Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by age: 36-43
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

on 10/17/2017 2:13:00 PM

I had such high hopes for this foundation after reading/watching hundreds of reviews but... this was one of my biggest disappointments in makeup purchases in general. Leaving aside the fact that it's so pricey, I could never imagine my skin reacting to any makeup product the way it did with this foundation. Although I have fairly normal/combination skin, which is not sensitive to any makeup and doesn't break out, this foundation caused so much problems for my skin:( although it promises luminous skin look and supposedly works great on most skin types, it looked so dry in places, clinging to my skin, mostly forehead, looking patchy and uneven. I'm neutral undertone and I found 4.5 shade to be too yellow, in general hard to get the right shade for fair neutral skin tone. I would be happy with the coverage it gives as I never look for full coverage in foundation, however there's something in its formula that's absolutely not working on my skin. I started feeling really itchy almost immediately after applying it and by the end of the day, my face was covered in rash, which I never ever had from any other makeup product. I decided to give it another go after my skin completely cleared out, prepping as normally would with any other foundation and unfortunately got the same reaction. Oh well, going back to my holy grail Shiseido Synchro Skin Lasting Foundation.

I don't understand the hype over this foundation. It makes my well-cared-for, moisturized, exfoliated skin look like the Sahara desert while simultaneously turning my normal-to-moderately-oily T-zone into an oil slick. Amazing.

It emphasizes every fine line, dry patch, and pore on my face. And I cannot, for the life of me, find a shade that matches me (and I am what I consider a fairly common fair/light Caucasion skin tone). It very much looks like makeup no matter how sheerly I have attempted to apply it...I have also tried it over multiple different primers with no significant change in performance. Not once, not twice, but THREE times I have given this a try and I have ended up returning the product to Sephora each time (thank goodness for their great return policy). I'm done with this. It's great that it works out as HG status for so many, but GA has somehow gone very far afield from what works for my skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i had heard so much hype on this product i was very excited to try it. i had my color matched for me at the armani counter. the color right away seemed a tad orange for me but it was the best match they had. kind of disappointing for the price but my biggest problem is that is so drying on my skin. i do have very dry skin, and have to be very picky about my concealers. (I've been loving make up forever full cover concealer) so, back to their foundation: as soon as i apply it it starts to settle into tiny little flakes and pores that were invisible before i applied it. sort of the opposite of what it's supposed to do, right? i expect more from armani products. i see other reviewers had the same experience. and still others adore this. my take: if you have dry skin, mature skin, or large pores, skip this one.

on 1/29/2015 11:51:00 AM

I really didnt like this foundation at all. First of all i like lightweight foundations, which looks like a second skin on my face. After applying this you can clearly see that you did put on a foundation. The second thing is, and it is more important for me, this accentuated my pores. I have relatively larger pores on the sides of my nose and when i put this on, it just sits in my pores and makes them look even more obvious. I will stick my hg foundation; yves saint laurent le teint touche eclat. It looks dewy and has a much more natural finish than armani.

I wanted to like this but just could not find a good match. I will stick with the NARS sheer glow in Syracuse. Looks flawless on me. Too much pink in the # 8.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This was really disappointing. I specifically bought this foundation FROM the Armani flagship store on 5th Ave and NOT a department store cosmetic counter, upon recommendation from the beauty consultant there. I bought the foundation, the Armani blender brush and a creme blush for $175...not a small amount for 3 products.

This is the most "slippery", "oily" foundation I have ever used. It looks "greasy" on my skin- not "dewy", not "luminous"... moreover, it FEELS greasy. Using a sheer powder over it (Chanel or Clinque) doesn't seem to help and I feel like I'm defeating what the foundation is touted to do (by beauty editors and magazines all over)

I have pretty "average" not oily/not dry skin. In fact, the consultant at Armani commented on how "dry" my current foundation looked (MAC Studio Fix) and lathered me up with their Crema Nera moisturizer before applying the Luminous Silk. I have tried all different types of moisturizers with the product, and nothing, from a creme to a lotion to a gel seems to combat the shine. I've even tried it with no moisturizer at all and I'm still slick after an hour. It does cover well, and I've used it to "spot even" my complexion, but then I get greasy patches- not so much on my cheeks- but my nose and forehead are awful. Bare faced I don't have this much oiliness. By midday it's completely slipped off my face, along with the creme blush.

I would say unless your skin is extremely dry, this foundation might be disappointing for you. I'm sad- I was ready to love it.

on 4/8/2006 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

All I had was a sample of this, but I am glad I didn't buy it. Two days after I wore this, I noticed little bumps all over the side of my face where I applied this. As the week went on, the little bumps started to itch and burn!
Apparently, there is something in this foundation that I am sensitive to, although I am not sure what. I read the ingredients, and nothing was unusual to me. Good thing I tested this foundation on only one side of my face. That is how I am certain it was this product that caused the reaction.Too bad, because it seemed like a fairly good product, and I do love Armani eyeshadows. Guess I just have to stick with my Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation (which is actually excellent). continued >>

on 8/27/2005 1:39:00 PM

I had great hopes for this - it seemed to get rave reviews everywhere. It did nothing for me. I am used to my foundation not showing on my skin - but not this one. It sat on my skin and the colour was wrong (this was purchased on the adviser's opinion that the shade was right for me.) It certainly did not make me look luminous. Yet another foundation disappointment.

on 5/7/2005 6:44:00 PM

I just can't seem to figure this foundation out. I'd heard such rave reviews and bought it because it seemed good on application at the store. But I have tried and tried and everytime I put it on, despite what's under or over it, or how I apply it (brush, sponge, fingers) it looks horrible. It makes my pores stand out as lighter than the rest of my face, streaks and looks very unnatural. I noticed if I try to blot it, I can get it to look OK and actually then like the luminosity, but this is too much trouble! I guess I'm back to my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer for now...

on 3/14/2017 12:57:00 PM

I tried two testers from this foundation and all I can say that if you have an oily and acne prone skin like mine, this is not for you.