Clarins Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

3.2

on 7/25/2012 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I don't like this product, it's sticky for a while. It goes on very thin, and it takes a long time to dry. It will stain your clothes quickly if you don't let the product dry for at least 1 hour before you get dressed.This product stays sticky to the touch for at least almost an hour.
I would recommend the Sally Hanson Airbruah Spray on Tan Makeup in Light to Medium.. You can see where this product goes and it last 1 week to 10 days before having to reapply.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

So i've been using this product on and off for a few years and i kind of developed a pattern with it. (BTW I speak french so don't mind my spelling) Everytime i use it for the first time it turns out great, a beautiful golden color that looks very natural on me, better than the tantowels plus. It also lasts a full week without becoming gross. (you do have to be very carefull how you apply) The problem is that as soon as you layer it, it turns a yucky uneven orange color. Like i applied some on saturday and it looked so good, i received tons of compliment. I thought it had faded by tuesday (yesterday) so i applied more for an event that i have. This morning i woke up and its gross looking! It always happen to me and now i really got the lesson. So if you want a light tan but don't intend to layer, this is good for you. But if you want more, i would recommand buying something else. Oh and when you apply, exfoliate a lot before, put gloves and rub moisturizer on knees, feet, elbows and hand before AND after application. Good luck!

on 4/20/2011 9:03:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've tried, St. Tropez, Fake Bake, SevinNyne, Too Faced Tanning in a tube, both Jergens,Tan Towels, Comodynes, Elarriia to name a few lol. This one is one the best because it doesn't leave streaks and it doesn't look darker in certain areas than other. I know its hard to fully massage into exfoliated skin and make sure the creme penetrates completely, but rest assured this product doesn't need all that extra "work". I put in on my regular unshowered skin. Many times I don't massage it as well as I should and I still get brilliant results. The price might be a little on the high side for some, but it beats dreading over worrying about all the other things you have to worry about to get optimal result for this self tanner. The smell is quite nice too. Many people worry about the smell. But I don't mind, Unfortunately it comes in 4 oz, which is pretty small, so use sparingly. During the winter months I use is on my upper body cause only one person gets to see my legs. I don't use it on my face because for me this is the only part of the body it didn't turn out too good on, The outcome, a repeat customer.

on 4/15/2008 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I tried this a few years ago, so maybe it has improved since, but it was ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE at the time.
The salesgirl assured me it did not smell as bad as most self tanners....well, the most horrible rotten egg smell developed along with the color, which was ORANGE. Not to mention it took forever to dry & was super streaky, no matter how carefully I applied it. That nasty smell took several showers to be rid of and clung to anything I came into contact with (clothes, sheets, towels).
Hands down the WORST self tanner I have ever used. Not one good thing to say about it...

on 6/27/2007 2:15:00 PM

This is the best self tanner that I have ever used. The color is beautiful, a rich golden brown - not a hint of orange. The consistency of this is like a really smooth serum - it makes it very easy to spread this on evenly and makes the skin feel softer. It doesn't leave any of that gross self-tanner smell on your skin, either. The only issue I have with this is the price - I save it for occasions since it is so expensive.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

OK--this is my first attempt at self-tanning as I have lived in Portland, OR and my naturally olive skin has developed into a pale sad color. I tried it yesterday--exfoliated and used some moisturizer per the instructions of the Claris rep...and it DID NOT DEVELOP. I ended up in the sun and got some sun the natural way later that day! So today, I put more on--granted, it has only been just over an hour, but I still see hardly any noticible change in my skin tone. It looks dirty if anything, certainly not the natural golden brown my skin achieves from the sun. Maybe I will discover by this evening that I have this amazing tan that was worth $26, but I am beginning to doubt it. I think this is strictly for those with true white fair-to-medium skin--anyone with olive, southern European complexions may want to locate another product. Any advice?