Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

on 9/4/2018 3:39:00 AM

This lives up to the hype. I often gets samples before buying and this one blew me away. So gorgeous and really does look just like skin. This and hourglass veil primer are a match made in heaven!

on 8/25/2018 7:34:00 AM

The coverage is gorgeous, if you have oily or combination skin then this is definitely for you! If you have dry skin, then use your normal nourishing moisturiser before application as this formula is oil free. It allows my skin to breathe as well which Studio Fix sometimes didn't. This is a kind of expensive price but it really is worth it, it's a highly spreadable formula so it lasts a long time.

on 8/5/2018 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

s a 45 + woman of color, I was delighted to find this foundation. I use No 13. The foundation is AMAZING. I love the texture. It is silky and very light but it is buildable. I actually apply it with my fingers and the amazing thing is that once I have rubbed it in a circular motion on my face, my fingers are barely stained! I also love the feel because I do not feel like I am wearing a mask. It really does feel like second skin. I absolutely love the flawless finish. This is for someone who wants to look flawless and natural. I have recently bought the Armani bronze finish powder which I apply lightly to the cheekbones and bridge of the nose for a natural glowing look. I must say that although it is pricey, I use a very small amount. I can finally say adieu to MAC NW50 and welcome to my Armani Luminous Silk Foundation 13. May you live forever!

I have been trying out a lot of foundations recently and this one is amazing. I find that this foundation looks best when applied with a brush and buffed into the skin. It is a medium coverage but buildable to full if desired. It doesn’t look cakey or flat on the skin. It has a nice satin finish and is indeed luminous. It gives the skin a healthy glow, it doesn’t look at all oily or greasy though. It lasts well throughout the day, not separating, fading or transferring. It lasts well through heat, humidity and sweat also which is a bonus if you live in a hot climate! I love how this looks and feels on my skin. The only downside is the price, it is $99AUD. However, if you have the money to invest in this product I would highly recommend it! It lives up to its reputation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my alltime holygrail foundation, and the ONLY FOUNDATION I use. The lightest shade (2) is my exact colour match and I havnt been able to find a single other foundation that matches this shade. I have bought over 15 bottles and will continue until it's discontinued(hopefully never). Its around 72 CAD which sucks but I cant give it up. I'm constantly getting compliments from people about how good my skin looks and always getting questions about what foundation I wear. I always recommend this foundation to others.

on 7/23/2018 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

If it’s any testament to how much I love this foundation, I’ve repurchased 5x. I wear 5.75 and am about nc25-30. This is my hg foundation. It gives me the most velvety skin like texture while making my skin glow and providing medium coverage. I apply with my fingers then go back in with a damp BB to blend. I use nars soft matte concealer with this and the end result is flawless natural looking skin. I have dry skin and this doesn’t emphasize flakiness. It’s important to use setting powder as it does transfer. I find it works best without a primer. It just melts into my skin and makes my less than perfect acne scarred skin look flawless. I will add that I only use this when I don’t have a lot of texture to my skin (i.e. cystic acne) as I find it emphasizes that. But when my skin is in good condition this is my absolute favorite foundation.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is consistently a fantastic foundation.
This is skin like satin finish with high medium coverage and it doesn’t sink into fine lines at all (if you are having issues with that avoid putting primer on the fine lines, the more product you put there the worst you’ll notice them.)
3.75 is a good match, a little more pink than ususally but looos fine blended in to my NW10 skin. (Could be just a little lighter but it works)
Shade 2 works too but is a tinge too yellow for me
This gives a beautiful natural lightly powdered skin look.
This is used by makeup artist world wide and for good reason, it’s unlike any other.
Perfect on my dry skin and patches

This is not Dewey and it doesn’t claim to be, if you read the box or description before buying it tells you it has a satin finish so I’m not sure why some reviews take points off for that..
It’s called luminous silk and if you think of silk you can see why in the finish, the dimension it has and how it reacts to lighting... it really is like silk.

This is in my top faves and I have tried over 1k foundations.
This is currently number one! The rest are
La Mer the soft longwear foundation
Hourglass vanish
Tom Ford traceless perfecting foundation
L’Oréal infallible pro glow (similar to luminous silk really but has lots less dimension)
Huda beauty foundation

on 7/4/2018 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

My typical "everyday" foundation, although I only wear foundation like a few times a year, is the L'oreal Infallible Pro Matte, which keeps my face perfect . But sometimes it's just a bit too matte, so on special occasions like weddings and stuff when I'm gonna be photographed a lot then I wanted something to give my skin more dimension. Enter Luminous Silk.

I wear this over my Skindinavia Primer Spray (Oil Control) and the combination keeps my oils at bay for about 4 - 6 hours. After that I need to blot and powder to stay pretty but that's fine with me. I love the way this makes my skin look, it just looks radiant and flawless (for the first 4-6 hours) like I was born with it, doesn't look like I'm wearing a lot of makeup.

I also discovered something about my skintone from experimenting with the lovely Giorgio Armani SAs at Neiman––my neck colour is a shade 4 in Luminous Silk, but my actual face colour is 4.5. My face looks unnatural to me when I wear 4, but it blends in perfectly with my neck. It also makes my skin look brighter, and my eyeshadows (like the gold-copper shade Ambient from Smashbox) show up more beautifully on fairer skin. Unfortunately, if any of the foundation rubs away or if I apply too thin of a layer, then you can see this sitting on my skin which is a different colour. 4.5 looks a little too dark for my neck (just barely, only makeup artists would notice) but it is my actual perfect skin match. I also prefer when my face is a bit darker to mitigate ghostface in flash photography. So yes, I ended up buying the shade 4.5!

For reference I'm about NC30 in MAC. I think my neck is more like NC25.

Will try this foundation out in a tropical climate where I live, and will also try with setting spray on top to see if it keeps me oil-free for longer!

on 6/29/2018 12:12:00 PM

This foundation looks really pretty when first applied. It is amazingly lightweight and gives an airbrushed look. But fast forward about 4 hours and it's break up or disappearing on my oily skin. If I only need my skin to look good for a certain number of hours it's great, but it's not a workhorse all day formula, at least for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this foundation is overrated.

for my normal to dry skin this foundation works as a mixing foundation, nothing more. emphasize my dryness, sinking in to my fine lines. not luminous enough nearly satin to matte finish.i love more dewy at least satin finish foundations.after 1 hour this foundation looks horrible on my skin, around my t-zone it emphasize every dry patch. only good and the reason i gave 3 star is staying power. packaging is great, pump is controlable. but overall can't justify the price and results.