Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 30-35
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.7

on 9/4/2018 3:39:00 AM

This lives up to the hype. I often gets samples before buying and this one blew me away. So gorgeous and really does look just like skin. This and hourglass veil primer are a match made in heaven!

on 4/5/2018 11:13:00 AM

I have had this foundation for over a year.
I love it. I use it then get bored and try other foundations but I always come back to this one.
For me it's perfect.
It lasts all day with good primer and setting spray.
It's a light - medium coverage which is all I want.
It's expensive but worth it.
I'm not a fan of glass bottles as they tend to fall out of my cabinet into my sink and smash plus it's hard to get every drop out with glass.
But I will keep buying and I need to learn there is no better foundation out there.

on 2/27/2018 11:01:00 PM

This is a nice satin foundation that is sheer to medium coverage. I think I’m a bit bitter because I paid $100 dollars and the counter lady sold me the wrong colour and you can’t take it back in Australia. I’d already opened and tried it. I told her I dont want to be super pale and hate strong pink tones as it brings out my redness. She sold me 3.75 after matching me and I didn’t realise in the shop that it’s exactly what I told her I didn’t want. So pink and rosy and too light. Pigmentation shows right through and looks even pinker.
Such a waste of money. However I think I’d really like it in the correct colour as a medium silky smooth foundation. Can’t comment on longevity as I don’t wear it on long days. I try to use it up on weekends only during the day.
Update Sep 18, I tried it again in 4.5 which is their neutral tone. It looks lovely initially but makes my face oily looking and doesn’t last. It fades unevenly and looked patchy. It also turned a little more yellow during the day. It was a better colour match to my N18-20 skin Mac.

on 11/21/2017 10:36:00 AM

Holy. Grail. If you like a light-medium coverage, radiant foundation, and don't mind shelling out some cash, this is for you. Yes, it's crazy expensive so I can understand if you don't want to shell out for this. Def not for my full coverage queens, and not for anyone looking for matte coverage, but there is a reason this stuff is cult status. It basically just makes my skin look like a better version of itself. I am slightly oily in the t-zone and I just make sure to use a mattifying primer in those oily spots. I am constantly trying new foundations in search of the perfect ones, but this is the only one that has found a permanent place in my collection. I keep 3 different colors at all times and mix depending on the time of year. Just be careful of pairing this with a heavier concealer because I find it breaks easily and leaves a line of demarcation where it's blended. If you're looking for a budget dupe, I love the L'oreal True Match Lumi (which I use on clients to mimic this, without having to buy $60 foundation in numerous colors).

on 10/29/2017 12:48:00 PM

I feel compelled to update my original review about this product and the sensitivities it caused, because after reading the latest reviews on top of mine, some users have reported itchiness.

Overall i'd like to thank this product and Giorgio Armani. Although it gave me a nightmarish allergic reaction - redness, burning & a patch of about 50 closely clustered whiteheads on both cheeks - it helped me to better understand my skin, identity my allergies and educate myself more about ingredients in cosmetic and skincare products.

Basically i got tired of breaking out from new products so I started a spreadsheet listing what i've used and their common ingredients (https://imgur.com/a/Atzql). Two common triggers across troublemaker products were LIMONENE and LINALOOL. Both of them are essential oils - lemon/orange and lavender in that order, and while essential oils are natural, what is not commonly known is that they are also skin allergy triggers. They have no skincare benefits and are added purely for fragrance purposes.

LIMONENE
SEE: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_oil

"The limonene which is the main component of the oil is a mild irritant, as it dissolves protective skin oils. Limonene and its oxidation products are skin irritants, and limonene-1,2-oxide (formed by aerial oxidation) is a known skin sensitizer. Most reported cases of irritation have involved long-term industrial exposure to the pure compound, e.g. during degreasing or the preparation of paints. However a study of patients presenting dermatitis showed that 3% were sensitized to limonene. Limonene has been observed to cause cancer in male rats, by reacting with α2u-globulin, which is not produced by female rats. There is no evidence for carcinogenicity or genotoxicity in humans. The IARC classifies d-limonene under Class 3: not classifiable as to its carcinogenicity to humans.[9] Limonene is also flammable.[10]"

P.S Limonene can also pop a balloon in one second

LINALOOL

"Linalool can be absorbed by inhalation of its aerosol and by oral intake or skin absorption, potentially causing irritation, pain and allergic reactions. Linalool is used as a scent in 60–80% of perfumed hygiene products and cleaning agents including soaps, detergents, shampoos, and lotions.[4] It is also used as a chemical intermediate. One common downstream product of linalool is vitamin E. In addition, linalool is used by pest professionals as a flea, fruit fly and cockroach insecticide."

