Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by age: 19-24
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this foundation is overrated.

for my normal to dry skin this foundation works as a mixing foundation, nothing more. emphasize my dryness, sinking in to my fine lines. not luminous enough nearly satin to matte finish.i love more dewy at least satin finish foundations.after 1 hour this foundation looks horrible on my skin, around my t-zone it emphasize every dry patch. only good and the reason i gave 3 star is staying power. packaging is great, pump is controlable. but overall can't justify the price and results.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

So let me tell you, I have tried all kinds of foundations, im a "foundation Junkie".
This was actually one of my first high end foundations and I bought it around 4,5 years ago.
I am mixed so my undertone is olive/yellow-ish. And i found that this foundtion really carters amazingly to my undertone.

I love the satin, luminous like finish and the fact that you can build it. It doesn't cake my face or even show my texture to much.
i always would go back to this foundation so that I decided to stick with it.

For me it lasts quite long I have dry to combination skin and prep with moistruizer.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my favourite foundation, it's just too bad it's so expensive (well it IS Giorgi Armani..)
I find that this foundation works perfectly with my combination skin, oily t-zone and chin and dry flaky skin around my nose. I love the coverage of this, to me this is light and is PERFECT for me as I hate cakey full coverage foundations on my skin and find that they never work for me. Instead I find that this enhances my skin and I like how I can still see freckles under it. This foundation does not dry my skin out and makes my skin look really healthy. I pair this with the Laura Mercier translucent powder and find that it's perfect. I will continue to buy this even though of the price because I LOVE it.
I would imagine that this foundation wouldn't be very suitable for someone with very oily skin as this is not a long-wearing matte foundation. If you have oily skin I'd recommend setting it with a good setting powder.

on 5/17/2018 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

First off, this is not for oily skin. This would be perfect for normal to dry skin. I have oily skin BUT I use this foundation after I do a face mask that dries my skin out. It is soooo beautiful and makes my face look like I’m glowing! On my oily skin days though, it does not last at all, it will last about 3 to 4 hours then get super oily and break down. A primer definitely helps though! So all in all I would recommend it to normal-dry skin, it’s a great foundation and it doesnt look cakey. It’s expensive but worth it if you have the right skin type for it

on 4/8/2018 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I’ve had this foundation now for a couple of months now. I expected this foundation to be luminous and dewy...it definitely isn’t that on me. My skin is dry to normal, however I have tried different primers with this and I still find it drying. I really wanted to love this product but I think it’s just overly hyped. It has a light to medium coverage. Goes on smoothly and no spf in the foundation so great for photography. For shade reference: My shade in this is 7.5 for anything thinking about purchasing... Estée Lauder Double Wear, 4W1 Honey Bronze Estée Lauder Double Wear Light, 4.0 Lancôme Teint Idole 24 Hours - 050

This is probably my favorite foundation, it's pretty sheer and not full coverage but it blends so nicely and works so well on my skin even though I have dry skin problems!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is an amazing lightweight, medium coverage foundation. It has great lasting power and wears beautifully throughout the day. My hands-down favourite thing about this foundation is the colour match I got, I find it so difficult finding fair shades that don't have strong pink undertones or strong yellow undertones but this one has the perfect neutral fair shade that doesn't oxidize at all.

I would for sure recommend this product, and also I find it's best applied with a dense brush or fingertips. A sponge would just be a total waste of product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've tried countless foundations, ranging from dirt cheap to more expensive than this (crazy, I know), but I can really never find anything that comes close to this one. The finish it gives me is just incredible— photoshopped- looking, but also not too makeup-y. Truly a paradox. Moreover, I have dry skin and this stuff never accentuates dry patches, it also isn't like traditionally dewy and hydrating foundations that provide the moisture by making the formula emollient and greasy, leading to the foundation slipping and sliding on my face and transferring to everything I touch. Granted, this foundation isn't very long wearing even on my dry skin, but when it fades, it fades evenly and in a way that never makes me feel anxious to look in a mirror worried at what I might see. The only thing I would like to see improved is the shade range. I'd love to see a light olive color, similar to shade 6 but for an NC 20-25. I currently have to mix 6 and 3 (a light yellow- toned shade) to get my perfect match. Oh, and the price could be more reasonable too of course!

on 2/6/2018 6:56:00 PM

Love the light texture, you’ll have to apply it quick because it dries fast. Medium coverage and a lot of shades to choose from. A little goes a long way

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really, REALLY wanted to love this product. I have heard so many great things about it and I was excited about the name of the foundation, Luminious Silk, because of my dry skin. This foundation dries out my skin so much. I have to put on a thick moisturizer, a hydrating primer and 3 drops of beauty oil in it to make it work for my skin. If I do all of those steps, it does come out beautiful. But it's a LOT of effort to make it work for me, especially for $64. I will continue to use it, but sadly will not repurchase.