Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.7

on 3/18/2017 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is by far the best foundation I have used, alongside with Urban Decay Naked Skin (and the discontinued Bourjois 123 Foudnation).

I have it in shades 3.0, which is my transitional shade (nc25) and 2.0, which is my winter shade (between nc15 and nc20).

The shade 2.0 is a perfect neutral shade, slightly yellow (not a beige).

The foundation works very Well on My dehydrated oily skin.

I prep my skin with a light moisturizer (Caudalie sorbet, the light pink tube). I apply the foundation with a moist sponge (Real Techniques works better than Beauty Blender - quite a mistery, really). Using a buffing brush gives a similar outcome, but the sponge is definitely a better option. That way, the pores are better covered.

When I apply the foundation, my skin looks really perfect and even.

On top I put Hourglass compact powder, but it doesn't make a difference - whichever powder is on top, it looks natural and soft (Mac loose setting powder, Guerlain Perls in Medium).

The foundation lasts really long. I tested it on all weather conditions, and there is only a difference with my oiliness but despite, the foundation sits well. I get 8 hours without retouching. By 12 hours, the foundation slightly sinks into pores, but still looks good and wearable.

I highly recommend both of the foundations!

The match is on point, the foundation is longwearing, doesn't dry my skin out and doesn't make my skin oilier than usual. It's the best I came across.

Mac Prolongwear nc20 - slightly too orange
Estée Lauder DW 1w2 - slightly too orange
Burberry Velvet Ochre - slightly darker
Lancôme 24 Idole Beige Albatre - slightly darker and too orange (match with first two above)

Urban Decay 2.0 Naked
Bourjois 123 foundation 52
Giorgio Armani Luminous 2.0

on 12/12/2016 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is my favorite foundation (alongside MAC's face & body)!

I'm an nc30 and my shade in this foundation is 5.75!

EDIT: I just ran out of my first bottle and decided to repurchase but this time i decided to go for shade 6, and it evidently looks better on me than 5.75!

I don't think one is darker than another, the only difference is in the undertone -6 is more yellow/golden whereas 5.75 is more peachy!

I'm totally and completely FLOORED with this foundie! I bought one out of whim, a bit sceptical (I usually wear Channel's Perfection/Lift Lumiere) and this bottle just win above them all! It got great coverage without the chalky/cakey look, sheer to medium buildable, feels so smooth on my skin and no breakouts whatsoever. So a sheer layer is perfect for daily use, whilst a thicker application works perfect for parties/girls' night out. Also the color is just a perfect match for my skin (4).

I apply this foundie with just a speck of my regular moisturizer, with Obagi's sunblock for day time. Sigma F80 or damp Beautyblender just blur the foundie nicely. I just one pump of Skindinavia's setting spray on the F80 and smooth complexion is mine all day.

I will definitely buy this again, I just can't get enough!

on 6/1/2014 3:18:00 PM

For color reference- I had to order this online, and guessed, but guessed perfectly- I wear a 2.5 in Touch Eclat pen, BD20 in Touch Eclat foundation, Fairly Medium in Bare Minerals, Warm Ivory in Dermablend Cover Cream, Fresco in Estee Lauder Double Wear, Fiji in Nars, NC20 in Mac, and in this foundation, GA Luminious Silk, I wear a 4. All of these are nearly perfect-perfect on my skin tone.

I have been on a foundation buying spree. I have Mac, Nars, YSL, Estee Lauder, Giorgio Armani, Dermablend, and Bare Minerals. I am really loving the Armani Luminous Silk foundation. I took off a price lippie because I do believe it's expensive and I'm lucky that I can afford to buy it and play around, but the price point is going to be out of some people's reach.

I love that the bottle has a cap and a pump. My Mac pump which I had to buy separate has a little snap on blocker for when you're travelling to prevent the pump from pressing and I'm always afraid I'll lose it. I like that this pump is covered by the cap. It pumps a small amount- I need about 3 pumps to cover my whole face and layer, vs 1 or 1.5 with the Mac pump. The foundation is pretty fluid. I dab it on with a damp beauty blender. I have a lot of acne and redness so I do 3 layers on the damaged areas and just 1 or 2 on the better areas of my skin, but it all looks even and flawless. Even with 3 layers over acne it doesn't look cakey at all. I live on the NC coast and it's very hot and humid- I came inside this afternoon and my makeup still looked great. I always set with an Hourglass Ambient Light powder but regardless I am not blotchy, oily, dry, flaky, uneven, oxidizing, etc.

on 8/15/2012 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I'm on my 2nd bottle and I love lo e this foundation. It's a light to medium coverage but is buildable I have used other Giorgio Armani foundations and there great as well but this is the hg for me love u Giorgio Armani

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is one of my favorite foundations, I was lucky enough to get this in a swap when i ran out of mine. Its a perfect light summer foundation, since it is a bit pricy I usually only use this when i go out, my everyday foundation is Mac face and body, and my HG Nars sheer glow! This foundation is runner up to Nars sheer glow the reasons why is, the price and sheer glow give you a little more coverage. But this is worth trying even if you just stop and get a sample! This is my HG loveee it!!!!

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is my HG foundation at the moment if only for one reason - shade 6 is the yellowest I have found and suits my skin well. If your anything like me every foundation is too darn orange or pink even those brands who "claim" to be yellow based. I wish it wasnt quite so luminous given i live in a humid climate but cant find this shade in any of the matte range. Will definately repurchase.

on 5/22/2009 8:35:00 AM

This is the most amazing foundation ever, best suited for combination/oily skin, it gives nice sheer coverage but you can build on it, the colour choices are also very good, I use 5.5 in winterr ( to add a bit of colour) and in summer (to get more deeper couls just sweep a bit of bronzer).

This foundation doesnt clog pores and doesnt cause break outs it has awsome feel as if you have nothing on, this product is worth the money

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

IM SO IN LOVE!!! This makes my skin look so fantastic I stare at myself all day lol I cant believe that my skin can look that good, but it does!! I mix it with sheer fluid and use the brush and I get the most amazing results, etheral is a good word to describe it... I havent tried it with primer or anything, and I never use powder, and it lasts beautifully... I had to review because yesterday I had it on from 1 to about 2:30 am and i can hoenstly say i didnt touch up ONCE! I have combo skin which is prone to breakouts, and Ive been using this for about 2 months, and it has not done anything bad to my skin. HG!!

on 10/23/2007 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this foundation; it's my HG. I wear this foundation and when I go to Neiman's the MAs cannot tell I'm wearing foundation. They tell me to stick with whatever I am wearing because it looks super natural. I used to wear Vincent Longo Water Canvas before finding this, but this foundation looks smoother on my skin and it's a better color match as well. Although, VLWC feels like I have nothing on, as opposed to LSF because I can feel it on especially if I apply too much. Also, yes the packing is annoying. The glass bottle is beautiful, but it's hard to tell how much is left, and the pump dispenses a tiny bit too much. I steered clear from liquid foundations for a few years as I hated having to spend so much time making sure they didn't streak, but this foundation melts into my skin; it's easier for me to use this than a compact powder foundation (I wore StudioFix for years). I have repurchased this so many times and I'm stocked up for at least two years.