Clarins Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

3.7

on 5/11/2015 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

A bit greasy and sticky, smells strong and leaves skin orange ! Not a good product

on 5/14/2012 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Curly, Medium

Beautiful effect. Not exactly instant, but pretty quick. Natural looking, not orange. Smells like dried fruit,,,but not overpowering. Generous amount in tube. Will definitely buy again!

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This product is not tinted but the application is smooth and even. I never have problems with streaking. It has the typical self tanner smell but its not strong to me. To avoid uneven tan, scrub your skin before applying and the color is quite natural and develops very quickly over the night. I use this on my face and neck only because its so expensive.

Product description mentions this product performs best within 6 months of opening. Quite true, by 8th month, it doesn't seem to work much anymore.

on 8/1/2008 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this product! Never streaks. Leaves you bronze, NOT orange and dries fairly quickly! Also doesn't stain your clothes! And the smell, or the lack of is amazing! only con? the price! but definitely worth it in my opinion. i always use it before an event to make me look extra tan. :)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love the color this gives, but i need 2 applications to get a bronze color. I dont like the smell so much though. Its a little floral for my taste. Great moisturizing gel consistency. I always try others but come back to this

on 6/12/2007 12:08:00 AM

although i have bought about 3 of these, im looking for a new self tanner because of the PRICE for the small product.. anddd i think i could find a better colour. it's decent but too yellow.. my friend who uses this agrees. it is quite hard to build up a tan.. you need ALOT of product and is fairly small container for the price, which pisses me off. application is easy.. i do have a bit of trouble with my wrists/feet.. it doesnt last that long.. if i want to stay tan i need to put it on at least every other night. it fades evenly/decently EXCEPT for my feet they end up soo blotchy. i dont mind the smell. i won't repurchase anymore because its too expensive and its not amazing.. going to try something else. howeverr.. tried a sample for liquid bronze.. gave me face such a nice pretty, believable tan BUT it made me break out so i couldnt use it anymore :(

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i have the palest face in the world but i hate using self tanner on my face bcoz of the dark streaky mud or green color guide, the smell and it just looks blotchy ..im stuck at home if i have to do it...but this absolutely a great product!!! its gel-like in texture...goes on clear...no offensive smell..dries quick...slap this on and go to places and u wont have a problem at all!!!!!!! now i can go to the store or class and no one knows im getting a tan at the same time....LOL *update* my tomas self tanner is better and much cheaper

on 3/8/2006 2:32:00 AM

Orange. Glad I did a patch test first. Returned.

on 2/6/2006 4:38:00 PM

After reading all those nice reviews, I have to say it must be me??? I got absolutely no color from this stuff!!! And it takes forever to dry up. It was just a n awful awful experience...(I have a normal medium color skin tone.)

on 8/31/2005 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This gets high marks for ease of application, color results (I have natural golden undertones in my skin and this looks very natural, yet noticeable on me-not orange or muddy), and the fact that I can use it all over the body & face without any irritation. Only two downsides...1)takes a while to dry completely without having color transfer to clothing. I have to wait at least 15-20 minutes before dressing, and even then my skin still feels a bit sticky; 2) the scent is kind of a faint floral-chemical that reminds me of hair color developer mixed with generic dog shampoo (LOL!!!)...it's not as bad as it sounds, but the strange scent does linger on the skin the whole day & will stick to clothing. I find that most self tanners have less than appealing fragrance in general. This is a good self tanner product for dry skin especially because it remains dewy -- I don't need a separate moisturizer after using this.