John Frieda Frizz-Ease Smooth Start Corrective Shampoo

No Image

3.5

I have bought this shampoo and it's matching conditioner over 10 times now. Nothing at the drugstore beats it! It makes me hair SO UNBELIEVABLY soft and manageable - a miracle worker if you live in a humid climate.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I live in Texas and it's HUMID! This shampoo really helps. I recommend the serums too!

on 7/11/2011 8:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

As I am leaning toward 40, my hair has become more and more unruly. Medium thickness, moderate wave, tons of flyaways frizz. I bought the shampoo and conditioner of this product figuring what the heck? Well I really like this shampoo and conditioner. Shampoo is very creamy, light lather, scent nice not exciting, results, much smoother less unruly hair. Has worked much better than so many others. Even very pricey brands.

I think this is the Repairing shampoo, not Corrective? Anyways, I got the shamp/cond and ex. str. serum as a sample. Used all three. Did nothing for me. Honestly, my poofy, frizzy, curly hair looked just as frizzy as usual but a bit more greasy because of the serum. So disappointed! I've realized the only shamp/cond that does anything for me is Nature's Gate. Natural ingredients do so much more for your hair, believe me!

I have VERY thick, curly (loose curls), frizzy hair and this is the best drugstore shampoo by far that I have found! No, it doesn't make my hair straight as some people seem to think that it should, but it does make it a lot smoother and virtually frizz-free. I had no problems with the bigger sized bottle - I thought it was nice, since I didn't have to replace it as often. Also, with the cap on the bottom, it makes it easier to use up every last drop than with most shampoo bottles. I think this product is great. Sure, theres probably something better out there, but it will cost you at least twice as much.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I had high hopes for this shampoo, having used and loved almost all other John Frieda styling products. As a shampoo goes, it's nothing special. It'll clean your hair and that's about it. I could get the same effect from a 99 cent bottle of Suave. Same goes for the conditioner. The packaging is *awful*. The hole in the tube is way too big and way too much product oozes out when you're trying to get a little bit out to wash your hair. It's awkward to hold in the shower when your hands are wet, and the snap cap doesn't snap shut securely, so every time you pick the tube up there is a whole bunch of water sitting inside the lid. Definitely won't purchase again!

on 3/5/2007 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hmm, what a waste of space this was. I did use all the bottle but never noticed one jot of difference in the state or manageability of my hair. Wouldn't recommend, although it's a nice inoffensive clear shampoo that leaves no residue. Not impressed at all, same goes for the conditioner.

While frizz ease extra strength formula shampoo (in purple bottle) is one of my fave shampoos, I am disappointed at its lighter version in white tube/ bottle. Ths shampoo itself is ok. The problem is that whenever I use this shampoo, my hands dry out. It turns wrinkly, and parched for a few hours. It may show how drying/ abrasive this product can be. Very strange because it never happened to me. Maybe because it contains harsh detergents? (it contains both sodium laureth and lauryl sulfate as 2nd and 3rd ingredients).

i'm always trying new shampoos, and this one has to be the best. it was a bit more than what i usually pay, but totally worth it. my hair is normally frizzy and unmanageable, and this made it so smooth and silky. i always straighten my hair and this shampoo(with the conditioner) has pretty much cut my straightening time in half!

on 11/13/2005 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have long, curly hair that tends to become a puffball as soon as there's any humidity in the air. That's precisely why I tries this shampoo and its conditioner sidekick. At first I was really impressed with the results - my hair was soft and more tame. Unfortunately those results only lasted a couple of days, and my hair got more and more coarse. After feeling my hair the other day, my boyfriend described it as feeling "like wool". Yikes! Perhaps the only redeeming quality that this product has is its great smell. Frizz Ease shampoo was not my cure-all for frizz, although I do like the serum for when I want to wear it straight.