Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 44-55
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

on 3/2/2018 2:35:00 AM

A very good foundation that has an exceptionally skin-like finish.
Colour range is superb and makes it easy to select the correct match for everyone and for every season.

The formula’s success lays in its genuine simplicity really. And this is what makes this foundation so versatile too.
It is basically a blend of a volatile silicone oil and a hydrocarbon along with glycerin as humectant and some added powders to have a more elegant finish. It does contain some fragrance ingredients.

It is a pity that it does not contain some environmental-protective actives or anti-inflammatories to make it even better and “justify the price”.
However, excluding the ingredients (actives) that are totally unnecessary for the formula, makes it also suitable for all, even for a very sensitive skin-type.
People that use the LRP Cicaplast Balm will have surely made the connection that this foundation indeed feels very much like the Balm, just lighter. (the structural formula of both of these products are very similar indeed.)

Ingredients: Aqua / Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Alcohol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tristearin, Cellulose Gum, Nylon-12, Limonene, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Diphenyl Dimethicone Acrylates Copolymer, Parfum / Fragrance, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Aluminum Hydroxide, Hexyl Cinnamal [ /- May Contain CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / Iron Oxides CI 77007 / Ultramarines Mica

on 5/1/2017 8:45:00 PM

I'm the queen of drugstore products and so resisted buying this, but I had a photo shoot and knew that my usual foundation contained too much spf and would give some flashback. Finally caved and bought this and must say that it has a wonderful finish. I've already gotten compliments on my skin using it. It doesn't last longer than 4-6 hours but most don't on me anyway. The price is so high, but I'm using small amounts to try to make it last. A winner for sure.

on 12/21/2016 3:14:00 PM

Someday girls/women will realize how much younger and fresh a luminous foundation is.. flat, matte looking skin is aging. This foundation was a big splurge for me, but worth every penny. I have been happy with Boots No7 luminous, and a few other satin finish/dewy foundations, but this gem is a true game changer. Long wearing, beautiful finish, and since a little goes a long way, the price is justified.

on 10/19/2016 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a lovely light to medium coverage foundation. As others have stated, it is not going to last more than 6-8 hours on your skin. However, this is typical of most foundations that offer coverage on the light side. It also doesn't have sunscreen. If you want that try their Lasting Silk. Those points aside, Luminous Silk offers a beautiful velvety finish. I apply a second light coat over any "problem" areas. As with most foundations, the key is finding a good color/tone match. They offer a nice range of shades.

on 3/9/2016 8:25:00 PM

Well, after paying $68 CDN for this, I had sky-high expectations. Luckily, it delivers. This stuff wears well (10 hours with no touch ups), makes skin bright (NOT shiny) and radiant. I now feel slightly better about blowing so much on a foundation. I'll cut back elsewhere in the budget. It's THAT good!

PROS: I like the very subtle glow it gives. Has enough yellow-based shades, at least in the lighter shades. Great in my pores. Pretty good in my wrinkles.

CONS: The price. This sits on top of the skin and looks obvious, even with trying to apply lightly and matching my skin well. And even applying lightly, I can't get a more natural look when I want that. I can't even imagine trying to find a match without testers. The shades jump from lighter to darker to lighter as you go up the numbers of shades. There's no rhyme or reason to it. I had to blend two colors to find my match, which I don't mind too much, but it took me forever to find them from the testers.

ALTERNATES: I used to always go back to my L'oreal Visible Lift Serum foundation, but....I've recently found something that is the best thing for my wrinkles and pores I've EVER tried, Cover Girl AquaSmooth SPF 15 foundation It's not as drying as the Visible Lift one and a bit better in my wrinkles.

on 8/11/2015 2:21:00 PM

I purchased this via the web and had to guess on a shade (did not find the product in stores in Omaha Ne), the pump doesn't work and the shade might be a bit off but I still am not impressed with the product. Crazily I do like the Bobby Brown that I've read poor reviews for (has an SPF of 45 I believe) much better coverage.

on 8/7/2015 2:38:00 PM

Ok, ok, ok...so I finally had to break down and realize that this is HG status for me:\ It is just sooo expensive that I was trying with no avail to find a cheaper alternative. When I tell you that EVERY time I wear this I get sooo many compliments and when I wear anything else from, Tarte Amazonian Clay, CD AirFlash, MAC Mineralize to Clinique Even Better...just to name a few;)) almost no compliments. I do everything else the same but change the foundation. It is really amazing to me, but it always happens. The finish is like no other and it goes on flawlessly. When I scratch my face there is no residue in my nails (yuck, when that happens!!)

But, the clincher for me was the other day when I was wearing Clinique Even Better and was outside for a long time in AZ summer heat and you could visibly see the streaks from my sweat (nice visual, I know) sooo gross...I usually try not to wear foundation when I know I am going to be sweating like that so this was a new discovery. Well at this point I had to do a comparison with my GA, and, of course, no streaks, just perfection after running around sweating like no other...that was it--deal cinched!!!

on 7/7/2015 4:23:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

On the good side, the #4 was a good color match to my LLL/MMM yellow undertone skin. It applies very nicely with my F80 kabuki and is of a thin consistency which I prefer.
But I won't be purchasing it again for a few reasons:
For such a high end product I noted it has Parabens in it.
The coverage was less than I require, but can be layered.
It was a splurge for me, but I found it is not one bit better than my L'Oreal True Match Liquid Founation in W3; except that is has a pump.

I am not sure we can ever justify the price for something this size unless it's liquid gold and I do tend to resent it. That said, this is a beautiful foundation. I originally bought the long lasting version and they gave me the sample form of this foundation as well. It took me a while to try it but when I did I put it on before going out in hot weather for several hours and I noticed no difference in longevity between the two. It has a respectable longevity. It lasts me the day with primer and a light dusting of setting powder.
What I did find however that the mild chalkiness that I noticed in the long lasting version was not present in this. The long last version is inferior in my opinion. This foundation really does offer a subtle glow and a burring of flaws without heaviness. It's also offers pretty good coverage. I have a decent, clear wrinkle free skin for my age but I do still usually prefer medium coverage and I found this to offer plenty. It's at least buildable. The price is extortionate but you actually dont need to use that much and it really does deliver. I am a pale redhead and it has some shades suitable for the gingers among us. Shade 4 is a great match for me.