Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Other age: 19-24
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this foundation is overrated.

for my normal to dry skin this foundation works as a mixing foundation, nothing more. emphasize my dryness, sinking in to my fine lines. not luminous enough nearly satin to matte finish.i love more dewy at least satin finish foundations.after 1 hour this foundation looks horrible on my skin, around my t-zone it emphasize every dry patch. only good and the reason i gave 3 star is staying power. packaging is great, pump is controlable. but overall can't justify the price and results.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This has a nice consistency and goes on the skin smoothly - almost like second skin except that it slightly clings to dry patches. My biggest beef with this is that throughout the day, it becomes powdery and cakey on me, which is a big no-no. I really like the smell, though. And it didn't break me out when most products do.

on 1/9/2017 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

PROS:
-Does not contain ingredients that personally break me out (I'm very sensitive to butylene glycol and pentylene glycol and these two ingredients are commonly used in liquid makeup)
-An amazing "mixer" into other foundations. If you have finicky foundations, especially super matte ones or ones that cling to dry patches, try mixing it with Armani LS! I don't wear this foundation on long 15+ hour days (haven't found a setting spray that works for me yet but Ben Nye Final Seal worked the best for me so far) but I LOVE to mix this foundation with others. I've tried mixing it with Guerlain Lingerie de Peau (my favorite combination so far), EL Double Wear, and Lancome Teint Idole. In general, everyone should try, at least once, mixing dewy foundations with satin/matte foundations - just make sure you are not mixing silicone-based foundations with water-based foundations.
-No SPF so it's great for flash photography provided that you use a setting powder without silica or titanium oxide
-I have dry/normal skin with a nose that tends to get really oily. My favorite primer for this foundation has been the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer. Hourglass Mineral Veil + Armani LS = a beautiful satin, flawless finish. However, I do not have huge pores so I can't vouch for the Hourglass Mineral Veil and Armani LS combination to be pore blurring or pore filling. If you have really dry skin, I recommend the Hourglass n28 Serum Primer! It was super hydrating and a provided a great base for Armani LS, especially if you have dry patches.
-I am NC42 and have been matched, not that perfectly, to CoverFX foundation in G60 (closest match), EL Double Wear in Spiced Sand, Lancome Teint Idole in 420 Bisque N (a bit ashy looking), and Hourglass Veil Fluid foundation in Beige (bit too light for me) and wear the Armani foundation in 6.25.
-Comes with a pump. I typically use 2 pumps for my face.
-Very buildable. I found that building it in light layers made the foundation last longer.
-It's a liquidy foundation. But I personally don't like creamy/mousey feeling foundations.
-Applies beautifully with a beauty blender. I receive so many compliments after switching to a beauty blender.
-Lasts 6 hours without primer and powder. Lasts 8+ hours with Hourglass Mineral Veil and setting powder. I haven't found a HG setting powder yet but I have used Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre in Dore which was perfect for when I was super oily, and needed a wee bit more coverage (the powder is tinted), during the summertime but now it's winter and I find it too drying. I may check out the By Terry Hyaluronic Powder or the Urban Decay setting powder next.
-I wanted to edit my review to add that I love this foundation because I can wear it when I'm super dry during the winter and when I'm more oily during the summer! It doesn't make my skin drier and it can tolerate my skin when I'm at my oiliest (it just doesn't last as long when I'm oily but I'm fine with that).

CONS:
-Not as long lasting compared to other foundations such as Estee Lauder Double Wear or Lancome Teint Idole (However, doing the Goss method of loose powder after moisturizer/primer but before foundation helped increased the longevity)
-I found that UD All Nighter oxidized Armani LS really quickly (within an hour, I was orange!)
-The price but I don't mind it - this is one of the few foundations that does not break me out
-Shade range is a bit awkwardly numbered and makes it difficult to figure out your shade if you're checking it out at Sephora. There isn't a pattern to the numbers. I advise to go on Armani's website and look at their shade descriptions!

on 5/22/2016 7:55:00 AM

This product really surprised me. I was expecting it to emphasise my oily t-zone but it just looks so lovely on the skin. I wouldn't describe this as a very dewy foundation, it has more of a glow to it that looks really natural. It makes my skin look flawless without looking cakey and still ends up looking quite natural!

