Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

on 6/18/2001 3:06:00 AM

This foundation is exactly what its name implies! My perfect foundation for evenings. A medium coverage which erases all flaws, and makes the skin seem silky and healthy. It lasts well, and puts a relative halt to shine without emphasising dry patches. Comes in a sophisticated looking pump bottle.

on 9/20/2001 10:16:00 AM

Wow, this has become my best foundation of the bunch! Very silky smooth texture and blends very well with lots of slip. I am wearing 2, colors start at 0 so even a PPP should be able to find her color here, lol. The pump bottle is a problem, too much comes out so you've got to work with this to get the right amount. That and the price ($42) make it a "let me think on it" purchase, but if you go for it you won't be sorry! Great coverage, beautiful colors, interesting smell (slightly industrial and quirky), modern packaging, a winner in most categories.

on 11/11/2001 8:31:00 PM

Love the finish of this foundation. It makes my dry skin appear dewy & fresh. The color match is great (I'm a Stila B & it's #2) & the scent is faint. I don't like the pump-you can't control the amount that comes out. And it is expensive.But I'm pretty sure I will repurchase.

on 12/8/2001 12:56:00 PM

I DON'T OFTEN WRITE REVIEWS, BUT...THIS IS IT.. THE HOLY GRAIL OF PERFECT FOUNDATIONS. SHEER BUT DEFINITE COVERAGE. GREAT SHADES. MIXED WITH THEIR FLUID SHEER (A SLIGHTLY OPALESCENT NUDE SHEER PRIMER)IN #7, MY SKIN LOOKED FLAWLESS,AND 5 YEARS YOUNGER. LOOKED LIKE I SPENT A FORTUNE AT THE DERM DOING YOU KNOW WHAT...FYI MET PAT MCGRATH AT THE EVENT YESTERDAY. WHAT A FAB LADY. THE PRODUCT LINE IS SUPERB. ESPECIALLY FACE AND CHEEK PRODUCTS. GET TO NYC SAKS IF YOU CAN ...BEST LINE I HAVE SEEN IN YEARS. MORE...MORE...

two years later. i have not switched. i do see now that #8 lsf mixed with #2 fluid sheer is perfect for my self tanning, an #6.5 and #2 fluid sheer is great for my lighter complexion days. i think I was one of the first to review this and i still stand by it...

its now 2006 and i still wear lsf... i range from 6.5 -8. right now i am a 7 , slightly self tanned. i cannot and have not found a better foundation

on 12/19/2001 9:27:00 AM

The main problem with this range is that it doesn't cater adequately for pink to neutral-toned skin. Everything is just too yellow, apart from shade #5, which would be about the third shade up in most ranges, medium pink-beige. As a Chantecaille FS Vanilla (light with both pink and yellow tones) I found #2 was the right value, but far too yellow. #1 is even lighter, but again, very yellow. The GA MA was however able to blend a suitable tone for me by adding the #2 (pink) Fluid Sheer - but of course this doubles the price of the product and there's no guarantee you'd get the blend right at home. Coverage was good on the even parts of my skin, sort of matte but glowy, and I was pleased that I could build it up from light to medium simply by adding layers. The high silicone content gives it great 'slip', which makes it easy to blend. It covers pores and slight redness well. I was less impressed with the way it accentuated both my dry, flaky patches and my tendency to oiliness. It would definitely work better on someone with more even-textured skin. But if you have no pink undertones and no flakiness, you may fare better, because there are a lot of things to like about this.

i finally got my luminous silk foundation...how gorgeous. the colour (#5) is a bit on the pinker side, but it's still yellow based, so that's ok. the girl at saks in ny, chrissy, is awesome. i ordered from toronto and she was just great in getting everything to me. the product is a little pricey, especially for us canadians, but what a stunning finish it leaves on your skin. definitely worth the money and the hassle of ordering...

on 2/8/2002 3:32:00 PM

Finally went and bought this much talked about foundation, I found #4 to be a pretty good match for me. This foundation looks natural on, lasted all day, looks really fresh. I dont really need to wear foundation, but I like the polished look, so a few drops of this is needed.. I can see this bottle will last me a while. Retail $42.

on 3/3/2002 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This foundation made my skin look flawless. My skin looked creamy, supple and youthful. The finish is dewy but not shiny or shimmery. It gives medium coverage. This is not oil-free so oily-skin should beware.

on 3/10/2002 9:01:00 PM

I use #2 and am BB Warm Ivory, MacNC20, Stila B and VLWC Creme Beige. This is a wonderful foundation that provides a polished look. When you first put it on it may not seem to settle well but give it 10 mins. and your skin will look flawless. I have combo skin that is sensitive. I would definitely say this is a must try. The pump lives a little to be desired as it can sometimes get clogged.

on 3/13/2002 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

An amazing foundation! I would say my favourite right now. It gives me this great luminous, glowing look, but very natural (not cakey or heavy) at the same time. You could layer it for a more medium finish though I prefere it very light just to slightly even out the complexion. It looks good in daylight and in the evening- which is often not the case. One thing I personally find is NOT to use a foundation brush, but rather a wet sponge and pat it in! It looks so much nicer, because the brush kinda leaves it sitting on top of the skin, while the wet sponge really helps it settle and stay put for hours! I do not recommend this foundation for oily skins as it will be too shiny obviously- go for the matte one. Great stuff this foundation and I totally recommend! Also another plus u will most definitely find a colour match since it has soooo many colours to select from! UPDATE: Well I have tried LM Moisturising Foundation (again) and find that it gives a much better finish for me- It stays put much better than LSF, which I find quite important. Also it doesnt accent dry patches or settles into pores as much as the LSF. By stays put I mean it melts into my skin and stays there whereas the LSF doesnt melt in that well as some have noted and just sits on top of the skin. Also sometimes it just doesnt 'stick' to some parts like some have mentioned before. I still like this foundation and have actually repurchased it, but I think I will stick with LM for a while now. LSF is still great and I will probably alternate between this and LM. I m not surprised that so many MU artists and celebrities love her! I get that 'flawless face' with her. continued >>