Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by age: 30-35
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.7

on 9/4/2018 3:39:00 AM

This lives up to the hype. I often gets samples before buying and this one blew me away. So gorgeous and really does look just like skin. This and hourglass veil primer are a match made in heaven!

on 7/4/2018 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

My typical "everyday" foundation, although I only wear foundation like a few times a year, is the L'oreal Infallible Pro Matte, which keeps my face perfect . But sometimes it's just a bit too matte, so on special occasions like weddings and stuff when I'm gonna be photographed a lot then I wanted something to give my skin more dimension. Enter Luminous Silk.

I wear this over my Skindinavia Primer Spray (Oil Control) and the combination keeps my oils at bay for about 4 - 6 hours. After that I need to blot and powder to stay pretty but that's fine with me. I love the way this makes my skin look, it just looks radiant and flawless (for the first 4-6 hours) like I was born with it, doesn't look like I'm wearing a lot of makeup.

I also discovered something about my skintone from experimenting with the lovely Giorgio Armani SAs at Neiman––my neck colour is a shade 4 in Luminous Silk, but my actual face colour is 4.5. My face looks unnatural to me when I wear 4, but it blends in perfectly with my neck. It also makes my skin look brighter, and my eyeshadows (like the gold-copper shade Ambient from Smashbox) show up more beautifully on fairer skin. Unfortunately, if any of the foundation rubs away or if I apply too thin of a layer, then you can see this sitting on my skin which is a different colour. 4.5 looks a little too dark for my neck (just barely, only makeup artists would notice) but it is my actual perfect skin match. I also prefer when my face is a bit darker to mitigate ghostface in flash photography. So yes, I ended up buying the shade 4.5!

For reference I'm about NC30 in MAC. I think my neck is more like NC25.

Will try this foundation out in a tropical climate where I live, and will also try with setting spray on top to see if it keeps me oil-free for longer!

on 4/5/2018 11:13:00 AM

I have had this foundation for over a year.
I love it. I use it then get bored and try other foundations but I always come back to this one.
For me it's perfect.
It lasts all day with good primer and setting spray.
It's a light - medium coverage which is all I want.
It's expensive but worth it.
I'm not a fan of glass bottles as they tend to fall out of my cabinet into my sink and smash plus it's hard to get every drop out with glass.
But I will keep buying and I need to learn there is no better foundation out there.

on 3/30/2018 4:33:00 PM

I was in the market for a new foundation and after hearing so much about it from different sources I went with this product. I was disappointed by how patchy it gets after a few hours and when I was getting my makeup done by professional she commented that it was a bit dry. My skin is generally normal-combo so if you have any leaning towards dry skin I would stay away from this.

on 2/27/2018 11:01:00 PM

This is a nice satin foundation that is sheer to medium coverage. I think I’m a bit bitter because I paid $100 dollars and the counter lady sold me the wrong colour and you can’t take it back in Australia. I’d already opened and tried it. I told her I dont want to be super pale and hate strong pink tones as it brings out my redness. She sold me 3.75 after matching me and I didn’t realise in the shop that it’s exactly what I told her I didn’t want. So pink and rosy and too light. Pigmentation shows right through and looks even pinker.
Such a waste of money. However I think I’d really like it in the correct colour as a medium silky smooth foundation. Can’t comment on longevity as I don’t wear it on long days. I try to use it up on weekends only during the day.
Update Sep 18, I tried it again in 4.5 which is their neutral tone. It looks lovely initially but makes my face oily looking and doesn’t last. It fades unevenly and looked patchy. It also turned a little more yellow during the day. It was a better colour match to my N18-20 skin Mac.

on 2/12/2018 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I can see why this is a popular choice for many - nice formula texture glides on easily, looks dewy has nice sheen not heavy at all medium coverage but as I have oily skin not ideal for those with oily skin. Best for normal or dry skin types.
I prefer Power Fabric over this. However it's a great option for everyday work wear as not heavy and buildable coverage.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Considering how expensive and hyped up this product is, all I can say is, thank goodness I only got a sample of this. This foundation has me so confused. It feels like silk on the skin, yes. But as far as luminosity goes - this foundation makes my skin feel so dry and tight and emphasizes my pores. I don't feel like it gives me any glow to my skin and actually over the three days that I tested this foundation I had to generously apply and reapply Mac's Fix+ because my skin felt like a desert. The only good thing is that the shade match was quite good. I am an NC42 and shade 7.5 fits perfectly.

on 1/2/2018 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I will always repurchase this product (unless they change the formula of course). It feels light but offers good coverage and makes the skin feel like silk. I love the natural finish and the fact that it stays on all day. I love that it does not have SPF (seriously, all these products with SPF in them? Do NOT put any chemicals on your face that you don't have to. If you're going to be out in the sun all day, fine, apply sunscreen. If you're going to be sitting inside all day, you do not need to wear a moisturiser or foundation with SPF. I can't stress enough how bad this is for your skin) Anyhoo! Because it is SPF free, I don't react which is nice (and rare).
The price is steep, the packaging looks nice but I feel that I don't get every last bit of product out (which I'd like to do after spending $100 on it).
It may sit differently on different skin types though.

on 12/6/2017 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I finally bit the bullet and picked this up during the Sephora VIB sale (reg. $70 CAD). I have dry skin, I like more natural looking foundations (i.e. not full coverage), and based off of all the youtube love, I thought this would be ideal for my skin. Result: meh.

I debated returning it, but I debated too long and missed the window lol. I purchased shade 4.0 which is a tad light for my NC25 skin tone, but since it has light coverage, it's easy to work with it in spite of that. Also the shade numbers are really odd. 3.5 is actually darker than 4.0? So keep that in mind if you're purchasing online.

There is a scent to this, but I didn't notice any strong fragrance so I'm not bothered at all by it. The coverage is quite light but buildable, so it's customize-able I suppose in that sense. I haven't tried it in flash photography or video (which is where this is supposed to be amazing), but i'm not a youtuber and I don't walk around with papparazzi following me so I'm not sure if investing in this is worth the odd time that I end up taking photos (assuming it looks amazing as everyone else says). It's not incredibly long wearing but it's not a big deal for me because i always use a setting spray.

It doesn't look bad, but it doesn't look $70 foundation good.

I would not repurchase and for the price, I would not recommend.

on 11/21/2017 10:36:00 AM

Holy. Grail. If you like a light-medium coverage, radiant foundation, and don't mind shelling out some cash, this is for you. Yes, it's crazy expensive so I can understand if you don't want to shell out for this. Def not for my full coverage queens, and not for anyone looking for matte coverage, but there is a reason this stuff is cult status. It basically just makes my skin look like a better version of itself. I am slightly oily in the t-zone and I just make sure to use a mattifying primer in those oily spots. I am constantly trying new foundations in search of the perfect ones, but this is the only one that has found a permanent place in my collection. I keep 3 different colors at all times and mix depending on the time of year. Just be careful of pairing this with a heavier concealer because I find it breaks easily and leaves a line of demarcation where it's blended. If you're looking for a budget dupe, I love the L'oreal True Match Lumi (which I use on clients to mimic this, without having to buy $60 foundation in numerous colors).