4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 months ago

Amazed by this. I have incredibly dry skin on my body (my face is an oil slick but that's its own separate issue), and have hunted for a body wash that won't dry me out for YEARS. I have this in "Yuzu" but plan on purchasing the other scents - this lathers really well for a moisturizing wash, well-enough that I can use this to shave with, doesn't dry me out, and isn't cloyingly over-scented (scent doesn't linger on skin whatsoever post-shower, which I don't mind). I don't have body acne issues so I can't speak to how well this would work there, I definitely plan on repurchasing, and in other scents once I run out of this one!

About reviewer (150 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

4 years ago

I really like this body wash a lot. It doesn't moisturizer well but it also doesn't dry me out either. I do have hard water so that's pretty impressive. My favorite scent is Gardenia, so far I've also tried coconut (yum) vanilla (ok) and cucumber melon (not my favorite) A really great and gentle body wash that doesn't aggravate my sensitive skin, makes if soft and doesn't add to my back and chest acne. Would definitely buy again!

About reviewer (191 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

I order this in bulk from Amazon, I love the Sandalwood one. It is so gentle I can omit lotion afterwards, rinses completely clean and leaves a soft, earthy scent of the skin. Seeing as sandalwood is found in so many perfumes, it doesn't clash with anything I choose to wear afterwards. Took 2 lippies off for packaging because it has leaked in my bag on trips, so I bought a refillable bottle at REI and transfer into it when I must travel.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

5 years ago

Love this body wash! The scent doesn't linger after you get out of the shower, but it smells great while you're lathering. I also use it as a shave gel, and like it much better than any shave foams.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinNormal

HairOther

5 years ago

Very moisturizing and such a delicious scent (I got coconut). This can be pretty pricey considering the size of the bottle but it lathers well so a little goes a long way. Usually goes for $10 but I found it at vitacost for $6. (I repurchased this in the pomegranate fragrance when they were out of coconut and didn't care for the smell, like over-ripe fruit/punch or... something. The formula was still great, though maybe a little less rich moisturizing than the coconut IIRC).

About reviewer (180 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairOther, Wavy, Medium

EyesOther

5 years ago

Best smelling body wash ever. Not extremely cleansing or exfoliating

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair

HairBlond

6 years ago

This product is amazing!!! I have that kind of incredibly dry and itchy skin that becomes so uncomfortable in the cold and dry of the winter. I am constantly searching for products to help it stay comfortable -- I don't really even care if it feels soft to the touch during the winter, I just don't want to be itching constantly. This is one of the better things I have found. I cannot use regular shower gel in the winter, even supposedly moisturizing ones just leave me flaky and itchy. I use Eucerin daily shower cleansing oil and that works ok but there is nothing to love about the smell. I came across the ShiKai gels at a local apothecary and fell in love with the gardenia scent and was drawn to the aloe and colloidal oatmeal so I thought I would try it. It is even better than I'd hoped. The texture is a little on the goopy side but it lathers nicely and smells incredible (very much like real gardenias... which is rare) and it absolutely leaves my skin comfortable and less itchy. I'm thrilled I stumbled into this and will definitely plan on buying it again.

About reviewer (97 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

6 years ago

Wow, this is some nice stuff! I'm a long-time user of Philosophy shower gels, but now that they're switching to mostly floral scents (which I loathe), I decided to try this based on the reviews here. Thank you, MUAers who take the time to write reviews! I purchased the vanilla, which is lovely--like vanilla extract, not vanilla cupcakes. I find that the scent barely lingers after rinsing, but that's ok. This lathers well and rinses easily, and although I too don't think it's as moisturizing as they say it is, it doesn't strip my skin, either. This is one heck of a bargain for the price, and I'm looking forward to trying more scents.

About reviewer (1192 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Medium

7 years ago

Hubby bought this for me and I really loved it. Just finished the bottle. Mine was coconut scent. Really fresh, lathers well, good job greeting me clean. Glad hubby thought to buy it. I will be looking for more. Srry, if this review comes out weird. Trying new texting app.

About reviewer (158 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairOther, Curly, Fine

7 years ago

I bought this in the gardenia scent and use it as a bubble bath. It makes tons of bubbles and smells wonderful. I like that it is a natural product and is often on sale at natural food stores. Took off one star because it is not as moisturizing as it claims to be.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age36-43