CLARINS Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

CLARINS Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel
Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

on 7/25/2012 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I don't like this product, it's sticky for a while. It goes on very thin, and it takes a long time to dry. It will stain your clothes quickly if you don't let the product dry for at least 1 hour before you get dressed.This product stays sticky to the touch for at least almost an hour.
I would recommend the Sally Hanson Airbruah Spray on Tan Makeup in Light to Medium.. You can see where this product goes and it last 1 week to 10 days before having to reapply.

on 10/26/2011 4:34:00 PM

Struggled to tolerate the (overpowering) smell with this product. In the end, the smell was a deal-breaker, even though the tanning result was welcomed (light, natural). Pity, really.

on 12/4/2010 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Only get this if you want a very soft glow. I've used this so many times and it only shows when I use it 3 days in a row and that turns me orange. Huge waste of $45.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This product is not tinted but the application is smooth and even. I never have problems with streaking. It has the typical self tanner smell but its not strong to me. To avoid uneven tan, scrub your skin before applying and the color is quite natural and develops very quickly over the night. I use this on my face and neck only because its so expensive.

Product description mentions this product performs best within 6 months of opening. Quite true, by 8th month, it doesn't seem to work much anymore.

on 7/25/2010 11:17:00 AM

I purchased this as a face self-tanner as the product description indicates that it is for both the body and face. After using this several times on my face, I came to the conclusion that, while this did give me a good amount of color, the shade I got was more pink (dare I say even orange-y) than bronze. I wasn't altogether unhappy with the effect because I figured that some color was better than none, and it evened out my skin tone. However, I decided to see what else was out there and found a much better product in Dior's self-tanner for the face.

The Dior was certainly more expensive per ounce, but the effects were worth it as it gave my skin a more bronzed look. Another reason I liked the Dior better than the Clarins was the consistency. The Clarins is a thick gel which reminds me more of Vaseline. No matter how thinly I applied it, I was left with a greasy residue on my face that stayed until morning when I washed it off. Just having a coating of product on my face was unsettling, but I also suspect that it was giving me blackheads on my cheeks. Also, the Clarins seemed so thick that it didn't spread well. This was a small problem on my face, but I can't imagine how one would spread it all over the body easily. The Dior, on the other hand, spreads evenly and absorbs quickly.

on 5/19/2010 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Excellent self-tanner, very beautiful tan - looks very natural - something between golden and bronze. Lasts longs. Just great!

on 5/15/2010 5:40:00 PM

I'm going to start by telling you that I had a terrible experience with a self tanner a very long time ago when I first tried an inexpensive one by Coppertone... does anyone remember that horrible product??? it was the dual pump, which had left me streaky and orange. I never touched a self-tanner again since. Lucky for us bronze lovers who are also concerned about skin damage, self tanners have come a long way!
Earlier in the year, I had a wedding to go to and it was still very cold so there was no chance I was going to get a miracle tan without stepping into a tanning salon, which I wasn't prepared to do! So I went to my beloved Clarins counter and asked a few questions, after reading read rave reviews about this particular self-tanner. I was still apprehensive about purchasing this product because of my past experience and also because of the price tag ($35 CAD). I caved and bought it because I really had no choice... I had about a week to go! I started by exfoliating as suggested and I applied that evening after the shower. As many reviewers stated, it does have a strange smell, but that doesn't last long. It doesn't take too long to absorb, although it does feel a little sticky at first. I didn't see too much of a difference the first night, but I was warned about that. I think you need to be patient when you start with this product! I put it on again the following evening and started to see the difference! I wasn't orange, I wasn't streaky, just lightly tanned and natural! By the third night I could defnitely see that you can easily achieve the color you want by layering this product, and it looks great! I haven't used it since, but I will start again as it's getting warm and I'm pretty pasty white, which isn't fun for anyone to see in the sun...I am very happy with this product and would definitely recommend to anyone! Will repurchase!

on 3/6/2010 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my favorite self tanner. Great tan color (no orange hue) with even results. While it still smells like self tanner, it's not nearly as bad as some other brands.

It's expensive, so I reserve this for my face or for special occasions (and I can't afford a mistake). For everyday body use, I use L'Oreal self tanning gel.

For a self tanner, this one has a bearable scent. Im pale with dark hair NC20, and wanted a natural looking fake tan since I dont like sun tanning. When I worked for Prescriptives, I used their self tanner which I really liked but the reviews on this one were so high that I decided to try it. It is expensive, I think I paid around $38 for it at Sephora. The texture is nice, like a lightweight gel lotion. I usually shave first and use a plain moisturizing lotion all over then wait for it to sink in, before I apply the self tanner. It does take about 2 or 3 applications to see results. The first time I used it I put it on the morning of a dance performance and to my sadness it didn't kick in in time :(. Start to use it 2 days ahead of when you want to have color. I dont use it all the time, mostly just in summer or if Im going to an event; then I start a couple days before. The color is golden and natural, Im still not a pro at applying it, especially around knees and feet. It does help to moisturize first. One bottle lasts me about 15 applications on my legs, its too expensive for me to use all the time though. Hope this helped!

I've tried a lot of self tanners and this is the best. The smell after applying is not great, but all self tanners have that odor. I get a lot of compliments on my tan when I use this. It's not orange at all, the color builds up gradually, and fades gradually. No blotches or spots when it's fading. Very expensive, but worth the price in my opinion.