Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is without a doubt an amazing foundation. The price is pretty steep, but once you try this foundation you will understand. I love it because it's blends to seamlessly into my skin giving medium to full coverage and a natural luminosity. You can't tell you're wearing foundation. It Just looks like you have beautiful skin! It's my fall back foundation because it is very good for my sensitive acne prone skin and doesn't irritate it In the least. The shade range is also incredible so you'll be able to find a match. The only reason why its not perfect is because of the lasting power. It doesn't last a great amount of time and I do get oily after a couple hours.

on 7/9/2013 7:06:00 PM

OMG HOLY GRAIL. This foundation is so beautiful on the skin , the shade range is awesome to! 5 is a perfect match for me and I have abit of a tan right now. I'm so happy I found this. The finish is a natural satin finish but it's sooo glowy! It's gorgeous your skin looks airbrushed and perfect the coverage is I'd say a medium and can be built up but personally one layer is perfect! Also I love using the Armani blender brush it's awesome!

This is a lovely foundation especially for the evening, it photographs beautifully without flashbacks, a really good choice for important occasions.
I like that it is subtly luminous and does not irritate my skin. Medium-buildable coverage, excellent for good-skin days. You are however expected to use a concealer to cover up eye-bags/acnes.

I use it with the Armani Light Master Primer and lasts me the whole day, though I may need to blot my T-zone a little by the evening. The lasting power is great set it with powder.

The cons of this foundation is definitely the price, but I guess it's good to have this foundation in your collection like I said for important events. I am not surprised if make up artists suggest using this foundation for weddings.

For your reference I am a little bit lighter than NC20 and I am in shade #3 recommended by the lady at the counter (she tested out several shades on my face). I have normal/dry skin with occasional break-outs, slightly oily T-zone.

**if you have oily skin you may find the luminosity offensive.

on 1/31/2013 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

________ This review is actually for the Designer-Lift Foundation, not the LS! Oops.________

I have mixed feelings about this foundation because I do like the look of it when applied correctly, but I break out every time I use it. #4 is perfect for my NC 25 skintone, although NC 25 in Mac makeup is actually slightly too dark for my light Asian skin. If you use too much of this foundation it cakes. My ex-boyfriend noticed when I had this foundation on one day and said I looked flakey, how embarrassing!
In general, this foundation looks good if you don't overdo it. On days when I want to look more dolled up, I switch out my daily Cover FX Pressed Mineral Foundation for this foundation under some Chanel translucent powder, or a very light application of Shesido foundation powder.

PROS:
Looks natural under daylight (Just don't cake it up)
Medium Coverage
Doesn't fade after a full day of wear
Doesn't make me oily
Photographs beautifully!

CONS:
Breaks me out after each use
Can look flakey (Although it might just be the wrong foundation-powder combo on my part...)

I have extremely acne-prone skin, so most products break me out after prolonged use, especially liquid foundations. Overall, if your skin isn't too acne-prone, or if you just need to look nice for a special occasion, I would definitely recommend this foundation :)

UPDATE 6/1/13

I wore this to my senior prom last week, taking a leap of faith that my skin wouldn't have a bad reaction to the foundation since I hadn't tried using it in a while. Unfortunately, I was broken out quite badly on my forehead and chin by the time I washed it off that night. I've never developed cystic acne from this foundation, like I had with Nars Tinted Moisturizer and BB Creams, just whiteheads and some small red bumps. Strangely enough, the next morning my face looked like it cleared up a bit from the night before so I know that it was a cosmetic reaction to this foundation that caused my skin to have a mini freak out. I wore it underneath a thin layer of Bare Minerals, with my MUF concealer underneath. The MUF concealer is awesome because it's the only liquid-type of foundation/concealer that I can use without breaking out and Bare Minerals generally doesn't break me out if I wear it once in a while. Long story short (too late) I looked super-duper great in all my prom pictures and though I had to blot some excess oil halfway into the night, the foundation stayed in place. Only problem was the breakouts that the foundation gave me, like every time I try it out. Like I said before, great for special occasions, but bad for everyday use for me.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

HOLY LETDOWN this foundation was TERRIBLE. I bought this foundation about 2 weeks ago and have applied it in every which way I could possibly imagine and NOTHING seems to make it look good. It always looks incredibly streaky whether I use a dry sponge, wet sponge, a flat foundation brush, a flat top kabuki brush or my fingers-it never fails so I guess its at least consistent lol. The coverage is pretty poor, the finish it nothing to be wowed about, the wear time is below average and its application is freaking terrible. On top of that all, this foundation costed me $74 Canadian Dollars. This is a product where it probably costed the brand about $4 to make the packaging and the mediocre foundation and the rest of of your $70 goes towards that powerful name, Giorgio Armani. Stuff like that REALLY pisses me off. What pisses me off even more was that I actually got completely sucked in to buying this product. At this point I absolutely refuse to believe that a foundation for $74 can do much more than a foundation for $50. What irks me most about this foundation other than the huge ripoff is that I am 16 years old with fairly nice skin and I find that I look better without this foundation than with it on- how on earth could this help anyone with troubled skin? It can't. I've used products for a quarter of the price which make my skin look more flawless and luminous than this. Overall I just hate this product, its probably one of my most regretted purchases of all time and that is saying a whole lot given the fact that I am a massive makeup junkie. I can't see how this would help out anyone who has anything less than completely flawless skin. Good thing we can return things in Canada because tomorrow I'm taking it back for a refund no questions asked!

This is the best foundation I've used so far. Good coverage, I'd say medium, without looking fake. Don't try this with milk of magnesia underneath. When I did that, it made it look very fake. Anyway, the finish is dewy and smooth. I usually top this foundation w/Stila IPF. Dewy isn't my "thang"..lol. I took off one lippy because it's just a tad too oily for me, but I can deal with it, just use those oil blotters ;) I highly reccommend this foundation.