Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

4.1

on 10/24/2018 1:41:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

The only reason I gave it 4 star is because it's very expensive and hard to find in Indonesia. This is a hype foundation that everyone talked about and it lives up to its expectation:
- Great staying power (wore it for 8 hours straight with 2x ablution in between - and it still stays as if nothing happened)
- Hydrating (I have dry skin)
- Medium coverage that can be build to high coverage
- It does gives you that luminous silky skin (as it named) without over powering sheen or shimmer
I do find it a bit "too made up" to be worn as everyday foundation but it definitely is a star performer for those so called "special occasions".

on 10/19/2017 1:50:00 PM

Oh I'm going to add to what so many have already said. I too had such high hopes for this Foundation. The foundation does what it says which is that it Glides on smoothly, buildable coverage with a luminous glow. My complexion with this makeup looked absolutely stunning. I was just so amazed, even in the Sun! But that is where my love affair ended. Like others, I had a reaction. My face started itching at the end of the day to the point where I ran home to take the makeup off. With everyone else's reviews on breakouts and reactions to this Foundation, there was no way I was going to try it for another day as my skin just cleared up from a bad hormonal Breakout.

on 2/19/2017 6:07:00 AM

This foundation is the closest color match that I have ever found. I read that no. 6 is the best foundation for those of us with olive skin that can not find a color match, they were right. The problem is the alcohol, my eyes could not tolerate the life being sucked out of my skin. They were literally burning. I need something with hydration, glycerin or hyaluronic acid. I suppose if you have oily skin, this would work but even oily skin should be careful with the alcohol content.

on 8/12/2013 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really wanted to like this foundation but it went on cakey, fell into the fine lines under my eyes and had worn off in three hours. No good for me, definitely not buying ever again.

on 1/15/2013 3:18:00 PM

I got samples of this foundation. It applied beautifully. The color match was wayyyyy off though. Not sure why she chose the colors she did for my fair skin. I was orange. But the coverage was nice and it felt so lush going on.
I doubt I will buy a full size bottle. I can't justify spending $59 on foundation right now. But if you feel like a splurge try this out!!

on 5/1/2012 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is my HG foundation. Flawless look when powdered with Ben Nye Banana powder or MAC Prep & Prime pressed powder (if I desire a matte finish). I own several foundations but reach for this more than any other, has buildable coverage.
I'm shade 10 (yellow undertones). I also wear Bobbi Brown 6.5, Mac Matchmaster 7.5.
I would rate five stars but, it's a little pricey and available mostly at high end deparment stores.

on 1/3/2012 1:16:00 PM

Preliminary review:

01/12- I have only used this for 2 weeks and only in conjunction with face fabric. I will update when I have more experience with it. For now, it is a nice match. Doesn't need to much work to blend in and the color match is good. I use it with my face fabric since I don't like a heavy look and even this is too much for what I am looking for. I plan on wearing it alone when I have a special event at night. No complaints at this time. Doesn't fall into my wrinkles/lines, wears long enough, not cakey or powdery.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

B-E-A-utiful foundation! Beautiful natural coverage. Lets the skin glow underneath! I am a MUA, and I love using this on my brides and for editorial, because it looks flawless in photos. However, took off one lippie b/c is really pricey! I do a ton of applications and I am constantly buying this foundation, yikes!

on 2/28/2011 2:43:00 PM

Incredible colour match, quite a fluid, light texture. Gave a 4 star for overall rating as info and sales person said it can be built up for heavier coverage but I don't find it can.
Bought as I'd read many reviews in high end magazines. Reviews, not editorials.
Lasted through me moving house, shifting furniture all day, couldn't believe it and I sweat like a roast in the oven too! Soft texture, almost like a moisturiser but more runny. Pump packaging which for me is a favourite. Many shades but I didn't see the difference between this and the other Armani LS foundations when I tried them on my hand. Sorry, can't remember what the other LS stands for - found it wierd they'd have that abbreviation for two different types of their own foundation.
It has encouraged me to try other Armani products when I can afford them. 32 for a bottle which actually will probably last me three years as I use a tiny bit occasionally. Worth it!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love it. Bought a concealer from the Armani counter and was given this in shade #5 (perfect match) as a sample. It does not accentuate any dryness or fine lines - if anything it actually seems as though it plumps my skin- and stays put all day. Will definitely purchase.