Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

on 9/4/2018 3:39:00 AM

This lives up to the hype. I often gets samples before buying and this one blew me away. So gorgeous and really does look just like skin. This and hourglass veil primer are a match made in heaven!

on 8/25/2018 7:34:00 AM

The coverage is gorgeous, if you have oily or combination skin then this is definitely for you! If you have dry skin, then use your normal nourishing moisturiser before application as this formula is oil free. It allows my skin to breathe as well which Studio Fix sometimes didn't. This is a kind of expensive price but it really is worth it, it's a highly spreadable formula so it lasts a long time.

on 8/5/2018 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

s a 45 + woman of color, I was delighted to find this foundation. I use No 13. The foundation is AMAZING. I love the texture. It is silky and very light but it is buildable. I actually apply it with my fingers and the amazing thing is that once I have rubbed it in a circular motion on my face, my fingers are barely stained! I also love the feel because I do not feel like I am wearing a mask. It really does feel like second skin. I absolutely love the flawless finish. This is for someone who wants to look flawless and natural. I have recently bought the Armani bronze finish powder which I apply lightly to the cheekbones and bridge of the nose for a natural glowing look. I must say that although it is pricey, I use a very small amount. I can finally say adieu to MAC NW50 and welcome to my Armani Luminous Silk Foundation 13. May you live forever!

I have been trying out a lot of foundations recently and this one is amazing. I find that this foundation looks best when applied with a brush and buffed into the skin. It is a medium coverage but buildable to full if desired. It doesn’t look cakey or flat on the skin. It has a nice satin finish and is indeed luminous. It gives the skin a healthy glow, it doesn’t look at all oily or greasy though. It lasts well throughout the day, not separating, fading or transferring. It lasts well through heat, humidity and sweat also which is a bonus if you live in a hot climate! I love how this looks and feels on my skin. The only downside is the price, it is $99AUD. However, if you have the money to invest in this product I would highly recommend it! It lives up to its reputation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my alltime holygrail foundation, and the ONLY FOUNDATION I use. The lightest shade (2) is my exact colour match and I havnt been able to find a single other foundation that matches this shade. I have bought over 15 bottles and will continue until it's discontinued(hopefully never). Its around 72 CAD which sucks but I cant give it up. I'm constantly getting compliments from people about how good my skin looks and always getting questions about what foundation I wear. I always recommend this foundation to others.

on 7/23/2018 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

If it’s any testament to how much I love this foundation, I’ve repurchased 5x. I wear 5.75 and am about nc25-30. This is my hg foundation. It gives me the most velvety skin like texture while making my skin glow and providing medium coverage. I apply with my fingers then go back in with a damp BB to blend. I use nars soft matte concealer with this and the end result is flawless natural looking skin. I have dry skin and this doesn’t emphasize flakiness. It’s important to use setting powder as it does transfer. I find it works best without a primer. It just melts into my skin and makes my less than perfect acne scarred skin look flawless. I will add that I only use this when I don’t have a lot of texture to my skin (i.e. cystic acne) as I find it emphasizes that. But when my skin is in good condition this is my absolute favorite foundation.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is consistently a fantastic foundation.
This is skin like satin finish with high medium coverage and it doesn’t sink into fine lines at all (if you are having issues with that avoid putting primer on the fine lines, the more product you put there the worst you’ll notice them.)
3.75 is a good match, a little more pink than ususally but looos fine blended in to my NW10 skin. (Could be just a little lighter but it works)
Shade 2 works too but is a tinge too yellow for me
This gives a beautiful natural lightly powdered skin look.
This is used by makeup artist world wide and for good reason, it’s unlike any other.
Perfect on my dry skin and patches

This is not Dewey and it doesn’t claim to be, if you read the box or description before buying it tells you it has a satin finish so I’m not sure why some reviews take points off for that..
It’s called luminous silk and if you think of silk you can see why in the finish, the dimension it has and how it reacts to lighting... it really is like silk.

This is in my top faves and I have tried over 1k foundations.
This is currently number one! The rest are
La Mer the soft longwear foundation
Hourglass vanish
Tom Ford traceless perfecting foundation
L’Oréal infallible pro glow (similar to luminous silk really but has lots less dimension)
Huda beauty foundation

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

So let me tell you, I have tried all kinds of foundations, im a "foundation Junkie".
This was actually one of my first high end foundations and I bought it around 4,5 years ago.
I am mixed so my undertone is olive/yellow-ish. And i found that this foundtion really carters amazingly to my undertone.

I love the satin, luminous like finish and the fact that you can build it. It doesn't cake my face or even show my texture to much.
i always would go back to this foundation so that I decided to stick with it.

For me it lasts quite long I have dry to combination skin and prep with moistruizer.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my favourite foundation, it's just too bad it's so expensive (well it IS Giorgi Armani..)
I find that this foundation works perfectly with my combination skin, oily t-zone and chin and dry flaky skin around my nose. I love the coverage of this, to me this is light and is PERFECT for me as I hate cakey full coverage foundations on my skin and find that they never work for me. Instead I find that this enhances my skin and I like how I can still see freckles under it. This foundation does not dry my skin out and makes my skin look really healthy. I pair this with the Laura Mercier translucent powder and find that it's perfect. I will continue to buy this even though of the price because I LOVE it.
I would imagine that this foundation wouldn't be very suitable for someone with very oily skin as this is not a long-wearing matte foundation. If you have oily skin I'd recommend setting it with a good setting powder.

on 5/17/2018 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

First off, this is not for oily skin. This would be perfect for normal to dry skin. I have oily skin BUT I use this foundation after I do a face mask that dries my skin out. It is soooo beautiful and makes my face look like I’m glowing! On my oily skin days though, it does not last at all, it will last about 3 to 4 hours then get super oily and break down. A primer definitely helps though! So all in all I would recommend it to normal-dry skin, it’s a great foundation and it doesnt look cakey. It’s expensive but worth it if you have the right skin type for it