CLARINS Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

CLARINS Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel
Gelee Auto Bronzant Express - Self-Tanning Instant Gel

on 4/1/2018 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the color results! Nice subtle color that didn't look fake and lasted about 3 days. I applied with my hands and afterwards washed my hands with regular hand soap and didn't notice any staining. I also didn't notice any color transfer to my sheets or clothing. It did seem to take a long time to soak in, like 20 - 30 mins, before my skin didn't feel tacky. It's expensive for a self-tan product, but if you buy Clarins products then it's about what you'd expect to pay. The only thing I really couldn't tolerate was the smell; it's very strong at first and to me is a combination of strong perfume and tanning chemical. I have found other products I like just as much, with a more pleasant smell and much lower cost.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've been using this for a couple weeks and it gives a nice color, but I just cannot stand the stickiness. This never dries on me. I feel like I'm covered in maple syrup all night. It has a nice light smell and the color is nice, but it does not dry. That is a deal breaker for me. I will use up the tube because it is a little pricey, but I will not repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I said yes to repurchasing this product but with hesitation (I wish there were an option for that) because of the price tag in comparison to the amount of product.
Clarins is known for their self tanners and this one lives up to the hype.
If you can get past that horrible self tanner smell and the stickiness, this product gives a nice subtle tan that doesn't look orange.
The smell does dissipate and the stickiness does too. I apply it mainly on my legs about half an hour before bed and I haven't woken up to blotchy sheets.
I'm hoping to find a less expensive alternative but if I don't, I'll repurchase this or try the Clarins delicious self tanning cream.

on 7/3/2012 11:22:00 AM

I expected more fom Clarins. I used to use one of their self tanners years ago and it worked fine. This barely shows on my skin and can be a bit greasy. I think I'll stick with L'oreal Sublime. It's much cheaper and gives me a nice natural tan.

on 6/14/2009 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Have been using this product for years. Provides the MOST natural, even looking tan that just fades away gradually, (not blotchy). Nothing compares. It is expensive, but worth it. I have tried cheaper ones, but always come back to this one. NO orangey, fake looking color. Just a beautiful, brownish glow. As anemic looking as I am, I would never be without this product. I have enough sun damage from my sunbathing days and will never lay out again.

on 7/11/2001 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this!! I just tried my first tube this past month and this is my favorite and the one I will buy from now on! It has almost NO scent and I love this. It tans as well as the milk. No orange, no streaks, but it does seem to stain my nails more than the milks, and I don't know why. It lasts as long as the Milk tanner, I am getting 5-6 days before noticeable fading. Always exfoliate first and use on lotion free skin. You can use this one on your face too, but I have not tried it yet. I hate to try new products on my face. My skin is sensitive and I never know what they are going to do. But I will try it and then amend this review. It does not come in shades, like the Clarins face tanner, so we will see if it makes my face too dark.