CLARINS Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

3.5

on 12/4/2010 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Only get this if you want a very soft glow. I've used this so many times and it only shows when I use it 3 days in a row and that turns me orange. Huge waste of $45.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this! I have tried quite a few self-tanners, and this is by far the best one yet! All of the people who have left comments pertaining to an "awful" smell obviously haven't tried many self-tanners because this one actually has a nice scent compared to others. I have found that you do not have to use a whole lot of this stuff per application, just using a small amount goes far! I recommend this to anyone wanting to give themself a beautiful, sunkissed glow. : )

EDIT: I'm sorry. I had to lower my rating from a 5 to a 3. Over time, this seems to be showing up more orange than anything on my skin. I have switched to St. Tropez Bronzing Mousse.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Product info: Smooth gel consistency, slight floral scent. Light golden colour. I think I paid around $45 at Myer, give or take.

Pros: Super easy to apply, and very natural looking. It has a nice golden colour. Does not streak or smell ridiculous the next day (just the normal post-fake tan smell), fades gradually.

Cons: The colour is too light for my liking (my natural skin colour is medium). This is the only reason I would not repurchase. I like it dark, but for those of you who prefer a light tan, this is perfect.

on 5/12/2009 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is pretty great. I have medium Asian skin that tans fairly well but, for some reason, my legs arenít able to hold a suntan. I use this chiefly on my legs so that they will match the rest of me. I use it 2 days in a row before bed so I can wash it off in the morning. This gives me a nice, natural-looking, tawny shade. Itís very close to the (natural) color on my arms. Then, I put on another coat a few days later just for maintenance.

The downside: like other reviewers have mentioned, it takes a LONG time to dry. Longer than anything Iíve used from Líoreal or Neutrogena. It takes almost an hour to finally feel like itís about to dry. I definitely would not use this in the morning right before dressing. The smell doesnít seem any worse or any stronger than other self-tanners.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Best self-tanner there is!!!!! I have used this for several months now and I still love the color it gives me (natural looking brownish-yellow tan color). It gives me that glow and everybody keeps asking me if I was in the sun! It is easy to apply, dries a lot quicker than other self-tanners, doesn't smell too bad and makes my skin soft too! Love, love, love it! Thank you Clarins!!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I got this a year or two ago, and I thought it was too natural for me. It created a nice glow, and it didn't streak at all, but it was just too light. The scent was really good. I will not be repurchasing though.