for me. i normally wear chanel B20, mac NC25. if i'm tanned i can get away with 5.5, but 9 months of the year this will be too dark for me.

the foundation is smooth, light-weight, and probably a medium coverage. not quite as much coverage as NARS sheer glow but this will definitely take out any redness in your skin. goes on like a dream and blends easily.

and then... flakes! i have true combination skin. oily nose and chin, normal forehead, dry upper lip, cheeks, undereyes. i didn't even know my skin was flaking until i took a quick glance in the mirror in natural light and noticed the foundation clinging to the dry patches. the foundation holds up ok on my oily areas if i'm in A/C all day. if i head out in this humidity, then it melts right off. this foundation rubs off pretty easily too. on clothes, on people, on napkins.

if you are well hydrated, your skin isn't even a little bit dry, you're indoors all day, and you know that nothing and no one is going to touch your face, then this is a great foundation. seriously. in the right environment and circumstances and the right skin type, this is probably great stuff. if i was going to a party and wanted a bit more coverage than my usual (sheer) foundation, then i'd use luminous silk. but if i'm looking for something long-wearing that won't melt or rub off my face and that will be forgiving to my schizophrenic skin, then this is not it.

on 5/2/2009 5:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Revised 10/23/09: I can't make up my mind about this foundation. I've been trying it for almost a year now. Some days it works, some days it doesn't. It's a mess in the summer, when my skin gets super oily... but it still doesn't hold up all day in cooler weather, either. It seems like it's too easy to apply too much, and then it sits on the skin looking obvious. On its good days, it looks fabulous, though. I've found that this looks best applied in a sheer layer with a damp sponge... the coverage is decent for a sheer/medium foundation like this, and I find that I only need to use concealer on the worst spots. So if you have normal or dry skin, this might work out great for you.

------------
I'm approximately an NW15 in MAC, leaning towards neutral, and I got this in shade 2. It was a little too pink for me, so I added my sample of shade 4 to the bottle and now it's a perfect match. 2 is more pink, 4 is more yellow. I just needed a touch of yellow to get it closer to my own skin tone.