Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.6

on 9/12/2017 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Sadly this foundation is oxidizing on my oily skin.... however I did go get myself a shade lighter- the 4.0.
When doing the "Wayne Goss translucent powder trick", and a couple of touch ups, this foundation lasts all day (12 hours +).
And I love that this foundation causes no flashback... just wore it at my cousins wedding- and I looked flawless in photos :)
I've always been using "flat-matte", longwear foundations like Estee Lauder double wear, and Macs pro longwear, so I didn't really believe in the hype around this foundation, now I do- it is truly amazing :)

The only thing keeping me from making this my everyday foundation is the price-tag :(

on 8/26/2017 12:07:00 PM

I have to write an urgent review for this because it gave me such a terrible reaction and I don't want anyone of you to suffer the same. My skin is combi in general and I do get a couple of pimples once in a while. I'm definitely prone to that kind of thing. I bought this because I looked up the ingredients on cosdna and it looked like a very safe choice, as with most of the reviews here. Alas I will have to join the minority of reviewers who have reported a breakout.

I wore this for about 3 days with no issues.. and on the 4th day omg.. I developed a rash-like condition on my left cheek which looked and felt bumpy. It was red and irritated, I looked like a monster. I have NEVER broken out so badly from ANY product. I sent a picture to my dermatologist aunt and she said that my skin looked very sensitive and the bumps were comedones. She said "if you have been using any new product recently, stop now". Before this point I was still blaming the breakout on many other possibilities and not this foundation because it is so raved about for being oil free and suitable for acne-prone skin. I did stop and guess what, the rash like condition dissipated immediately the next day after I swapped it for my previous foundation instead. Culprit found! I read from other reviewers that this contained linolene and linalool - pretty unhealthy ingredients for the sake of fragrance. I also found on the packaging it contains alcohol denat, best known for weakening the skin's barrier.

I'm going to be very frank that apart from the breakouts, i wasn't exactly blown away by this foundation. It is quite a regular, light to medium coverage foundation that's not so different from, say, bourjois healthy mix. There are tons of Korean foundations and bb cream that outperform this. Try Innisfree Longwear BB and VDL Perfect Last Foundation. Both have one or two questionable ingredients as i looked up on cosdna but they have never wreaked havoc on my skin like this one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Ok. Most over rated foundation ever. I dont get how people like this - it breaks on my skin like no other foundation I have ever used. Maybe it needs a ton of skin prep - which i have no time for. For the price, I dont believe this delivers any value - except the fact that it looks amazing in pictures. Maybe it has some good light reflecting properties - but when u see it face to face, its a weird cakey look. What a disappointment !

on 7/30/2017 11:35:00 AM

I've worn this about six years and it is my absolute favorite. It gives me an awesome airbrushed glowy skin and never breaks me out. Actually this is one of the rarest foundations I can even wear without getting acne. (for real, I can not wear anything from Loreal,Maybelline;Dior,Chanel,MAC,Charlotte Tilbury etc.!) I would like to test new foundations all the time but can't because of their ingredients. So this is my HG. This gives medium coverage and lasts all day with a help of a Smashbox light primer.I do have to blot several times a day because I have combo skin,but it is not a problem for me.

on 6/30/2017 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm on my second bottle and will buy a 3rd! I love the full coverage and radiant finish of this foundation. The shade 4.25 matches my skin perfectly. Very blendable. My skin is dry and acne prone and Luminous Silk doesn't cause breakout or drying. Liquid gold!

I got a luxury samples (those 5 ml tubes which allow for a couple extensive tests) for some of the Armani foundations (also Power Fabric and Maestro - both not for my skin and don't even warrant a review) and I'm glad I did, because for foundations that get rave reviews I tend to lose any common sense and immediately get a full bottle or two of shades that I think might match me. So I got the shade 3 and it's neutral/yellow and it almost matched my pale skin nicely, the other light color in shade 2 looked too cool when swatched so I didn't bother with it. The application with a brush is easy, it's spreadable and doesn't set instantly so kudos for that. I could't see any harsh edges so it blends well. The coverage is somewhat sheer-medium, more layers make it medium, but then it looks chalky. That's where the pros end. It immediately sets into every pore, crease, line and wrinkle, especially under eyes. It's not long wearing either, it breaks up and continues to migrate into pores and lines all the time. I even went in with my finger to re-blend it a couple times, but after ½ h it's back. At the 4 hour mark it had completely broken up and not pretty to look at. The migration issue also makes skin look older. The next day I tried with a silica setting powder as I find those set foundations nicely without a powdery look. The powder did improve some one the migration, but it still settled in pores and lines and it still broke up at the 4 h mark. On third day I tried it on bare skin, but then it just went straight into pores and quickly broke up. To sum my experience up: it's not long-lasting at all, it does make my skin look older and rougher as the day goes on, it's a bit shiny and not in the good glowy kind of way. It's a hard pass for this foundation.

on 5/11/2017 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm on my second bottle and I love how it looks on my skin. My only complaint is that it doesn't last all day, it starts fading around 6 hours and by the time I get home, it's basically gone. But, I have very oily skin so that's pretty typical.

It really does make my skin look glowy and I love how it layers and blends with blush and bronzers. I typically use 2 pumps worth to get medium/high coverage. It feels very light and natural, blends well with my skin tone, and doesn't settle into lines.

So far this is my HG foundation, although I am tempted to try Lasting Silk for the UV coverage!

on 3/22/2017 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I tried this after seeing so many reviews and videos praising its greatness. This did not work for me. I have combo to dry skin right now. I used Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer on my problem areas (as Karima does in her videos with this). I also set it with Laura Mercier powder. This just slid off of my face or disappeared in some areas and I only wore it for about 8 hours. Where I work is very chilly, so warmth was not an issue. The places it stayed put looked okay, but not good. I'm very disappointed in this high end foundation.

I bough this after talking to a sales assistant who assured me Armani products are "recommended by dermatologists" and all use "superior' ingredients". This was music to my ears, having just suffered a 4 month period of allergy triggered eczema.

After doing a color match on me, she made up my entire face and at first, the finish was beautiful, I was impressed so bough this plus two other products (blusher and primer). By the time I got home however, my face was itchy, and by that night my ENTIRE face was red. After a careful reading of the ingredients list I was HORRIFIED to discover that Armani uses both limonene and linalool - these are cheap, well known irritants that are only added for the sake of fragrance. I was surprised that a premium brand such of this had resorted to such cheap and unnecessary ingredients. So much for "dermatologist recommended" and "superior" ingredients.... I think not!

I have combination skin and unfortunately this dried out my eye area really badly. The coverage is so nice and made my skin look smooth and somewhat skin like upon first application, but as the day went on my under eye area became visibly dry with lines forming. After wearing for a few days, my eyelid area became flakey. I tried applying extra eye cream before but I still experienced dryness. I also mixed it with my IT Cosmetics CC cream (which actually mixed very nicely) but this didn't help either. Other than that, the other areas of my face looked great and the makeup stayed in place without oxidizing in my oilier areas.