_______________________

I'm no longer angered nor surprised that an established company like Giorgio Armani is adding these cheap and irritating ingredients in their luxury-priced products, because a lot of companies do as well in this day and age. As consumers who want to protect our skin and give it only the best, we just have to be more discerning, educated and responsible for what we put on it.

That said, not everyone is sensitive to Limonene and Linalool so i hope this review can help those with sensitive skin - please do get a sample or patch test before going full-face.

In closing, if i hadn't experienced an allergic reaction, i don't think much of this foundation in terms of wear-time nor coverage. It wasn't terrible, just average performing and the best thing about it was just about the aesthically pleasing packaging.

on 7/30/2017 11:35:00 AM

I've worn this about six years and it is my absolute favorite. It gives me an awesome airbrushed glowy skin and never breaks me out. Actually this is one of the rarest foundations I can even wear without getting acne. (for real, I can not wear anything from Loreal,Maybelline;Dior,Chanel,MAC,Charlotte Tilbury etc.!) I would like to test new foundations all the time but can't because of their ingredients. So this is my HG. This gives medium coverage and lasts all day with a help of a Smashbox light primer.I do have to blot several times a day because I have combo skin,but it is not a problem for me.

I got a luxury samples (those 5 ml tubes which allow for a couple extensive tests) for some of the Armani foundations (also Power Fabric and Maestro - both not for my skin and don't even warrant a review) and I'm glad I did, because for foundations that get rave reviews I tend to lose any common sense and immediately get a full bottle or two of shades that I think might match me. So I got the shade 3 and it's neutral/yellow and it almost matched my pale skin nicely, the other light color in shade 2 looked too cool when swatched so I didn't bother with it. The application with a brush is easy, it's spreadable and doesn't set instantly so kudos for that. I could't see any harsh edges so it blends well. The coverage is somewhat sheer-medium, more layers make it medium, but then it looks chalky. That's where the pros end. It immediately sets into every pore, crease, line and wrinkle, especially under eyes. It's not long wearing either, it breaks up and continues to migrate into pores and lines all the time. I even went in with my finger to re-blend it a couple times, but after ½ h it's back. At the 4 hour mark it had completely broken up and not pretty to look at. The migration issue also makes skin look older. The next day I tried with a silica setting powder as I find those set foundations nicely without a powdery look. The powder did improve some one the migration, but it still settled in pores and lines and it still broke up at the 4 h mark. On third day I tried it on bare skin, but then it just went straight into pores and quickly broke up. To sum my experience up: it's not long-lasting at all, it does make my skin look older and rougher as the day goes on, it's a bit shiny and not in the good glowy kind of way. It's a hard pass for this foundation.

I have combination skin and unfortunately this dried out my eye area really badly. The coverage is so nice and made my skin look smooth and somewhat skin like upon first application, but as the day went on my under eye area became visibly dry with lines forming. After wearing for a few days, my eyelid area became flakey. I tried applying extra eye cream before but I still experienced dryness. I also mixed it with my IT Cosmetics CC cream (which actually mixed very nicely) but this didn't help either. Other than that, the other areas of my face looked great and the makeup stayed in place without oxidizing in my oilier areas.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

It took me a looong time to figure out My color is 6.0 mixed with 5.75 looks even better. I am on the fence about buying two foundations as I plan to also purchase a custom blended foundation from a online company. For the very end of summer if I have a lot of color( tan), I can add a tiny droplet of shade 7.0 to 6.0 and it looks very nice and natural. Which matches pretty well. Its very luminous and dewy, but powder application can be tricky- shade match has no rhyme or reason to it. Im a Nc 42ish* in MAC , golden natural in BB, and nude in Becca/ olive in Becca during the late summer. Also stromboli in Nars illuminating long wear. To me this still has some red to it,after it drys down which js not good as i am a golden medium deep.Will probably purchase shades 6.0 and 5.75 this foundation is well made and looks good on me in direct sunlight as well as photos and holds up well in a regular day of errands and work activities.

Not a good foundation. It's ridiculous to pay an arm and a leg for a name and cheap chemicals that damage our skin and health. This foundation is full of cancer causing agents. Every product we use in our skin is absorbed into our skin and enters our blood stream. Look the ingredients up on EWG's Skin Deep, or anywhere in the internet. If you care about your health, don't fund products like these.