Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Other age: 25-29
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

4.4

I found that this foundation was too heavy coverage. It felt like it sat on top of the skin. It didn't give me a dewy look as I have had from other foundations. The color selection was too orange for my skin tone.

Im not sure what all the excitment is about on this foundation. The colors are weird and Its not all that great compared to other luminous foundations. Its good but not the best and not enough to buy again, especially sence they dont have a good color for me.

Ack! finally figured out what was breaking me out bad! This stuff breaks me out everytime I use it and I haven't changed anything else in my routine. I only loved the dewy look for a minute so I quickly returned this. It's pretty, has good coverage, moisturizing and luminious but not worth the money. La Mer and Laura Mercier is much better! IMO

on 3/8/2014 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

THE FORMULA:
Firstly, this is a good pick for DRY SKIN, not recommended for oily skin whatsoever. LIGHT MEDIUM to BUILDABLE coverage. This foundation is runny, but not so runny that it becomes difficult to apply. It is water based so it does not have an emollient like consistecy, however it is good for dry skin. LOOKS BEAUTIFULLY LUMINOUS WHEN FIRST APPLIED. I was going through a period of very dry flakey skin when I purchased this foundation to wear at my sisters wedding. It applied very well without catching onto the dry patches, but I did apply a very rich night cream the day before the wedding to ensure that my makeup does not cling to my dry skin. Overall the formula is GOOD but at $90 Australian Dollars I had expected it to be faultless.

THE COLOR RANGE:
Giorgio Armani uses a very odd numbering system (4, 5, 5.75, 6, 6.5, 7 ect) and is very confusing because the numbers do not necessary indicate the darkness of the shades in ascending order. I found shade 5 to be darker than shade 6. There is also no particular order for undertones. For instances, 5 is pink, 6 is yellow, 6.5 is reddish, 7 is pink. It is best to head to the counter and get a professional colormatch. Mine was spot on, I am SHADE 6.5 and for reference I wear STROMBOLI in Nars Sheer Glow NC35-40 in Mac Studio Tech and TAWNY in Estee Lauder Double Wear.

APPLICATION:
I applied this with a BEAUTYBLENDER. Because I have dry skin this was the best option for me. Ideally it should be buffed into the skin with a Kabuki if your skin can tolerate it. I would not recommend applying this with your fingers simply because this will result in a very sheer application.

STAYING POWER:
This foundation is definitely not long wearing. It will start to fade in the T-zone and breakdown after 5 HOURS MAX

THE VERDICT:
I will not buy this again mainly due to poor staying power and $90 AUD price tag!!!!

Check out my blog for more info and pics: http://arwaselixir.blogspot.com.au/

on 4/4/2016 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a pretty great "event foundation", it provides medium coverage that doesn't look dull. In a way it reminds me of MUFE HD as it looks great in photographs but with a better finish in person. Unfortunately, application can be tricky as it tends to exaggerate dry spots or pores when applied in a hurry or with the wrong tools. The other problem is that the shade selection is not ideal - I got a warm/yellow shade and it still looked too beige and this seems to be the case in the light-medium shades as a whole. Overall, make sure to get a sample to test it because even though it is a great foundation, it is pricy and a bit tricky to apply. I personally won't use it as an every day foundation.

Light to medium buildable coverage. Very natural looking. Looks like you didn't wear any foundation. Long lasting. But for my acne scars, I need several layers to cover them up. Which is the reason I switched to GA lasting uv foundation. A great product for people with less skin problem.

on 1/22/2010 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have been wearing this foundation (No. 9) for 2 years now and keep repurchasing it.

What I love about it:
- it is the perfect match for those that find MAC's NC44 too yellow
- gives a very natural finish
- medium buildable coverage
- looks beautiful on photos, i.e. no ghost face

What I don't like about it:
- the price; it retails for around 45

on 10/18/2006 10:51:00 AM

I keep coming back to this as my favorite foundation. It leaves a nice satiny finish to my combo skin, and it evens out my skintone (concealer is needed for blemishes, etc). I would say this has medium coverage. I do have to blot once during the day (sometimes twice if I'm freshening up to go out at night). My skin sometimes looks a little oily by the end of the day, but I don't care for matte foundation, so that's okay with me. I wish they would improve the pump because I waste a lot of product. I also think there's a lot left in the bottle after it seems to run out, but you can't remove the pump to get it out. It's expensive, but I definitely think it's worth it!

on 1/20/2017 8:49:00 PM

Holy Grail and im very hard to please. This is a beautiful foundation, my only regret is not finding it sooner.

Its a medium coverage but can be built up to full or sheared out. It glides on like a dream, it has lots of playtime so it doesnt dry too quickly, its so easy to blend, doesn't sit in pores or fine lines, I can put it under my eyes and dont have to worry about creasing, it covers all my redness as I get dry rosacea on my cheeks, it doesn't cling to dry patches or look cakey. Its luminous but slightly matt at the same time if that makes sense. Its also very neutral toned.

I usually wear Double wear foundation and I do really love it but I find that it clings to my dry skin if I dont prime extremly well and even then it can look cakey and sometimes it settles into lines and can show up dry patches so ive been on the hunt for something similar but more suited to my skin type and Luminous silk is definitely it. I have a feeling it might not suit very oily skin types so id say get a sample if youre unsure, it seems like its more suited to normal/dry skin.

Its expensive but worth it in my opinion and anyway its only 5 euro more than Double wear so I dont feel im spending much more than I usually would anyway.

Edit to add, I took a bad reaction to a new cleanser recently, I rarely get spots but this new cleanser left me with a rash on my forehead, painful cystic spots on my temples and chin and little red spots every where else, it also left my skin very dry, Luminous Silk was a god send for me, it covered all my redness and evened my skin tone with two pumps without causing any further irritation. I love this foundation!!

This is an HG foundation and it's worth every single penny. I got mine I shade 4 which is so the wrong shade for me but I sould at least be a 5 or 6 but it still works for me I like that it is silky and it does have a sheen like silk. When it's on the skin It feels so nice and not heavy at all this just an amazing foundation and I would repurchase this over and over again I even got my sister on it and she loves it too!