3.9

$64.00 on Saks Fifth Avenue
Shop Now

Reviews

2 years ago

s a 45 + woman of color, I was delighted to find this foundation. I use No 13. The foundation is AMAZING. I love the texture. It is silky and very light but it is buildable. I actually apply it with my fingers and the amazing thing is that once I have rubbed it in a circular motion on my face, my fingers are barely stained! I also love the feel because I do not feel like I am wearing a mask. It really does feel like second skin. I absolutely love the flawless finish. This is for someone who wants to look flawless and natural. I have recently bought the Armani bronze finish powder which I apply lightly to the cheekbones and bridge of the nose for a natural glowing look. I must say that although it is pricey, I use a very small amount. I can finally say adieu to MAC NW50 and welcome to my Armani Luminous Silk Foundation 13. May you live forever!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark

HairBlond

EyesHazel

2 years ago

My Shade: 4 Other shades that work for me: TF BTW Porcelain, EL Doublewear 1N2 Ecru, MAC C1. I have been trying out a lot of foundations recently and this one is amazing. I find that this foundation looks best when applied with a brush and buffed into the skin. It is a medium coverage but buildable to full if desired. It doesn’t look cakey or flat on the skin. It has a nice satin finish and is indeed luminous. It gives the skin a healthy glow, it doesn’t look at all oily or greasy though. It lasts well throughout the day, not separating, fading or transferring. It lasts well through heat, humidity and sweat also which is a bonus if you live in a hot climate! I love how this looks and feels on my skin. The only downside is the price, it is $99AUD. However, if you have the money to invest in this product I would highly recommend it! It lives up to its reputation.

About reviewer (740 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

This is my alltime holygrail foundation, and the ONLY FOUNDATION I use. The lightest shade (2) is my exact colour match and I havnt been able to find a single other foundation that matches this shade. I have bought over 15 bottles and will continue until it's discontinued(hopefully never). Its around 72 CAD which sucks but I cant give it up. I'm constantly getting compliments from people about how good my skin looks and always getting questions about what foundation I wear. I always recommend this foundation to others.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

from

2 years ago

If it’s any testament to how much I love this foundation, I’ve repurchased 5x. I wear 5.75 and am about nc25-30. This is my hg foundation. It gives me the most velvety skin like texture while making my skin glow and providing medium coverage. I apply with my fingers then go back in with a damp BB to blend. I use nars soft matte concealer with this and the end result is flawless natural looking skin. I have dry skin and this doesn’t emphasize flakiness. It’s important to use setting powder as it does transfer. I find it works best without a primer. It just melts into my skin and makes my less than perfect acne scarred skin look flawless. I will add that I only use this when I don’t have a lot of texture to my skin (i.e. cystic acne) as I find it emphasizes that. But when my skin is in good condition this is my absolute favorite foundation.

About reviewer (259 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

2 years ago

This is consistently a fantastic foundation. This is skin like satin finish with high medium coverage and it doesn’t sink into fine lines at all (if you are having issues with that avoid putting primer on the fine lines, the more product you put there the worst you’ll notice them.) 3.75 is a good match, a little more pink than ususally but looos fine blended in to my NW10 skin. (Could be just a little lighter but it works) Shade 2 works too but is a tinge too yellow for me This gives a beautiful natural lightly powdered skin look. This is used by makeup artist world wide and for good reason, it’s unlike any other. Perfect on my dry skin and patches This is not Dewey and it doesn’t claim to be, if you read the box or description before buying it tells you it has a satin finish so I’m not sure why some reviews take points off for that.. It’s called luminous silk and if you think of silk you can see why in the finish, the dimension it has and how it reacts to lighting... it really is like silk. This is in my top faves and I have tried over 1k foundations. This is currently number one! The rest are La Mer the soft longwear foundation Hourglass vanish Tom Ford traceless perfecting foundation L’Oréal infallible pro glow (similar to luminous silk really but has lots less dimension) Huda beauty foundation

