CLARINS Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

3.6

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've been using this for a couple weeks and it gives a nice color, but I just cannot stand the stickiness. This never dries on me. I feel like I'm covered in maple syrup all night. It has a nice light smell and the color is nice, but it does not dry. That is a deal breaker for me. I will use up the tube because it is a little pricey, but I will not repurchase.

on 8/3/2015 11:45:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I tried this awhile back and really have mixed feelings about it. The color was nice, that I really liked. But the smell and application process is REALLY bad. As others have commented, it's very sticky and "wet" feeling. It honestly feels like it never dries! The smell isn't very good either. Way too chemically. Just an average self tanner in my IMHO.

on 5/11/2015 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros: on me, this gave fast results (started developing color in a couple of hours), the color looked great on me, not orangebut a nice honey bronze color, and the smell was pleasant.

Cons: STICKY!!!! Feels sticky going on, stays sticky until you can get showered. In order to use up the tube I had (I certainly wasn't going to trash it due to the $$$) I would slather it on before I took the dog for a long walk. By the time I got back home, then got showered I had some color and could get the sticky washed off.

I've found that Clinique's self tanning gel is more effective, better price and not sticky.

on 5/11/2015 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

A bit greasy and sticky, smells strong and leaves skin orange ! Not a good product

on 5/12/2012 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This self-tanner works very gradually on my skin, I am NW15 and even if I applied it every day the difference wasn't very big, maybe my skin went up to NW20. What I really liked was that it faded in a pretty natural way, I didn't have orange scales all over my skin a week after using it, I just became paler and paler with every day. It did leave me a bit streaky which was quite surprising to me because the product isn't that ''pigmented''. I really disliked the scent, it's not as bad as the Clarins self-tanner with mirabelle oil but it's still very unpleasant, I much prefer the standard self-tanning scent (that most people seem to hate).
Overall I though it was an OK product but the Victoria's secret tinted self-tanner is still by far the best one I have ever used (not to mention much cheaper). Even if I couldn't buy that one the Garnier Ambre solair dry body mist and the Collistar (italian brand) self-tanners are also better and cheaper than this product.

on 4/20/2011 9:03:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've tried, St. Tropez, Fake Bake, SevinNyne, Too Faced Tanning in a tube, both Jergens,Tan Towels, Comodynes, Elarriia to name a few lol. This one is one the best because it doesn't leave streaks and it doesn't look darker in certain areas than other. I know its hard to fully massage into exfoliated skin and make sure the creme penetrates completely, but rest assured this product doesn't need all that extra "work". I put in on my regular unshowered skin. Many times I don't massage it as well as I should and I still get brilliant results. The price might be a little on the high side for some, but it beats dreading over worrying about all the other things you have to worry about to get optimal result for this self tanner. The smell is quite nice too. Many people worry about the smell. But I don't mind, Unfortunately it comes in 4 oz, which is pretty small, so use sparingly. During the winter months I use is on my upper body cause only one person gets to see my legs. I don't use it on my face because for me this is the only part of the body it didn't turn out too good on, The outcome, a repeat customer.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this! I have tried quite a few self-tanners, and this is by far the best one yet! All of the people who have left comments pertaining to an "awful" smell obviously haven't tried many self-tanners because this one actually has a nice scent compared to others. I have found that you do not have to use a whole lot of this stuff per application, just using a small amount goes far! I recommend this to anyone wanting to give themself a beautiful, sunkissed glow. : )

EDIT: I'm sorry. I had to lower my rating from a 5 to a 3. Over time, this seems to be showing up more orange than anything on my skin. I have switched to St. Tropez Bronzing Mousse.

on 11/2/2010 6:35:00 AM

On the more expensive side but worth it. I apply it to my arms and legs and the colour is very believable. I like the texture of this product and it is not messy. The only negatives are a slight fake tan smell and a highish price.

on 3/5/2010 3:40:00 PM

I have very fair skin and my legs NEVER tan. This product is a lifesaver for the days I wear skirts or shorts. The tan is great and not a gross orangey color nor does it leave streaks. The smell is pretty awful though and the packaging is not the greatest. I usually cut off the top part of the package to get the remaining gel...it's expensive so you better believe I'm going to get my money's worth!

on 5/28/2009 7:44:00 AM

this is the best self tanner I have ever used, i love the gel formula it doesnt stain clothes and hands.

It does have a fairly strong smell of DHA but that goes away after shower, I usually apply the gel it all over my body overnight and then shower in the morning, this gives the most amazing natural colour and the best thing is, its buildable.

I used to adore St Tropez self tanning mousse, but this one beats it by far