Lancome Mousse Confort- Foaming Cream Cleanser

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Lancome Mousse Confort- Foaming Cream Cleanser

4.4

water, glycerin, sodium cocoyl glycinate, myristic acid, montmorillonite, butylene glycol, palmitic acid, glycol stearate, lauric acid, stearic acid, titanium dioxide, potassium hydroxide, fragrance, shea butter, phenoxyethanol, sodium hydroxide, sodium hexametaphosphate, butylparaben, salicylic acid, tetrasodium edta, propylparaben, p-anisic acid, o-cymen-5-ol, rosa canina fruit oil, hexyl cinnamal, tocopherol, propylene glycol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, geraniol, farnesol, rosa gallica extract, red 33, nelumbium speciosum extract, red 4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My skin's been in a really bad patch lately. My rosacea's been flaring so I got out my big guns: finacea and 1% tretinoin cream in addition to my regular metrogel and antibiotics. I was flaking, breaking out, dry, in short a mess and miserable. All my regular cleansers in my arsenal were stinging me like Cerave, Cetaphil, LRP, even Mir. I was getting desperate. So I dug out my sample of this not expecting squat but after just a small dollop, I had soft cushy foam that blanketed my face, Cleaned off my sunscreen in one fell swoop without me needing to use an oil beforehand or a washcloth. (And when your face is hurting this is a godsend.) When I rinsed it off my face felt softer, supple and some of the flakes were gone. Yes it is highly fragranced but it didn't sting the redness around my nose. I used it again on subsequent days and had the same experience. And no additional breakouts! It wasn't my imagination.

I then tried it again with my Clarisonic as my face healed and it was even better since it was just the right amount of cushioning against the brush head. Love! I will continue to use this.

I am so glad that Lancome is so generous with their samples. My tube is a big 2 oz tube for a sample tube and I never would have tried this otherwise just because of the fragrance alone. This and the Creme Radiance cleanser--again a sample--have convinced me that Lancome skincare samples are not throwaway pieces of crap in the skincare world.

on 9/23/2011 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

I got this in a GWP deal. I think the key to using this is to be sure to wet face well, then use the tiniest amount you can squeeze out, - think pencil eraser diameter. Even a pea size is too much. Perhaps this is why some reviewers have complained about dryness.

I get lots of foaming coverage, and it seems to remove makeup well. The 2 oz. tube should last me for months. I may just toss it in my travel kit - I Like the plastic tube packaging.
As for all the chemicals, I may try alternating this with my fave John Masters cleanser, just for some balance. Too bad his comes in a glass pump bottle - not for travel for sure.

This is a beautiful cleanser. I use it when I have had a hard day or when I am getting ready for a night out. The cleanser makes my skin soft and glowing and really clean! I use it with the Hydra Zen cream and eye cream. My skin is in great condition when I use this at least once a week in the summer and pretty much every day in the winter. Love it. Will repurchase.

on 11/26/2004 8:55:00 PM

I really like this cleanser. It isn't very soaplike it's more of a
gel that liquifies with the water as you massage it on your face. It has a pleasant light fragrance that has not irritated my somewhat sensitive skin. It does a good job cleansing
away makeup and dirt without drying.
I have used almost the whole tube now and I still enjoy using this.

on 2/17/2004 12:30:00 AM

This is a great cleaner for combo skin that tends to dry a bit in the winter months. It lasts forever, as you only need just a bit of it. Makes a nice lather and doesnt strip the skin. My only gripe is that you need to use a separate eye makeup remover, imo. If you can get this in a gwp, all the better as the size is perfect for only using it part of the year, unless you have dry skin all the time.