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair

HairRed

2 years ago

My typical "everyday" foundation, although I only wear foundation like a few times a year, is the L'oreal Infallible Pro Matte, which keeps my face perfect . But sometimes it's just a bit too matte, so on special occasions like weddings and stuff when I'm gonna be photographed a lot then I wanted something to give my skin more dimension. Enter Luminous Silk. I wear this over my Skindinavia Primer Spray (Oil Control) and the combination keeps my oils at bay for about 4 - 6 hours. After that I need to blot and powder to stay pretty but that's fine with me. I love the way this makes my skin look, it just looks radiant and flawless (for the first 4-6 hours) like I was born with it, doesn't look like I'm wearing a lot of makeup. I also discovered something about my skintone from experimenting with the lovely Giorgio Armani SAs at Neiman––my neck colour is a shade 4 in Luminous Silk, but my actual face colour is 4.5. My face looks unnatural to me when I wear 4, but it blends in perfectly with my neck. It also makes my skin look brighter, and my eyeshadows (like the gold-copper shade Ambient from Smashbox) show up more beautifully on fairer skin. Unfortunately, if any of the foundation rubs away or if I apply too thin of a layer, then you can see this sitting on my skin which is a different colour. 4.5 looks a little too dark for my neck (just barely, only makeup artists would notice) but it is my actual perfect skin match. I also prefer when my face is a bit darker to mitigate ghostface in flash photography. So yes, I ended up buying the shade 4.5! For reference I'm about NC30 in MAC. I think my neck is more like NC25. Will try this foundation out in a tropical climate where I live, and will also try with setting spray on top to see if it keeps me oil-free for longer!

About reviewer (63 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Medium

2 years ago

I'm always looking for a foundation for my oily, combo skin, and one that lasts. I love the texture of this foundation, which feels thin and inky but not watery. Only a thin layer is needed to get decent coverage, and once applied it leaves a smooth, somewhat matte finish that doesn't look dry. My major concern is with its lasting power. Within 4 hours' time it's mostly disappeared on me. So for its short-term effect I think it's lovely, but for me it's not a powerhouse foundation to get through the day.

About reviewer (140 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

3.0

2 years ago

this foundation is overrated. for my normal to dry skin this foundation works as a mixing foundation, nothing more. emphasize my dryness, sinking in to my fine lines. not luminous enough nearly satin to matte finish.i love more dewy at least satin finish foundations.after 1 hour this foundation looks horrible on my skin, around my t-zone it emphasize every dry patch. only good and the reason i gave 3 star is staying power. packaging is great, pump is controlable. but overall can't justify the price and results.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

2 years ago

So let me tell you, I have tried all kinds of foundations, im a "foundation Junkie". This was actually one of my first high end foundations and I bought it around 4,5 years ago. I am mixed so my undertone is olive/yellow-ish. And i found that this foundtion really carters amazingly to my undertone. I love the satin, luminous like finish and the fact that you can build it. It doesn't cake my face or even show my texture to much. i always would go back to this foundation so that I decided to stick with it. For me it lasts quite long I have dry to combination skin and prep with moistruizer.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinDry, Olive

HairOther

EyesHazel

3.0

2 years ago

Product: 6/10 Colour: 4/10 Not the best shade range Blendability: 8/10 Coverage: Medium, slightly build-able Finish: Demi Mate Price: 3/10 Packaging 10/10 I really wanted to like this product because everyone absolutely raves about it but it was NOT for my skin. This is my review for dry skin, slightly acne prone slightly texture skin. The colour on my skin was wack, I have light skin with rosy undertones but this looked like white out on my face.The next shade with my proper undertone was for medium skin. Foundation blends pretty good but come on its medium coverage, how thick can it be if its mostly water, alcohol denant and cyclopentasiloxane Coverage was disappointing if im using a 70$ foundation i want it to cover at least some of my redness and dont want to have to use multiple layers. The finish is what threw me for the biggest loop, i know some brand like Nars will have foundation names that suggest quite dewy but are more mate or satin but this was medium coverage marketed as luminous so i thought it would have a bit more of a wet look. nope looked quite powdery and drying on the skin Price is expected for a prestige brand but the value isn't there because of the need to build. The packaging is vanity candy though,it just says i'm boujee Overall i'm disappointed and quite surprised because of all the hype, would probably work best for someone who uses a brush for their foundation ( I used hands and brush and brush looks best ) I'd be wary to us with a sponge because its watery and again this is $70 foundation that needs to be build a bit so you'd want all the coverage you can get. I'd suggest this for someone with more normalized oil levels which already has quite smooth skin and little acne and discoloration. The BEST way i got this to work is by mixing some facial oil in to counteract the mattifying effect, spot conceal redness and imperfections with a concealer either before or after and stipple on a layer concentrating on center of face.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair