Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

on 11/14/2018 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is beautiful but breaks me out. I would get like a weird little painless bump on my skin somewhere right after i apply it. I'm sad cause this foundation is really beautiful and i got two bottles in different shades. Pretty sad it doesn't work on me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love this foundation even though there are a few things you should know if you have dry skin: 1. Wear this with Marc Jacobs coconut primer. It does cling to dry patches, though not too bad, it was enough to bother me. With the primer it is absolutely flawless. 2. If you have a red nose, it’ll take more layers, but sometimes it can get scaly if you’re not careful. Overall, it’s worth the price. I bought it during Sephora’s sale. It’s like no other foundation. I like light coverage, so one layer is enough, other than my nose. I use it with a beauty blender and it goes on fine. I bought shade 2, which is best for those fair ladies who can’t find shade matches, and with neutral to muted olive undertones or just slightly yellow.

on 10/24/2018 1:41:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

The only reason I gave it 4 star is because it's very expensive and hard to find in Indonesia. This is a hype foundation that everyone talked about and it lives up to its expectation:
- Great staying power (wore it for 8 hours straight with 2x ablution in between - and it still stays as if nothing happened)
- Hydrating (I have dry skin)
- Medium coverage that can be build to high coverage
- It does gives you that luminous silky skin (as it named) without over powering sheen or shimmer
I do find it a bit "too made up" to be worn as everyday foundation but it definitely is a star performer for those so called "special occasions".

on 9/4/2018 3:39:00 AM

This lives up to the hype. I often gets samples before buying and this one blew me away. So gorgeous and really does look just like skin. This and hourglass veil primer are a match made in heaven!

on 8/25/2018 7:34:00 AM

The coverage is gorgeous, if you have oily or combination skin then this is definitely for you! If you have dry skin, then use your normal nourishing moisturiser before application as this formula is oil free. It allows my skin to breathe as well which Studio Fix sometimes didn't. This is a kind of expensive price but it really is worth it, it's a highly spreadable formula so it lasts a long time.

on 8/5/2018 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

s a 45 + woman of color, I was delighted to find this foundation. I use No 13. The foundation is AMAZING. I love the texture. It is silky and very light but it is buildable. I actually apply it with my fingers and the amazing thing is that once I have rubbed it in a circular motion on my face, my fingers are barely stained! I also love the feel because I do not feel like I am wearing a mask. It really does feel like second skin. I absolutely love the flawless finish. This is for someone who wants to look flawless and natural. I have recently bought the Armani bronze finish powder which I apply lightly to the cheekbones and bridge of the nose for a natural glowing look. I must say that although it is pricey, I use a very small amount. I can finally say adieu to MAC NW50 and welcome to my Armani Luminous Silk Foundation 13. May you live forever!

I have been trying out a lot of foundations recently and this one is amazing. I find that this foundation looks best when applied with a brush and buffed into the skin. It is a medium coverage but buildable to full if desired. It doesn’t look cakey or flat on the skin. It has a nice satin finish and is indeed luminous. It gives the skin a healthy glow, it doesn’t look at all oily or greasy though. It lasts well throughout the day, not separating, fading or transferring. It lasts well through heat, humidity and sweat also which is a bonus if you live in a hot climate! I love how this looks and feels on my skin. The only downside is the price, it is $99AUD. However, if you have the money to invest in this product I would highly recommend it! It lives up to its reputation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my alltime holygrail foundation, and the ONLY FOUNDATION I use. The lightest shade (2) is my exact colour match and I havnt been able to find a single other foundation that matches this shade. I have bought over 15 bottles and will continue until it's discontinued(hopefully never). Its around 72 CAD which sucks but I cant give it up. I'm constantly getting compliments from people about how good my skin looks and always getting questions about what foundation I wear. I always recommend this foundation to others.

on 7/23/2018 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

If it’s any testament to how much I love this foundation, I’ve repurchased 5x. I wear 5.75 and am about nc25-30. This is my hg foundation. It gives me the most velvety skin like texture while making my skin glow and providing medium coverage. I apply with my fingers then go back in with a damp BB to blend. I use nars soft matte concealer with this and the end result is flawless natural looking skin. I have dry skin and this doesn’t emphasize flakiness. It’s important to use setting powder as it does transfer. I find it works best without a primer. It just melts into my skin and makes my less than perfect acne scarred skin look flawless. I will add that I only use this when I don’t have a lot of texture to my skin (i.e. cystic acne) as I find it emphasizes that. But when my skin is in good condition this is my absolute favorite foundation.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is consistently a fantastic foundation.
This is skin like satin finish with high medium coverage and it doesn’t sink into fine lines at all (if you are having issues with that avoid putting primer on the fine lines, the more product you put there the worst you’ll notice them.)
3.75 is a good match, a little more pink than ususally but looos fine blended in to my NW10 skin. (Could be just a little lighter but it works)
Shade 2 works too but is a tinge too yellow for me
This gives a beautiful natural lightly powdered skin look.
This is used by makeup artist world wide and for good reason, it’s unlike any other.
Perfect on my dry skin and patches

This is not Dewey and it doesn’t claim to be, if you read the box or description before buying it tells you it has a satin finish so I’m not sure why some reviews take points off for that..
It’s called luminous silk and if you think of silk you can see why in the finish, the dimension it has and how it reacts to lighting... it really is like silk.

This is in my top faves and I have tried over 1k foundations.
This is currently number one! The rest are
La Mer the soft longwear foundation
Hourglass vanish
Tom Ford traceless perfecting foundation
L’Oréal infallible pro glow (similar to luminous silk really but has lots less dimension)
Huda beauty foundation