This is my go to foundation when I don't want a super full coverage matte look but still want to look flawless.

on 5/17/2016 9:08:00 AM

Pros:
Great shades
Lightweight
Light-Medium coverage
Beautiful finish (satin with a blurring effect)
Packaging is nice
Long lasting without a primer (on my skin)

Cons:
The freaking price

I have combo oily skin and this works like no other. I don't know how exactly to explain it but it doesn't make me oily/dry me out. My skin just stays the way it was before applying it.
It costs 62 dollars which is super expensive. I think Sephora sells travel sizes for around 40$ in quite a few shades so that is a way to get it without paying too much.
It's the best foundation I used up to date, my mom even said it looked great/invisible and that means A LOT.
I wouldn't call it HG just because I'm super careful with that term and I haven't used it long enough, only about a month. (The only product earning the title would be the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer)
I apply it with a Beauty Blender on top of my moisturizer and set it with powder and it lasts all day. Fingers and a buffing brush would work too. When I use a smoothing primer it looks extra nice but I'm often too lazy.
I use shade 4 and it machtes my fair neutral complexion. (About an nc/w18 in mac)

On my second bottle of this product and as i rave continuously about on my blog this is my HOLY GRAIL! and its taken many years for me to say that about a foundation. For me personally it gives a natural finish on the skin when buffed in correctly but can be built and applied to give a heavier coverage. Its the perfect finish for a natural look a satin or 'silk' finish as would be suggested in the name. Not overly shiny/dewy but not matte at all. Just a natural 'glowing from within' finish.

I gave 4 lipsticks for the price because yes it is a high end item and therefor is pricy HOWEVER as someone who frequently shops for high end beauty that price is not shocking or crazy for me. I do believe it is worth every penny. But i can understand why some people would find the price crazy for a foundation. I usually get it for around £35 i believe.

The packaging gets 4 lipsticks too because with both my old bottle and my new bottle they both leaked a little bit and did get a tiny bit messy. Also I have found sometimes the pump doesn't pump out any foundation as if it were finishing but actually when you go to tap a little out the bottle without the pump loads pours out! For that reason only I had to remove a lipstick for packaging.

Overall I love this foundation my skin is usually oily and has been extremely oily (although my skin is oily I am not one of those people with oily skin that then wants extremely matte skin I love a big of a glow) It holds up well with oily skin keeping in mind I do set my foundation. As well working with my oily skin there was a period of time a couple month ago were i developed some eczema on my face and it also worked pretty well with that extremely dry skin. Even though during that time my eczema was not controlled at all (when it first developed i diddnt know it was eczema and tried to continue with my normal skin care routine) And it didn't cling to the dry patches too much at all. considering I wear make up most days I think I had an issue only once where my skin got really sore and then it did cling a little. But I'm not sure ANY foundation could have put up with that. I would definitely recommend this foundation to everyone with all skin types whether your looking for a natural or heavier coverage. It works great with both a brush and a beauty blender!

I have been searching for a holy grail foundation for ages, I have tried so many drug store/luxury brands but this is by far the best foundation I have used up to date. I will be stocking up on this as soon as I start running low.

The description is in the name really, luminous. The foundation has an amazing glow that gives you a great dewy look that lasts all day.

For the price of this foundation - £37.00 I'd definitely recommend getting colour matched at a counter and trying samples. Foundation is an important step in make up, if you get that wrong then it looks silly.

It states that it is for all skin types, I have combination skin which is also prone to acne breakouts and it works a dream on me. Doesnt go oily and it lasts all day.

It's lightweight and silky, it states its medium coverage which I completely agree with, if you wanted to build it to full there should be no problem.

It really does have a natural finish to it and it comes with a pump applicator which is always great.

I'd definitely recommend this foundation to everyone.

Update: after using a bottle of this foundation it did find the finish was too glowy for me, therefore I decided to try a matte finish foundation.

on 3/16/2016 11:09:00 AM

The Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation is not cheap, it comes in at £36.50 a bottle, but it is most definitely worth the price. With 21 different shades to choose from, it is a foundation everyone can use...

on 4/14/2015 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

so I've given this a 4 as I'm yet to find the PERFECT foundation, but so far this is the nearest I've found! I'm quite tanned( work in a tanning salon lol) and I found shade 7 was actually the best matched shade foundation I've EVER had, so even for that purpose alone I'd 100% purchase again(I'm more pinky toned & a lot of other foundations make me look orangey, this just disappears into my skin effortlessly but still makes look tanned). I have dry skin and this is much better than Estee Lauder double wear my old foundation. I'd recommend going into a Debenhams or selfridges and having the sales assistant find your perfect match but for anyone ordering online I wore Honey Bronze in EL double wear which was as I said abit orangey and i ordered this in shade 7. Girls with a more yellow undertone I'd go for 6.5

on 1/4/2015 2:11:00 PM