Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

on 10/11/2017 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Unforunately I wasn't a fan of this foundation, I could feel is sitting on top of my skin, the coverage was ok but not great and it didn't last very long either. I also don't like the fact that it has fragrance.

on 9/25/2017 2:54:00 PM

I'm using this foundation for a few days now and I really like it. It does get oily on my t-zone very quickly but on the normal parts of my face, the foundation does what it says. It has a gorgeous finish, really skin-like. I have to use my LM translucent powder underneath and on top of the product on my nose and forehead to control the shine for a few hours. Afterwards, I have to blot every now and then, but there is no foundation out there that could possibly control my oil-happy nose, so I'm fine with that. It also didn't break me out, which tends to happen a lot lately. Don't know how or why.

The colour I bought (3) is a tad bit too light for my NC15 skin, especially if I set it with the LM translucent powder, which always leaves a slightly white-ish colour to my face. But one shade darker (3.5 I think) was way too warm for me, so I had to settle for this one. Also, winter is coming, so it's better to have a lighter colour this time of year. I found that the MAC mineralize loose powder (in the shade extra light) works really well with this foundation, especially to darken the foundation a tiny bit. I apply it with a flat kabuki brush and then put some product on a beauty blender and blend it all out. I use the beauty blender to set the powder on my oily zones and a brush to lightly set the foundation on my cheeks (which are normal so don't need much setting).

It's a lovely product with a reasonable colour range (which most drugstore foundations don't have, so I don't understand some reviews here claiming that there are drugstore foundations better than this one). Only downside I would say is the price. 54 Euros is a lot of money for a foundation, but if I continue to like it I will definitely repurchase.

on 9/5/2017 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Flawless all day is words to describe. Its light coverage and stay 12 hours on my oily skin. I have spent huge amounts of expensive foundation because my skin is oily and acnes. This one makes it gorgeous. Highly recommended for perfect skin. But its quite pricey!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This has been my go-to foundation for years now, although admittedly that's probably a lot out of habit and the fact that it continues to receive so much media hype. Overall I'd say it's a good product, but there's definitely room for improvement, especially considering the price.

PROS:
- The best thing about this foundation is that it starts off as sheer coverage but is incredibly buildable. Keeping most of my skin under sheer coverage, where my natural coloring, freckles etc can still peek through, and only adding extra coverage where I need it, gives the illusion of having naturally great skin. I prefer a very natural 'no makeup' makeup look, so this is ideal for me. This is definitely not a foundation for those who want medium or heavy coverage over most of the face, or for creating a glamorous airbrushed instagram-style look. Use a brush or beauty blender to 'push' (not swipe) more product into the skin where you need more coverage.

- It's a dewy finish, which is great for dry skin.

- I find that it lasts a long time. I repurchase about every 6 months or so.

CONS:
- The worst thing about this foundation is the shade range. When I don't apply self-tanner even the lightest shade (2) is too dark and too yellow. In fact, I find that most of the shades run warm, even those that are supposedly neutral. Moreover, the entire system is confusing: rather than just having neutral, cool and warm shades, there are "neutral", "peachy", "rosy", "warm" "golden" and "red" ones, and for this reason you can't assume that a higher number is necessarily a darker shade than a smaller number, which is ridiculous. For example, 3.75 is actually lighter than 3.5. I would recommend anyone buying this product for the first time to take a look at the Nordstrom website because they do a pretty good run-down of the shades (http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/giorgio-armani-luminous-silk-foundation/2853110), so you have an idea of what ones you need to swatch on yourself before you get to the counter.

- I don't personally like the smell.

- The packaging is nothing special.

- No SPF.

on 8/20/2017 2:30:00 AM

Okay I'll keep it short and sweet: the good things about it are: it doesn't feel heavy, doesn't look dry at all, at the start for the first hour it gives a gorgeous finish that looks stunning. Now the bad: I have combo skin normal everywhere but I get an oily tzone throughout the day. This foundation after 2 hours made me look way too greasy. Not like dewy, just greasy and it's a shame I really wanted it to work because the first hour I had it on I was in love. I don't think this foundation is good for normal or combo skin and definitely not for oily skin. Maybe if you have really dry skin that doesn't get oily in the day. I regret buying it. I'll try mixing it with other foundations maybe so I don't waste my money because australia doesn't allow you to return makeup in most stores but yeah I wish I didn't buy it.

