Lancome Mousse Confort- Foaming Cream Cleanser

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Lancome Mousse Confort- Foaming Cream Cleanser

water, glycerin, sodium cocoyl glycinate, myristic acid, montmorillonite, butylene glycol, palmitic acid, glycol stearate, lauric acid, stearic acid, titanium dioxide, potassium hydroxide, fragrance, shea butter, phenoxyethanol, sodium hydroxide, sodium hexametaphosphate, butylparaben, salicylic acid, tetrasodium edta, propylparaben, p-anisic acid, o-cymen-5-ol, rosa canina fruit oil, hexyl cinnamal, tocopherol, propylene glycol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, geraniol, farnesol, rosa gallica extract, red 33, nelumbium speciosum extract, red 4

on 10/27/2015 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

OK I tried this separately from anything else new in my gwp from Lancome and this is really nice.

1 star off for the Lancome stench, why they stink up skin care with perfume that lasts and lasts on the skin is beyond me. Smells cheap too. And I tried washing the scent off, but it won't go. So I gave up and used it on it's own, no clinique to wash the scent off so I can report on how it works.

It's a bit drying. But it leaves my skin beautifully clean, and as long as I get my BHA toner from Clinique wiped on followed by serious moisturizers, this works nicely. I have sensitive skin and in spite of the Lancome stench, the perfume they use doesn't irritate the way the Bienfait spf 30 day cream scent does (different scent).

I do get some seborrheic keratosis, and I have the redness that goes with rosacea along with the underskin bumps and I get milia sometimes when I use super rich creams. I had a bit of milia going on but this cleaned it right out. I'd been reacting a bit to something else earlier so I had some itchy red pimples coming on, and this cleared them right up.

I think if you have oily or combo skin that is sensitive this cleanser will work really well.

HOWEVER the cost factor is a choke point! If you want the SAME lovely creamy foaming clean action of this cleanser but cheaper and WITHOUT any fragrance check out Clinique's pink foaming rinse off cleanser that comes in the squeeze tube format. It looks, feels and performs the exact same, this is a complete dupe but at half the cost and zero fragrance.

on 11/6/2013 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got this as a sample and it is by far my favorite creme cleanser ever. It feels nice and rich, doesn't dry out my skin, does an amazing job at removing makeup, and smells great. Lancome did a great job in formulating this. I have tried to find drugstore dupes of this that aren't as expensive, but sadly I haven't.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought this when I determined that the Chanel mousse confort was too drying for me. I have to say, I really like this cleanser. It is effective and not overly drying for my skin. It foams up nicely, makes a heavy "luxurious" foam which I really enjoy. It is scented but not strongly. When I first got it I thought it smelled like roses, but now I find that it smells like raspberries. The scent doesn't linger. It doesn't remove makeup as well as the Chanel but I use a dedicated makeup remover so I don't really need it to. I especially like to use this in the morning. At any rate I will probably repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My skin's been in a really bad patch lately. My rosacea's been flaring so I got out my big guns: finacea and 1% tretinoin cream in addition to my regular metrogel and antibiotics. I was flaking, breaking out, dry, in short a mess and miserable. All my regular cleansers in my arsenal were stinging me like Cerave, Cetaphil, LRP, even Mir. I was getting desperate. So I dug out my sample of this not expecting squat but after just a small dollop, I had soft cushy foam that blanketed my face, Cleaned off my sunscreen in one fell swoop without me needing to use an oil beforehand or a washcloth. (And when your face is hurting this is a godsend.) When I rinsed it off my face felt softer, supple and some of the flakes were gone. Yes it is highly fragranced but it didn't sting the redness around my nose. I used it again on subsequent days and had the same experience. And no additional breakouts! It wasn't my imagination.

I then tried it again with my Clarisonic as my face healed and it was even better since it was just the right amount of cushioning against the brush head. Love! I will continue to use this.

I am so glad that Lancome is so generous with their samples. My tube is a big 2 oz tube for a sample tube and I never would have tried this otherwise just because of the fragrance alone. This and the Creme Radiance cleanser--again a sample--have convinced me that Lancome skincare samples are not throwaway pieces of crap in the skincare world.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this product for 3 weeks on my dry, sensitive skin. It hasn't broken me out nor made my skin drier. A small, pea sized amount is more than enough so the full-sized tube will last for a long time. However, it will not remove ALL traces of makeup, so I still have to remove my makeup with a cleansing oil prior to this cleanser. Also, I don't recommend using this cleanser to remove eye makeup, as it burns my eyes. It has a slightly perfumed smell that I find tolerable but unnecessary. However, I won't be repurchasing this product because it does contain parabens.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

This is a good cleanser but I can't, for the life of me, figure out why it was part of a set for dry skin. It's very drying all over my face; my cheeks and forehead are actually taut (and not in the good way) after using it. It doesn't irritate my skin but does bother my eyes a bit. Most products do, so that's not a great strike against it.

In its favor, it foams beautifully and a very small amount, about the size of a pea, is enough for face and neck. But even though the Confort toner, which came with it, seems to alleviate the dryness, I'm not using this cleanser any longer and certainly won't buy it again.

(This is an updated review for the recently re-packaged version of this product). Background: The 'original' version that came in a pale pink tube, with lid, was very drying and more highly scented than the recently upgraded version. In addition, I've discovered that, for best efficacy, you need to give this product a chance (3 months +), as well as use it conservatively. This isn't what I'd class as a mu remover, it's a CLEANSER-there's a difference. Texture: Light and foamy. Scent: Mild, floral, which dissipates after use. Not as scented as either Clarifiance or Galatee Confort Cleansing Milk. Usage: I reserve this cleanser for days when I haven't been wearing full makeup or a lot of sunscreen. Therefore, I don't use this on a daily basis-maybe every couple of days or so. Accordingly, I use a tiny smear of this on a dampened, non-latex m/up remover sponge, and press gently into my skin, then "spritz" my skin with tepid water. Perfectly effective. Refreshing without being too drying. A nice 'switch' from milkier cleansers by Lancome.