Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is consistently a fantastic foundation.
This is skin like satin finish with high medium coverage and it doesn’t sink into fine lines at all (if you are having issues with that avoid putting primer on the fine lines, the more product you put there the worst you’ll notice them.)
3.75 is a good match, a little more pink than ususally but looos fine blended in to my NW10 skin. (Could be just a little lighter but it works)
Shade 2 works too but is a tinge too yellow for me
This gives a beautiful natural lightly powdered skin look.
This is used by makeup artist world wide and for good reason, it’s unlike any other.
Perfect on my dry skin and patches

This is not Dewey and it doesn’t claim to be, if you read the box or description before buying it tells you it has a satin finish so I’m not sure why some reviews take points off for that..
It’s called luminous silk and if you think of silk you can see why in the finish, the dimension it has and how it reacts to lighting... it really is like silk.

This is in my top faves and I have tried over 1k foundations.
This is currently number one! The rest are
La Mer the soft longwear foundation
Hourglass vanish
Tom Ford traceless perfecting foundation
L’Oréal infallible pro glow (similar to luminous silk really but has lots less dimension)
Huda beauty foundation

on 7/4/2018 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

My typical "everyday" foundation, although I only wear foundation like a few times a year, is the L'oreal Infallible Pro Matte, which keeps my face perfect . But sometimes it's just a bit too matte, so on special occasions like weddings and stuff when I'm gonna be photographed a lot then I wanted something to give my skin more dimension. Enter Luminous Silk.

I wear this over my Skindinavia Primer Spray (Oil Control) and the combination keeps my oils at bay for about 4 - 6 hours. After that I need to blot and powder to stay pretty but that's fine with me. I love the way this makes my skin look, it just looks radiant and flawless (for the first 4-6 hours) like I was born with it, doesn't look like I'm wearing a lot of makeup.

I also discovered something about my skintone from experimenting with the lovely Giorgio Armani SAs at Neiman––my neck colour is a shade 4 in Luminous Silk, but my actual face colour is 4.5. My face looks unnatural to me when I wear 4, but it blends in perfectly with my neck. It also makes my skin look brighter, and my eyeshadows (like the gold-copper shade Ambient from Smashbox) show up more beautifully on fairer skin. Unfortunately, if any of the foundation rubs away or if I apply too thin of a layer, then you can see this sitting on my skin which is a different colour. 4.5 looks a little too dark for my neck (just barely, only makeup artists would notice) but it is my actual perfect skin match. I also prefer when my face is a bit darker to mitigate ghostface in flash photography. So yes, I ended up buying the shade 4.5!

For reference I'm about NC30 in MAC. I think my neck is more like NC25.

Will try this foundation out in a tropical climate where I live, and will also try with setting spray on top to see if it keeps me oil-free for longer!

on 6/29/2018 12:12:00 PM

This foundation looks really pretty when first applied. It is amazingly lightweight and gives an airbrushed look. But fast forward about 4 hours and it's break up or disappearing on my oily skin. If I only need my skin to look good for a certain number of hours it's great, but it's not a workhorse all day formula, at least for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this foundation is overrated.

for my normal to dry skin this foundation works as a mixing foundation, nothing more. emphasize my dryness, sinking in to my fine lines. not luminous enough nearly satin to matte finish.i love more dewy at least satin finish foundations.after 1 hour this foundation looks horrible on my skin, around my t-zone it emphasize every dry patch. only good and the reason i gave 3 star is staying power. packaging is great, pump is controlable. but overall can't justify the price and results.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

So let me tell you, I have tried all kinds of foundations, im a "foundation Junkie".
This was actually one of my first high end foundations and I bought it around 4,5 years ago.
I am mixed so my undertone is olive/yellow-ish. And i found that this foundtion really carters amazingly to my undertone.

I love the satin, luminous like finish and the fact that you can build it. It doesn't cake my face or even show my texture to much.
i always would go back to this foundation so that I decided to stick with it.

For me it lasts quite long I have dry to combination skin and prep with moistruizer.