on 8/19/2017 12:51:00 PM

Another hyped up product that didn't wow me. It's a decent light coverage foundation with a good shade range for light to medium skin tones. But for the really hefty price tag it's not worth it. It has quite light coverage with a dewy finish that doesn't last very long on my normal to combo skin and I get shiny super quickly even tho I rarely have that issue with other foundations. I can't really understand why it's a staple for so many people including makeup artists. But I can imagine if you have super flawless skin and just want to a light veil of foundation it works.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Oh, why is this soo expensive?? So, I can't comment on the packaging because I didn't actually buy this...I got a sample from Sephora, which by the way is IMPOSSIBLE because it seems only the stores in fancy, expensive parts of town carry this to sample. I got it in the Mall of Emirates in Dubai and it is worth the hype. The coverage, formula, consistency...everything is a freaking dream! It feels so good and I was so sad when I ran out.
I will say, despite all its virtues, it is still foundation and it is hella expensive. Unless this bad boy also cleared my skin and made my eyelashes as long as extensions...I couldn't justify the price. So for all my MUAers out there who have the money to spend, go for it!

on 3/20/2017 8:52:00 AM

I really wanted it to work for me after reading so many good reviews and watching videos. But unfortunately it didn't meet my expectations.
My skin is dry and sensitive but I don't have obvious acne or scar problems. All I wanted to achieve was a really "luminious and silky" look. My skin ended up looking quite matte ! Not luminious at all. And although the coverege is medium, my skin didn't look like healthy and flawless.
Lancome teint miracle was the foundation I been using till then, I liked it but I wanted a bit more coverage that's why I tried armani. Teint miracle never irritates my sensitive skin and although armani is noncomodogenic as well, it caused some itchiness on forehead(due to my dryness maybe) but I made sure to apply a base of lots of moisturiser and primer ( which I got from Armani as well ). Nars all day luminious was also not very luminious but at least looked healthier on me. Maybe that word luminious means something different than I think.
Over all, I could't get that glowy healthy finish.
I tried this foundation for like 1-2 weeks and maybe in summer days when skin is already good, I can make use of the bottle I bought. But for now, I am considering to go back to Lancome teint miracle or try Bobbi brown intensive skin serum foundation which is said to be nice.

on 3/18/2017 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is by far the best foundation I have used, alongside with Urban Decay Naked Skin (and the discontinued Bourjois 123 Foudnation).

I have it in shades 3.0, which is my transitional shade (nc25) and 2.0, which is my winter shade (between nc15 and nc20).

The shade 2.0 is a perfect neutral shade, slightly yellow (not a beige).

The foundation works very Well on My dehydrated oily skin.

I prep my skin with a light moisturizer (Caudalie sorbet, the light pink tube). I apply the foundation with a moist sponge (Real Techniques works better than Beauty Blender - quite a mistery, really). Using a buffing brush gives a similar outcome, but the sponge is definitely a better option. That way, the pores are better covered.

When I apply the foundation, my skin looks really perfect and even.

On top I put Hourglass compact powder, but it doesn't make a difference - whichever powder is on top, it looks natural and soft (Mac loose setting powder, Guerlain Perls in Medium).

The foundation lasts really long. I tested it on all weather conditions, and there is only a difference with my oiliness but despite, the foundation sits well. I get 8 hours without retouching. By 12 hours, the foundation slightly sinks into pores, but still looks good and wearable.

I highly recommend both of the foundations!

The match is on point, the foundation is longwearing, doesn't dry my skin out and doesn't make my skin oilier than usual. It's the best I came across.

Mac Prolongwear nc20 - slightly too orange
Estée Lauder DW 1w2 - slightly too orange
Burberry Velvet Ochre - slightly darker
Lancôme 24 Idole Beige Albatre - slightly darker and too orange (match with first two above)

Urban Decay 2.0 Naked
Bourjois 123 foundation 52
Giorgio Armani Luminous 2.0

I hated this so much.Its such a strange consistency, watery and greasy at the same time!I found that it looked streaky whether I applied it with a brush,sponge or fingers and set in a really uneven way.I prefer a light to medium coverage and found myself having to use 4 or 5 pumps to cover my face.I gave it to a friend who also hated it.Really disappointed, it was so hyped and SO expensive.Extra disappointing because I really liked Maestro.Absolutely terrible.