CLARINS Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

CLARINS Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel
Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

4.2

on 6/15/2014 11:15:00 PM

Though at first when I had a sample I loved it, so I bought a 7 oz tube. I like the consistency of the gel. What I hate is the smell. It's awful! I thought it was just me but one day after I put it on and sat down, my boyfriend asked me what that strange smell was, and he has a bad nose. I also noticed that when I went to scrub my legs to put some more on, it's like I'm scrubbing it off because the water is dirty. I'm going to use it till the end because I don't like wasting money but I won't be buying it again. I want to try St.Tropez or Tart.

Being as ghostly white as I am, I've tried countless amounts of sunless tanning products. After reading some pretty good reviews and seeing the 4 star rating I decided to give it a go. Firstly, applying this stuff was not what I expected it to be. I thought a "glee" would glide on smooth and easy. I was wrong. This stuff is so hard to spread, especially when you're trying to get that perfect EVEN tan. I kept having to reapply. Annoying. I then felt pretty sticky which is normal for self tanning products. After finding a few that dont have the side effect though ,this real bothers me. The stickiness went away in about 2 hours. I also stunk. Bad. And was kind of disapointed in the morning with the color because it was so faint. I want to be A TAN GODDESSSS. I dont just want to glow. On to the next one!

on 4/20/2011 9:03:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've tried, St. Tropez, Fake Bake, SevinNyne, Too Faced Tanning in a tube, both Jergens,Tan Towels, Comodynes, Elarriia to name a few lol. This one is one the best because it doesn't leave streaks and it doesn't look darker in certain areas than other. I know its hard to fully massage into exfoliated skin and make sure the creme penetrates completely, but rest assured this product doesn't need all that extra "work". I put in on my regular unshowered skin. Many times I don't massage it as well as I should and I still get brilliant results. The price might be a little on the high side for some, but it beats dreading over worrying about all the other things you have to worry about to get optimal result for this self tanner. The smell is quite nice too. Many people worry about the smell. But I don't mind, Unfortunately it comes in 4 oz, which is pretty small, so use sparingly. During the winter months I use is on my upper body cause only one person gets to see my legs. I don't use it on my face because for me this is the only part of the body it didn't turn out too good on, The outcome, a repeat customer.

on 7/25/2010 11:17:00 AM

I purchased this as a face self-tanner as the product description indicates that it is for both the body and face. After using this several times on my face, I came to the conclusion that, while this did give me a good amount of color, the shade I got was more pink (dare I say even orange-y) than bronze. I wasn't altogether unhappy with the effect because I figured that some color was better than none, and it evened out my skin tone. However, I decided to see what else was out there and found a much better product in Dior's self-tanner for the face.

The Dior was certainly more expensive per ounce, but the effects were worth it as it gave my skin a more bronzed look. Another reason I liked the Dior better than the Clarins was the consistency. The Clarins is a thick gel which reminds me more of Vaseline. No matter how thinly I applied it, I was left with a greasy residue on my face that stayed until morning when I washed it off. Just having a coating of product on my face was unsettling, but I also suspect that it was giving me blackheads on my cheeks. Also, the Clarins seemed so thick that it didn't spread well. This was a small problem on my face, but I can't imagine how one would spread it all over the body easily. The Dior, on the other hand, spreads evenly and absorbs quickly.

on 5/28/2009 7:44:00 AM

this is the best self tanner I have ever used, i love the gel formula it doesnt stain clothes and hands.

It does have a fairly strong smell of DHA but that goes away after shower, I usually apply the gel it all over my body overnight and then shower in the morning, this gives the most amazing natural colour and the best thing is, its buildable.

I used to adore St Tropez self tanning mousse, but this one beats it by far

on 5/12/2009 7:12:00 PM

I'm on my third bottle of Clarins Gelee Auto Bronzant Express and while I agree about it drying slowly and pu-wheeee it stinks (the price we pay for beauty, eh?!), I really like the results it delivers. A beautiful color that is buildable...people ask if I've been to the beach.
I applied it once before bed and was awakened throughout the night by the smell, but I do have a super-sensitive nose! Now I apply it around noon; then put on something old, sleeveless, and short to scoot around in until I bathe in the evening. Since I use Veet Hair Remover (which I loooove!) instead of shaving (which removes tan), color usually lasts 5-6 days for me.

on 4/23/2009 2:05:00 AM

I LOVE this product! This is by far my FAVORITE self-tanner...and I've tried mannnny of them. The gel is nice to apply, dries fairly quickly... (best thing is to do it at night..then put on a robe before bed... ) The color is amazing. It smells like self-tanner but don't they all? The color usually comes out even..believable...not overly orange or streaky like most. Just be careful when you apply. I've tried anything from Fake Bake, to Loreal, Neutrogena, Lancome, etc... and this is definitely the best!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I discovered this product last spring and I felt in love with it since the first application!
The main reason is the color: absolutely realistic, no strange orange/yellow undertone to me. I think that the best results comes with pale skin tone.
No issue with streaking, but you have to exfoliate your skin before and to apply with some tricks .... well, this is true for all the self-tanners that I've tried.

The only remarks is the price, 20 euros for 125 ml, but I save my skin and stop peolple asking me "Do you feel bad? You're so pale..."

Definetly I raccomend to pale girls that wants a believable colour and no error proof self tan!

on 5/8/2008 10:16:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

The best self tanner I have ever used. I am super pale; when you think of milky white skin you are thinking of me. I have used so many self tanners that I could nto begin to count or even list them and this is the one that I keep coming back to year after year. It is a gel formula that does not dry my skin and is so easy to apply. I put it on right out of the shower after drying off and I do wear latex gloves so my palms don't tan. This gel is so good at not streaking that I put it on without my husband's help (even on my back) and I rarely exfoliate before use. It does take two to three uses before I develop a nice golden glow but because the look is so natural even on my pale skin I do not mind. Two tips on application for an awesome tan with this gel is use the gloves and when you have applied all over take of one glove and rub it over the back of your hand then remove that glove, slip on the other and do the same for that hand. Do NOT add more tanner, just use the leftover on the gloves so your hands don't look super dark and weird. The other tip is of course apply sparingly to ankles and feet but I also go back over my ankles with gloved hands and no additional tanner to make sure it is rubbed in good (then I do my hands). I have never once streaked with this gel and it always comes out great. Totally worth the $30 to me as I have spent more money throwing away cheaper tanners that didn't work and left me orange. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for.

on 4/11/2008 2:39:00 PM

i've received 2 deluxe samples of this. exfoliated, moisturized, and applied the gel to my chest and arms. i used A LOT of it. at 1st it smelled like heavy chemicall bug repellant. than it faded to nothing. the color....WHAT COLOR? there was none! there is a SLIGHT difference, but far from looking tanned, or even "toasty". i love the gel formula, but it gave me no color. will not be purchasing full size (at the rediciolous price)