Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

4.1

on 10/24/2018 1:41:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

The only reason I gave it 4 star is because it's very expensive and hard to find in Indonesia. This is a hype foundation that everyone talked about and it lives up to its expectation:
- Great staying power (wore it for 8 hours straight with 2x ablution in between - and it still stays as if nothing happened)
- Hydrating (I have dry skin)
- Medium coverage that can be build to high coverage
- It does gives you that luminous silky skin (as it named) without over powering sheen or shimmer
I do find it a bit "too made up" to be worn as everyday foundation but it definitely is a star performer for those so called "special occasions".

on 7/4/2018 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

My typical "everyday" foundation, although I only wear foundation like a few times a year, is the L'oreal Infallible Pro Matte, which keeps my face perfect . But sometimes it's just a bit too matte, so on special occasions like weddings and stuff when I'm gonna be photographed a lot then I wanted something to give my skin more dimension. Enter Luminous Silk.

I wear this over my Skindinavia Primer Spray (Oil Control) and the combination keeps my oils at bay for about 4 - 6 hours. After that I need to blot and powder to stay pretty but that's fine with me. I love the way this makes my skin look, it just looks radiant and flawless (for the first 4-6 hours) like I was born with it, doesn't look like I'm wearing a lot of makeup.

I also discovered something about my skintone from experimenting with the lovely Giorgio Armani SAs at Neiman––my neck colour is a shade 4 in Luminous Silk, but my actual face colour is 4.5. My face looks unnatural to me when I wear 4, but it blends in perfectly with my neck. It also makes my skin look brighter, and my eyeshadows (like the gold-copper shade Ambient from Smashbox) show up more beautifully on fairer skin. Unfortunately, if any of the foundation rubs away or if I apply too thin of a layer, then you can see this sitting on my skin which is a different colour. 4.5 looks a little too dark for my neck (just barely, only makeup artists would notice) but it is my actual perfect skin match. I also prefer when my face is a bit darker to mitigate ghostface in flash photography. So yes, I ended up buying the shade 4.5!

For reference I'm about NC30 in MAC. I think my neck is more like NC25.

Will try this foundation out in a tropical climate where I live, and will also try with setting spray on top to see if it keeps me oil-free for longer!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this foundation is overrated.

for my normal to dry skin this foundation works as a mixing foundation, nothing more. emphasize my dryness, sinking in to my fine lines. not luminous enough nearly satin to matte finish.i love more dewy at least satin finish foundations.after 1 hour this foundation looks horrible on my skin, around my t-zone it emphasize every dry patch. only good and the reason i gave 3 star is staying power. packaging is great, pump is controlable. but overall can't justify the price and results.

on 3/30/2018 4:33:00 PM

I was in the market for a new foundation and after hearing so much about it from different sources I went with this product. I was disappointed by how patchy it gets after a few hours and when I was getting my makeup done by professional she commented that it was a bit dry. My skin is generally normal-combo so if you have any leaning towards dry skin I would stay away from this.

on 3/2/2018 2:35:00 AM

A very good foundation that has an exceptionally skin-like finish.
Colour range is superb and makes it easy to select the correct match for everyone and for every season.

The formula’s success lays in its genuine simplicity really. And this is what makes this foundation so versatile too.
It is basically a blend of a volatile silicone oil and a hydrocarbon along with glycerin as humectant and some added powders to have a more elegant finish. It does contain some fragrance ingredients.

It is a pity that it does not contain some environmental-protective actives or anti-inflammatories to make it even better and “justify the price”.
However, excluding the ingredients (actives) that are totally unnecessary for the formula, makes it also suitable for all, even for a very sensitive skin-type.
People that use the LRP Cicaplast Balm will have surely made the connection that this foundation indeed feels very much like the Balm, just lighter. (the structural formula of both of these products are very similar indeed.)

Ingredients: Aqua / Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Alcohol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tristearin, Cellulose Gum, Nylon-12, Limonene, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Diphenyl Dimethicone Acrylates Copolymer, Parfum / Fragrance, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Aluminum Hydroxide, Hexyl Cinnamal [ /- May Contain CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / Iron Oxides CI 77007 / Ultramarines Mica

on 10/19/2017 1:50:00 PM

Oh I'm going to add to what so many have already said. I too had such high hopes for this Foundation. The foundation does what it says which is that it Glides on smoothly, buildable coverage with a luminous glow. My complexion with this makeup looked absolutely stunning. I was just so amazed, even in the Sun! But that is where my love affair ended. Like others, I had a reaction. My face started itching at the end of the day to the point where I ran home to take the makeup off. With everyone else's reviews on breakouts and reactions to this Foundation, there was no way I was going to try it for another day as my skin just cleared up from a bad hormonal Breakout.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This has a nice consistency and goes on the skin smoothly - almost like second skin except that it slightly clings to dry patches. My biggest beef with this is that throughout the day, it becomes powdery and cakey on me, which is a big no-no. I really like the smell, though. And it didn't break me out when most products do.

on 8/23/2017 7:41:00 AM

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk no. 4 --> bought this a while ago at Singapore actually the sales person told me that I should take no.3 but I think that no.4 would matches my face really well . I really love the finish , skin- like ‘I swear I’m not wearing any foundation ‘ texture. And it lasts all darn day ( But if I use it in humid country like Indonesia in few hours it looks greasy but still looks nice on my face ). One main point is this foundation didn't look greyish and oily the way Missha BB cream do. ( But, Hey don't get me wrong I still love my Missha Signature Real Complete BB cream very much because it did not cause my face to breakout but if I didn't clean it throughly it will cause a few pimples on my face eventho I rarely got any pimple )

on 7/30/2017 11:35:00 AM

I've worn this about six years and it is my absolute favorite. It gives me an awesome airbrushed glowy skin and never breaks me out. Actually this is one of the rarest foundations I can even wear without getting acne. (for real, I can not wear anything from Loreal,Maybelline;Dior,Chanel,MAC,Charlotte Tilbury etc.!) I would like to test new foundations all the time but can't because of their ingredients. So this is my HG. This gives medium coverage and lasts all day with a help of a Smashbox light primer.I do have to blot several times a day because I have combo skin,but it is not a problem for me.

on 5/1/2017 8:45:00 PM

I'm the queen of drugstore products and so resisted buying this, but I had a photo shoot and knew that my usual foundation contained too much spf and would give some flashback. Finally caved and bought this and must say that it has a wonderful finish. I've already gotten compliments on my skin using it. It doesn't last longer than 4-6 hours but most don't on me anyway. The price is so high, but I'm using small amounts to try to make it last. A winner for sure.