Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Straight age: 25-29
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.7

on 4/22/2002 6:56:00 AM

This is a great medium coverage foundation for most skin-types (maybe not for the VERY oily ones though)that evens out and covers flaws really well. I own shade #1 which is almost too light for my pale skin (Stila "a", MAC NC15). The LSF is very long-lasting and easy to spread with fingers/ brush/ sponge. There are two small drawbacks: 1) It contains light-reflecting particles which are a bit obvious on bright summer days. 2) It's hard to control the amount you get with the pump dispenser. You need only so little to cover your whole face that one pump is almost too much for one application. All in all this is my favourite foundation if my skin has to look perfect for evenings out.

UPDATE: I now have #2, too. This is only slightly darker and suits my skin very well- I was very surprised that this shade is non-shimmery unlike #1, so if you didn't like #1 give #2 a try! continued >>

on 2/18/2003 11:50:00 AM

A really good MUA friend of mine gave me this for Christmas and it is one of my favorite foundations. Although the color LSF #4 is a tad light (I normally wear LM Moisturizing in Sunny beige/LM TM in Nude or Sand) it becomes perfect as the day wears on because foundations turn a little dark on me as they mix with the oils on my skin. Great coverage and smooth. It doesn't irritate or dry out my skin. I love it.

on 4/1/2003 5:57:00 PM

I tried a sample of this from another user. I have combo skin, with an oily T-zone at the end of the day and this foundation gets way too greasy through the T-zone for me. I also prefer more coverage, this is pretty sheer for me. I may try the Matte foundation though...

on 1/5/2005 2:36:00 PM

I bought this in Vegas at the Bellagio and I didn't like it at first. My husband said my face looked "sweaty". Since I have combo skin, it did shine up easily. But then I stopped using my heavy moisturizer with it. I think this foundation is moisturizing enough on its own. During the day I used my super-light Neutrogena active sunscreen and it didn't contribute to the greasies. I now love this foundation. I use it when I want to look glowy. It lasts all day. I also love the yellow-based shades since I'm a latina with light-medium-olive skin. Too bad it's so expensive, but I've seen it cheaper on ebay. btw, I use shade #6.

I would like to give this 4.5 lippies coz I absolutely adore this foundation! I am a true foundation junkie -- I have bought and tried almost every foundation out there and GA LSF is one of my favourites! It seems to fit my preferences perfectly -- I like coverage, but not so much that it looks masky ... I also like a natural glowy finish, but nothing too greasy or shiney looking. And this is just perfect that way. I have normal slightly combo skin and think it does work best for normal skins ... I do notice that whenever I have the odd dry flake, it isn't very forgiving but I don't get those often, so that's ok. I also ended up buying 2 different shades (#4 and #5) because I couldn't get an exact match ... I first got #5 and then went back for #4 as well to do a mix ... #4 is yellow enough but just a tad light ... #5 is the right depth, but not enough yellow, so I mix both and it is just fine. I can get away with #4 or #5 mixed with some fluid sheer, but if I want to wear it straight for max coverage, I prefer the mix of #4 and #5. I'm guessing my true match is somewhere between 2 parts #4 and 1 part #6 (which is way too dark for me, but the right amount of yellow!). It's too bad the 4.5 and 5.5 shades were too orangey and that there isn't one bottle that is a true match for my olivey NC25/C3 skintone. However, I like how this foundation makes my skin look and how it performs enough to make do and can overlook most of that! :)

on 10/23/2007 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this foundation; it's my HG. I wear this foundation and when I go to Neiman's the MAs cannot tell I'm wearing foundation. They tell me to stick with whatever I am wearing because it looks super natural. I used to wear Vincent Longo Water Canvas before finding this, but this foundation looks smoother on my skin and it's a better color match as well. Although, VLWC feels like I have nothing on, as opposed to LSF because I can feel it on especially if I apply too much. Also, yes the packing is annoying. The glass bottle is beautiful, but it's hard to tell how much is left, and the pump dispenses a tiny bit too much. I steered clear from liquid foundations for a few years as I hated having to spend so much time making sure they didn't streak, but this foundation melts into my skin; it's easier for me to use this than a compact powder foundation (I wore StudioFix for years). I have repurchased this so many times and I'm stocked up for at least two years.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

IM SO IN LOVE!!! This makes my skin look so fantastic I stare at myself all day lol I cant believe that my skin can look that good, but it does!! I mix it with sheer fluid and use the brush and I get the most amazing results, etheral is a good word to describe it... I havent tried it with primer or anything, and I never use powder, and it lasts beautifully... I had to review because yesterday I had it on from 1 to about 2:30 am and i can hoenstly say i didnt touch up ONCE! I have combo skin which is prone to breakouts, and Ive been using this for about 2 months, and it has not done anything bad to my skin. HG!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Background: I have warm-toned, fair, Asian, sensitive, acne-prone combination skin that is more on the oily side. Fluid foundations I've used are: Chanel Teint Fluide Universel (20 Clair), Chanel Teint Innocent and Teint Naturel; Estee Lauder Double Wear (Ecru); Neutrogena Healthy Skin and Skin Clearing Oil-Free (Softest Gold and Golden Bisque), Mary Kay Medium Coverage (Ivory 200), Laura Mercier Oil-Free (Golden Beige), Shu Uemura Face Architect Smoothing Fluid (774), and this foundation.

Pro - Color Match
I bought this in both 4 and 4.5. The latter was way too orange for my skin tone, but shade 4 mixed very well with my skin.

Pro - Application
This glides on extremely well. I tried it with fingers, brush and sponge. I think I just prefer fingers but there wasn't much of a difference. It looks very natural in a "too good to be true" kind of way.

Mostly Pro - Texture and Coverage
It's has a bit of a creamy consistency that is great for giving medium to full coverage. I feel it did an amazing job in covering my shallow acne-scars. For bright blemishes, I had to use additional concealer. I'm trying to tone down on the foundation so I won't be using a medium to full fdn, and this will no longer be purchased because of that.

Con - Lasting Quality
Right after application, it looks AMAZING on my skin. No flaws at all, but since my skin is oily as it is, I noticed with this my skin appeared oiler. The foundation seemed to end up sliding off because of the extra oil generated. If it had not been for this, I would have given this 5 lippies.

Other Cons
This is sold at ONE store in the country I live in. One store. Also it's even more outrageously priced than the American prices. This is another reason I will not be repurchasing for my own use.

Remarks
Though my skin is very acne-prone, this didn't give me any noticeable acne. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is above their 30s and doesn't have oily skin. It would have been my HG had it not looked so oily on me. Over this, I prefer Shu Uemura's FA Smoothing Fluid Fdn.

on 8/5/2008 12:03:00 AM

PROS: It applies like a dream and it lasted on my face longer than i expected
CONS: it gets in my fine lines around my mouth and eyes, it gets oily very fast,coverage sheer to medium, i can't find a good color match ...4 is too light, 4,5 is too orange (closest match), 5 is too pink , 5.5 too dark and orange. The sales lady told me to buy fluid sheer in 1 and mix it with 5 to get the right color but i think the fluid has too much shimmer in it ...

on 5/22/2009 8:35:00 AM

This is the most amazing foundation ever, best suited for combination/oily skin, it gives nice sheer coverage but you can build on it, the colour choices are also very good, I use 5.5 in winterr ( to add a bit of colour) and in summer (to get more deeper couls just sweep a bit of bronzer).

This foundation doesnt clog pores and doesnt cause break outs it has awsome feel as if you have nothing on, this product is worth the money