Eyes: Violet

Product: 6/10
Colour: 4/10 Not the best shade range
Blendability: 8/10
Coverage: Medium, slightly build-able
Finish: Demi Mate
Price: 3/10
Packaging 10/10

I really wanted to like this product because everyone absolutely raves about it but it was NOT for my skin. This is my review for dry skin, slightly acne prone slightly texture skin.

The colour on my skin was wack, I have light skin with rosy undertones but this looked like white out on my face.The next shade with my proper undertone was for medium skin.

Foundation blends pretty good but come on its medium coverage, how thick can it be if its mostly water, alcohol denant and cyclopentasiloxane

Coverage was disappointing if im using a 70$ foundation i want it to cover at least some of my redness and dont want to have to use multiple layers.

The finish is what threw me for the biggest loop, i know some brand like Nars will have foundation names that suggest quite dewy but are more mate or satin but this was medium coverage marketed as luminous so i thought it would have a bit more of a wet look. nope looked quite powdery and drying on the skin

Price is expected for a prestige brand but the value isn't there because of the need to build.
The packaging is vanity candy though,it just says i'm boujee

Overall i'm disappointed and quite surprised because of all the hype, would probably work best for someone who uses a brush for their foundation ( I used hands and brush and brush looks best ) I'd be wary to us with a sponge because its watery and again this is $70 foundation that needs to be build a bit so you'd want all the coverage you can get. I'd suggest this for someone with more normalized oil levels which already has quite smooth skin and little acne and discoloration. The BEST way i got this to work is by mixing some facial oil in to counteract the mattifying effect, spot conceal redness and imperfections with a concealer either before or after and stipple on a layer concentrating on center of face.

on 6/10/2018 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I just HATE not liking this. There are so few foundations that really work well for mature skin and this is always been touted as one of them.

But not for me.

I wanted something that provides some even-ing out redness and that left a radiant finish. And I didn't want it to immediately sit in fine lines.

But it jumped to my lines and did nothing to even out my skin tone.

And that was trying it with multip!e primers but ALWAYS sunscreen underneath. These days, If a foundation doesn't work over a serious sunscreen, pass it by.

Plus with all the unhelpful shade numbers, and that thing at Sephora that types your skin color, my share still looked awful.

$64.00 - what a waste of $$$.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'd like to begin with my main negative with this foundation: it broke me out. Initially, with the first application and wear, it was going outstandingly well and it looked so beautiful on my skin; in fact, I actually got compliments on how my skin looked which is shocking to me because my skin is probably the largest disaster to exist in this universe. It gave me medium-coverage, as claimed, and it had a satin finish which was so appealing to me. Unfortunately, some things are too good to be true and this broke my skin out in many pimples, mainly around my cheeks, chin and jawline; apparently Christmas came early, and this was not a 'gift' I wanted! However, the breakout did not happen initially, it occurred after consistent usage over the span of four days. So, I'm guessing the breakout is just due to my acne-prone skin disliking basically every brilliant product there is on the market.

Now, for the positives: it made my skin look like butter. That's all, and that's enough for me to become obsessed with a foundation; any product which can make my skin appear significantly smoother, healthier and glass-like is automatically a win-win.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really don't understand all the hype over this foundation. It has very little pigmentation and I didn't find it to be very buildable to increase the coverage. I'll stick with my Nars Sheer Glow, thanks.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my favourite foundation, it's just too bad it's so expensive (well it IS Giorgi Armani..)
I find that this foundation works perfectly with my combination skin, oily t-zone and chin and dry flaky skin around my nose. I love the coverage of this, to me this is light and is PERFECT for me as I hate cakey full coverage foundations on my skin and find that they never work for me. Instead I find that this enhances my skin and I like how I can still see freckles under it. This foundation does not dry my skin out and makes my skin look really healthy. I pair this with the Laura Mercier translucent powder and find that it's perfect. I will continue to buy this even though of the price because I LOVE it.
I would imagine that this foundation wouldn't be very suitable for someone with very oily skin as this is not a long-wearing matte foundation. If you have oily skin I'd recommend setting it with a good setting powder.