Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by age: 36-43
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

on 9/20/2001 10:16:00 AM

Wow, this has become my best foundation of the bunch! Very silky smooth texture and blends very well with lots of slip. I am wearing 2, colors start at 0 so even a PPP should be able to find her color here, lol. The pump bottle is a problem, too much comes out so you've got to work with this to get the right amount. That and the price ($42) make it a "let me think on it" purchase, but if you go for it you won't be sorry! Great coverage, beautiful colors, interesting smell (slightly industrial and quirky), modern packaging, a winner in most categories.

on 12/8/2001 12:56:00 PM

I DON'T OFTEN WRITE REVIEWS, BUT...THIS IS IT.. THE HOLY GRAIL OF PERFECT FOUNDATIONS. SHEER BUT DEFINITE COVERAGE. GREAT SHADES. MIXED WITH THEIR FLUID SHEER (A SLIGHTLY OPALESCENT NUDE SHEER PRIMER)IN #7, MY SKIN LOOKED FLAWLESS,AND 5 YEARS YOUNGER. LOOKED LIKE I SPENT A FORTUNE AT THE DERM DOING YOU KNOW WHAT...FYI MET PAT MCGRATH AT THE EVENT YESTERDAY. WHAT A FAB LADY. THE PRODUCT LINE IS SUPERB. ESPECIALLY FACE AND CHEEK PRODUCTS. GET TO NYC SAKS IF YOU CAN ...BEST LINE I HAVE SEEN IN YEARS. MORE...MORE...

two years later. i have not switched. i do see now that #8 lsf mixed with #2 fluid sheer is perfect for my self tanning, an #6.5 and #2 fluid sheer is great for my lighter complexion days. i think I was one of the first to review this and i still stand by it...

its now 2006 and i still wear lsf... i range from 6.5 -8. right now i am a 7 , slightly self tanned. i cannot and have not found a better foundation

on 4/16/2002 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Giorgio Armani foundation is expensive but worth it. I don't care for the pump as it is difficult to control the amount that comes out of the bottle. I am going to switch this foundation to a completely different bottle. I love the sheerness and the texture of this foundation. I love that their is no scent. All in all I think this is an excellent product.

on 10/23/2002 1:02:00 AM

After hearing all of the raves for this foundation, I called the Saks in NY and had samples sent to me in numbers 4, 5 and 6 (I wear Bobbi Brown Beige, MAC Studiofix NW25 and Becca Toast). Number 6 was a perfect match, and I have since ordered a full-sized bottle and have been wearing it for the last couple of weeks - flawless! You control how sheer you want it, or build up for more coverage during breakouts, etc. My new holy grail of foundations - MUAers have the best recommendations!

on 1/12/2003 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Ok, this is my new HG! I called and ordered some samples from Saks NYC and was sent samples of #2, #3,#4, and #5. # 4 turned out to be the best match. I vary between a MAC NC30 (summer) and NC20 (winter). #4 was actually a bit light, so when I ordered, I got #4, and #5.5 (#5 was a bit too orangy). I mix the two depending on my current coloring (I try to keep a bit of a self-tan on).

Wear is terrific. I have combo/oily/acne prone skin that is starting to look its age (38). This imparts a nice luminescence that isn't dewy...more like matte with a bit of a glow. I'll put it on, sometimes over Smashbox primer, and it lasts all day without sinking into my pores. Rave!!!

on 10/2/2003 5:32:00 PM

I wanted to love this. Really, I did. I have heard so many raves. But, man! What a disappointment! At first, it looks great. But, it made my pores look huge, oily after a short time, faded in other areas and, worst of all, I BROKE OUT BADLY! Grrr! Up for swap!

The Cadillac of foundations. So many shades to choose from you can't not find a colormatch. Melds into the skin perfectly faking a flawless canvas. But at $55.00 a bottle it bloody better be good!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm just discovering that Armani line is all about texture. Their LSF is some of the best foundation ever. Having a bad luck with Becca (doesn't react well with my dry skin) this one is definitely a winner. #4 is a tad pinker than my asian, naturally-yellow tone skin but it wears like silk on my dry skin. It doesn't accentuate any dry patches or fine lines and love the soft fragrance. The coverage is light to medium, and it does creases on my frownlines if powdered too heavily, so I usually skip powder and add either cream blush/powder blush on top.

If you are in the market for a new foundation, this one is worth checking out. It is a bit costly but very much worth it. continued >>

My skin type; Dry.

Pros;
Very nice, natural looking coverage, that comes in a pump dispenser. 1 ounce/30ml.

Cons;
Fragranced, with an opaque bottle, which makes it impossible to tell how much product remains.

It didn't blend well on my dry skin. If my skin wasn't very balanced, it would emphasize my dry areas. However, on the areas with minimal or no dryness, (or on the days my skin cooperated) this product looked amazing. I really loved it.

I don't think I would purchase this again, I have a full bottle, and at the rate I use it, it will last forever.

Price is a bit high, but would only be worth it if I didn't have to worry about "blendability".

This is a great foundation, which I wanted to love so badly....but it just doesn't work for me. First its high points: the color spectrum is beautiful and this is the first line in which I've ever found a perfect match. The pump bottle is practical, hygienic and pretty. But the LSF itself is a bit schizophrenic - it can't seem to decide if it wants to be silky or powdery. When it goes on, it feels light and airy and seems like it will stay that way, but then it transforms into a different finish which hangs onto every dry patch and settles into lines. If it would only stay dewy and moist on me, I would have happily stopped my search for the perfect foundation, but alas, this isn't it. (I should add that in addition to an actual color in the LSF (#2) that I was reviewing above, I also use the #0, a white shade. This I'd review in a different manner and I'd give it high marks. Because I only use a tiny dab of it as a color corrector for other too-dark foundations, the overall texture isn't an issue and it works great. It's awfully expensive just to use in this way though, and since I only use a tiny amount at a time, it'll probably go bad long before I have a chance to use it up. Wish other companies would make a product like this as well!)