Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by age: 44-55
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

on 5/1/2017 8:45:00 PM

I'm the queen of drugstore products and so resisted buying this, but I had a photo shoot and knew that my usual foundation contained too much spf and would give some flashback. Finally caved and bought this and must say that it has a wonderful finish. I've already gotten compliments on my skin using it. It doesn't last longer than 4-6 hours but most don't on me anyway. The price is so high, but I'm using small amounts to try to make it last. A winner for sure.

on 3/19/2017 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'd resisted buying this Foundation because of the price, although it kept coming up as something special. I have an Armani lipstick that I love so when I finished my Chanel les Beiges I decided to give it a try. LOVE.
The coverage is sheer and build- able - like my skin but better. It's got a dewy finish and I hate to dull it by setting it with powder but sometimes still do. In general I like the fresh glow so I don't.
One pump delivers super sheer coverage, two light and three medium. If you're looking for more, this isn't the product or formula you're looking for.

I'm a finger blender but I've also applied this with a brush and it's great either way. (I'm not a beauty blender or sponge person.)

The other plus was that I exactly matched with shade 4.25. This rarely happens. Nars is always too yellow, and Chanel can be too (they change formula so often I never buy the same thing 2x) and my best bet is usually YSL or Estee.

Would totally splurge on this again. I'm in love.

on 12/21/2016 3:14:00 PM

Someday girls/women will realize how much younger and fresh a luminous foundation is.. flat, matte looking skin is aging. This foundation was a big splurge for me, but worth every penny. I have been happy with Boots No7 luminous, and a few other satin finish/dewy foundations, but this gem is a true game changer. Long wearing, beautiful finish, and since a little goes a long way, the price is justified.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I certainly wanted to love this, after dabbling in Armani lipsticks and being blown away by the Fluid Sheer liquid highlighter. (Tip to cool, fair girls: it works on its own!)

The coverage is good--a bit more than medium, I'd say. The finish is neither chalky nor greasy, but given the heaviness of this product, I wouldn't want to wear it every day.

My big issue with it is color choice. I'm about an NW20, maybe even a touch lighter. I've tried 3 different shades, from 3.75 down to 5.25, and cannot find one that doesn't make me glow yellow.

Darn!

on 10/19/2016 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a lovely light to medium coverage foundation. As others have stated, it is not going to last more than 6-8 hours on your skin. However, this is typical of most foundations that offer coverage on the light side. It also doesn't have sunscreen. If you want that try their Lasting Silk. Those points aside, Luminous Silk offers a beautiful velvety finish. I apply a second light coat over any "problem" areas. As with most foundations, the key is finding a good color/tone match. They offer a nice range of shades.

on 9/18/2016 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation! I have very difficult coloring to match as I am dark but with pink tones. The only foundations that are beige with pink undertones are this Luminous Silk in 5.25 and Chanel Rose Beige . ( unless anyone has found any more!)
The coverage is perfect - not too heavy but medium coverage with a brush. The staying power is okay- not remarkable but with Chanel finishing powder it lasts a good eight hours. I have mature skin and it does not accentuate undesirable elements! I wouldn't call this dewy or matte but more like luminous satin. I always set with powder which does detract from the luminousity.
I also bought the GA highlighting fluid in the number 5 which gives a lovely subtle glow to cheeks and other areas you wish to highlight. The color looks really bubblegum pink in the jar but honestly it looks natural after application and it is a light weight runny liquid.
Yes expensive but both last long time and I feel the color selection is good for a great many people.

on 9/4/2016 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've worn this twice now and overall, I quite like it. It's a fairly full coverage foundation, but I try and sheer it out a little more with a dampened beauty blender and it seems to work. I have a fairly clear, dry skin with a few broken capillaries around my nose and it covers those well and evens out my skin tone perfectly. I chose shade '2' with neutral undertones as I didn't want anything with warm undertones and it's fine. This does oxidise on me and I'm surprised as many say it doesn't. I could see it change colour on the back of my hand, but once it had darkened very slightly, it stopped and the colour was still fine when applied to my face. It wears well, doesn't seem to settle into fine lines and still looks fairly good ( better than most foundations do) when I remove it. I have to say though, I am 'aware' of it on my face. Hard to describe, but not usually aware of foundations, so not sure why. Hopefully I'll get used to that feeling. Once I've used this, I don't think I'd rush to repurchase.

on 6/20/2016 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is my new summer foundation. I wear a high spf sunblock all year round on face, neck and hands. I could tan if I so chose but I dont so I fake a sunkissed look. Shade 6 is perfect for doing just that on my pale olive complexion. I love how sheer it is. If I need a bit of coverage then I apply concealer there. Its pricey but I think this will last me a couple of years. Looking natural is very important to me and this is perfect. It lasts for many hours with a decent primer underneath.

on 3/16/2016 2:03:00 PM

I got the small size from Sephora online. It cost $42 for .6 oz. I like this but it settles a little into my lines.

on 3/9/2016 8:25:00 PM

Well, after paying $68 CDN for this, I had sky-high expectations. Luckily, it delivers. This stuff wears well (10 hours with no touch ups), makes skin bright (NOT shiny) and radiant. I now feel slightly better about blowing so much on a foundation. I'll cut back elsewhere in the budget. It's THAT good!