Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

4.5

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Overview: General Parameters When Choosing A New Makeup

I certainly don't profess to be a makeup/foundation guru, but I respectfully believe there are a few overall guidelines/tidbits that are valid that will be helpful in arriving at that "purrfect" makeup look.

Certain makeups are probably optimal within certain general parameters, but in the final analysis everyone should do their own trial/test assessment probably for at least two or three days to provide a valid overall comprehensive makeup assessment. From personal experience occasionally I've been much too hasty to approve of or to discount certain makeups. Skin chemistry, skin color/tone and complexion types vary from individual to individual. Read the numerous makeup reviews, therefore, but in the final analysis one needs to take the time and to have the patience to get it right for their specific complexion, skin color and skin chemistry etc. needs by performing one's very own makeup assessments.

Since my skin is mature I believe that a primer is essential. Despite the fact that according to others I have virtually flawless skin it's probably preferable to ascertain whether or not one needs a primer with or without oil with a particular makeup. After you choose the right color, consistency and brand of makeup ascertain whether or not you need to set it with powder. Trust me the foregoing types of applications make a difference often a decided difference in one's facial canvas.

After using a particular makeup for 15+ years that was discontinued I'm on a quest to try to choose a new makeup that's right for me. It isn't easy...haste makes waste...proverbial Rome wasn't built in a day...thus take your time, relax and in the end I'm cautiously optimistic you'll/we'll agree in the end it will definitely be worth it.

Context: In light of the fact that so many beauty/makeup/foundation experts and patrons rave about the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Makeup I felt as if I must at least try it. Since I previously used Sisley Transmat Beige Clair 0 for so many years which was naturally matte and not a long-lasting makeup, I remain unconvinced that I prefer a luminous makeup look. Why? One naturally glows during the day unless one powders/tampers down one’s makeup.

Pros: The Giorgio Armani palette color selection is outstanding. It should be noted that the palette colors span from 2 to 14, but it isn’t necessarily the lightest to the darkest shade in ascending numerical order. I first tried 3.75 which was too light and then I tried 4.75 which seems to be an ideal color for my particular complexion. Please check with your Giorgio Armani beauty advisor first to understand the color palette which is rather Byzantine. One may have to sample first-hand a few different color makeups, therefore, before one precisely matches one’s color requirements.

Cons: One does need to apply a primer otherwise the Giorgio Armani makeup will vanish. Plus, while I have normal skin with a tad oily “T” zone, and this makeup seems to be ideally suited for my skin type, I wouldn’t recommend this makeup for someone with oily skin.

Bottom line: While I truly find this makeup to be very satisfactory, for the time being I still remain unconvinced that this is my “Holy Grail” makeup. In light of my previous 15+ years of Sisley makeup use I perceive that I personally prefer a very light cream makeup to a liquid. Accordingly, therefore, at least for the time being I’m still testing various viable makeup alternatives. Laura Mercier is next on my list. Please stay tuned…

Jutta Hermine Hildegard Harden

PS...I've been at it daily for over six weeks and I still have yet to find a suitable alternative makeup to the Sisley Transmat Beige Clair 0 that was discontinued, but the liquid Giorgio Armani Luminous silk is definitely on my short list.

Parenthetically I wrote and called Armani in Dallas, Texas with the following and they were very hospitable and receptive and looking into it:

As a constructive suggestion I respectfully believe that
Armani needs to clarify and to be more proactively instructive
concerning the palette/color spectrum especially of its Armani Luminous
Silk Foundation not only on behalf of its customers/patrons, but also
for its beauty advisors. Why?

Usually the Armani foundation displays are separated into light versus
dark shades [left and right] which is a good/practical thing.
Conversely, however, a great deal of unnecessary confusion occurs when
the numbers corresponding to the colors from light to dark jump around.
How? For example, I tried the 3.75 and the color was too light. [I'm going to be re-trying again with a primer and powder] I then
tried 4.75 and the color of the foundation was close to coinciding with
my complexion, but not perfect. I then tried 4.5 logically thinking [or
so I thought] that the color/shade would be lighter than the 4.75, but
much to my surprise and to the surprise of the Armani beauty advisors
the color was actually darker!

To me it makes little or no sense, therefore, and the numerous Armani
beauty advisors that I've talked with are equally mystified. When I
inquired to see an Armani foundation color palette the Armani beauty
advisors indicated that they didn't have one or one didn't
exist. [Although I've seen a color palette on the Internet] Accordingly,
again I believe that both the Armani foundation customers/patrons and
the Armani beauty advisors would be much better served if Armani
developed one @ the point of sale.

on 1/3/2016 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I tried this after reading a number of twitter feeds from MUAs about using this for older clients. Closing in on 60 but with oily skin, I figured it was worth a try. I had switched from Chanel Lift (don't remember the exact name) and had gone to using Revision Intellishade Matte TM. I do still like Revision but it doesn't have much coverage.

I had to go to another town to find a GA counter but it was worth it. My match was 4.25. It felt nice from the start and even without primer (over some Olay serum) it glides on and stays put. To me, it floats over wrinkles and pores in a way that several Chanel and other foundations did not (Chanel Vita Aqua whatever was horrible on me, croneing me out totally).

Transfer is minimal. I don't really notice it when it's on, which means I'm not seeing a lot of oxidation or settling during the day. I do set it with a dusting of translucent powder but could probably get away without that step.

The samples given were awesome...the luminous blush in 300 was a perfect addition to the foundation, 3-4 dots sheering out and giving a healthy flush. I'm also liking the mascara as well.

No breakouts, no settling in oily pore pools, no turning funny colors, it doesn't pill when I add liquid blush, and a match to my slightly pink-neutral super-fair tone. It is pricey but I've easily had $62 worth of DS foundation sitting around at any one time, so I'm happy.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OMG!! I think I am in love. Let me start with saying I change foundations all the time and have never committed to any one product in my quest for the perfect color match, texture, coverage, etc. When you throw in seasonal changes forget it - I think I have about 8 product lines on the shelf right now. Everything from mineral powders to liquid. Well I think my wandering days are over. I am now 3 weeks into this foundation and I have not found fault with it yet. Coverage is medium to full and the color match is wonderful. I have a medium olive complexion and am always struggling to get a good color match. Most of the European brands are too pink and those that are "yellow-based" often turn orange on my skin. My slightly oily skin is not complaining with GA and my skin looks and feels vibrant. I have found that it lasts all day but I do use a primer religiously. The cost is a little high but not really that different than CD, Burberry, Trish McEvoy and other high end brands. My search is over - for that alone I am sticking with this product.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have very, very dry skin and LOVE this foundation. However, I live in the mountains and don't have a retail outlet within 100 miles, so I only purchased a sample on eBay. I LOVED it. Wish I could find another source close by.

Video Reviews & Tutorials